Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59
  1. #1
    Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.26.02
    Age
    37
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    18,444
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

    08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Likes
    228
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts


    Donor

    Default VH nixes logo by gay rap group V.I.P.

    It's ashame we don't have any real VH news these days, but I did come across this today:


    VAN HALEN ain't talkin' 'bout love when it comes to V.I.P.

    An attorney for the '80s rockers sent a letter to the local gay rap outfit claiming its logo is "confusingly similar" to Van Halen's.

    The parody logo appears on the cover of V.I.P.'s debut EP, "Mad Coke," full of amusingly graphic rhymes about oral sex and drugs.

    The letter, sent to Collission/Collider Records, run by V.I.P.'s Andrew Ryan, aka Produca Bruce, asks the band to stop using the logo, threatening legal action if it does not comply.

    Ryan says the band will stop using the logo, and has already taken it down from its Web site.

    "It's just a pain in the ass," says Ryan, who, in conjunction with the label Space Foundation, pressed 1,000 CD's and 500 LP's.

    Ryan plans to cover the logo on remaining copies and feels it "may have been less of an issue" to the band "if we weren't a gay hip-hop group."

    V.I.P. is on hiatus, as one of its MC's, Bear, is studying in London until March.

    Calls to Van Halen's attorneys were not returned yesterday.
    Last edited by SuckaInA3Piece; 01.25.05 at 05:41 PM.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

    "The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

    Sucka'sFacebook

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk onefootoutthedoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.15.01
    Age
    42
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    8,033
    Last Online

    07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Likes
    10
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece
    It's ashame we don't have any real VH news these days, but I did come across this today:


    VAN HALEN ain't talkin' 'bout love when it comes to V.I.P.

    An attorney for the '80s rockers sent a letter to the local gay rap outfit claiming its logo is "confusingly similar" to Van Halen's.

    The parody logo appears on the cover of V.I.P.'s debut EP, "Mad Coke," full of amusingly graphic rhymes about oral sex and drugs.

    The letter, sent to Collission/Collider Records, run by V.I.P.'s Andrew Ryan, aka Produca Bruce, asks the band to stop using the logo, threatening legal action if it does not comply.

    Ryan says the band will stop using the logo, and has already taken it down from its Web site.

    "It's just a pain in the ass," says Ryan, who, in conjunction with the label Space Foundation, pressed 1,000 CD's and 500 LP's.

    Ryan plans to cover the logo on remaining copies and feels it "may have been less of an issue" to the band "if we weren't a gay hip-hop group."

    V.I.P. is on hiatus, as one of its MC's, Bear, is studying in London until March.

    Calls to Van Halen's attorneys were not returned yesterday.

    he he... he said pain in the ass...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece
    Ryan plans to cover the logo on remaining copies and feels it "may have been less of an issue" to the band "if we weren't a gay hip-hop group."
    .
    I'm sure they'd LOVE that to be the primary issue, but I guess no one's told them that the VH has been suing rappers and hip-hoppers for years for varying types of infringement, regardless of sexual preference.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  4. #4
    Eruption Casemeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.18.03
    Age
    30
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,285
    Favorite VH Album

    VH, VH2, FW, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Big River, Little Guitars
    Last Online

    03.22.17 @ 07:01 AM
    Likes
    12
    Liked 120 Times in 49 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece
    Ryan plans to cover the logo on remaining copies and feels it "may have been less of an issue" to the band "if we weren't a gay hip-hop group."

    I may have been less of an issue if it wasn't a copyright infringment.
    Waylon Jennings: 1937-2002.
    "There ain't nothin' quite as sad as watching your heroes die."

    RIP, Hoss!

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk BREW CREW's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.09.00
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,665
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

    08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Likes
    45
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    anything for attention
    Just go for it!

  6. #6
    Top Of The World Runaround's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.09.04
    Age
    42
    Location
    Grand Rapids,MI
    Posts
    158
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained / 5150
    Last Online

    01.07.07 @ 11:57 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LowLifeFlatHeadScum
    I'm sure they'd LOVE that to be the primary issue, but I guess no one's told them that the VH has been suing rappers and hip-hoppers for years for varying types of infringement, regardless of sexual preference.
    Yeah, our band is an equal opportunity litagation machine, we'll sue anybody!!
    Its all fun and games until someone pokes an eye out, then its just fun you can't see!

    Auburn Hills, Detroit - The Palace of Auburn Hill - Front Row, Dead Center - Van Halen 2004

  7. #7
    5150 VH2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.14.00
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    665
    Last Online

    11.18.12 @ 07:34 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    These guys are just getting too fucking ridiculous with this "copyright" shit!!
    Shut the fuck up and make some new music already!!

  8. #8
    Good Enough Phatie's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.25.03
    Age
    52
    Location
    took the 5:15 to Kalamazoo
    Posts
    2,398
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

    09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor


  9. #9
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    01.14.04
    Posts
    60
    Last Online

    08.27.08 @ 09:40 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phatie

  10. #10
    Good Enough Phatie's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.25.03
    Age
    52
    Location
    took the 5:15 to Kalamazoo
    Posts
    2,398
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

    09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantford
    You think that was bad? OMFG

    http://collision.blackmountainmusic.com/vip/

  11. #11
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    05.23.00
    Location
    ..this desperate part of town.
    Posts
    2,306
    Last Online

    12.09.17 @ 09:22 AM
    Likes
    562
    Liked 280 Times in 134 Posts

    Ummmm.. that "song" was just creepy...
    Sings like a bird. Rocks like a pig.

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk onefootoutthedoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.15.01
    Age
    42
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    8,033
    Last Online

    07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Likes
    10
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phatie


    The sad thing is that I will not get the time back that I spent by clicking on that link...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  13. #13
    Eruption markp's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.20.03
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    1,079
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

    06.08.17 @ 10:06 AM
    Likes
    7
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    It would be best to have no association with that song/group *whatsoever*

  14. #14
    Hot For Teacher Ineedalogin's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.02.02
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    320
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    09.30.17 @ 09:32 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 97 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Anyone got a picture of their logo so I can see how closely it resemble's Van Halen's?

  15. #15
    Hang 'Em High RRMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.09.03
    Age
    47
    Location
    EyeOhWuh
    Posts
    6,794
    Favorite VH Album

    The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

    Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

    05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Dear God...even my dog was tilting his head at those songs.

    Either that or "sssssssssththhthththtsssss" noisssssthththtss wasssssttthhh
    bothering hissssssstttththththt earssssssthththth


    By the way, the line about sex on Percocet...very true...when you're at the looped stage of it taking it's affect...AWSOME...most intense orgasm I ever had with my wife.

    WHAT THE FUCK AM I SAYING...SOMEONE KILL ME
    Last edited by RRMB; 01.25.05 at 09:34 PM.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

    "Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

    "Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)


    http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

    CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. TMac's new group
    By graeme in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09.17.06, 01:24 AM
  2. Group Memberships
    By WinterlessIceness in forum VHLinks Feedback & Troubleshooting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04.05.05, 01:24 PM
  3. Super Group Update... : )
    By Mike Damone in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02.26.02, 11:39 PM
  4. Best band/Group of the last 20 years...
    By Eddie's Monster in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04.03.01, 06:04 PM
  5. Cool Ass SUPER GROUP
    By Ed6150 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09.14.00, 09:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •