Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Parents Television Council

these people need to be stopped!

36 complaints of indecency Monday against popular TV shows including "Friends" and "The Simpsons." by the Parents Television Council...

FCC Denies 36 Indecency Complaints
    1 hour, 25 minutes ago
    By GENARO C. ARMAS, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - Regulators rejected 36 complaints of indecency Monday against popular TV shows including "Friends" and "The Simpsons."

The objections had been filed with the Federal Communications Commission (news - web sites) by the Parents Television Council, a watchdog group that frequently complains about sex and violence on television.

"In context, none of the segments were patently offensive under contemporary community standards for the broadcast medium, and thus not indecent," the agency said in a statement. The FCC (news - web sites) also ruled "the material was not profane, in context."

Three members of the five-member FCC approved the orders: Chairman Michael Powell and Kathleen Abernathy, both Republicans; and Democrat Jonathan Adelstein. The two other commissioners, Democrat Michael Copps and Republican Kevin Martin, dissented on parts of the rulings.

Copps said in a statement that the agency should have performed a more thorough investigation. "I believe that some of these broadcasts present a much closer call," he said.

Powell announced last week he was leaving the FCC in March. Martin, who has been rumored to be among candidates to replace him as chairman, did not comment Monday but said he would issue a statement at a later date.

The Parents Television Council alleged that the programs, which aired between Oct. 29, 2001, and Feb. 11, 2004, contained sexually explicit segments or used indecent or profane language that violated indecency standards.

"In what community in America are graphic terms for genitalia decent?" said Lara Mahaney, a spokeswoman for the council. "The commission's ruling added no clarification and added more confusion."

One complaint involved an episode of NBC's "Friends" that aired in May 2003. In it, a female character, her husband and the husband's ex-girlfriend talk about a fertility treatment at a medical office.

A complaint over "The Simpsons," which airs on Fox, included a scene from a November 2003 episode in which students carried picket signs with the phrases "What would Jesus glue?" and "Don't cut off my pianissimo."

Federal law bars nonsatellite radio and noncable television stations from airing references to sexual and excretory functions between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., when children are more likely to be listening and watching.

The FCC said the segments in question "were not patently offensive" within the context of the shows.

The FCC's responses to indecency complaints have received extra scrutiny since singer Janet Jackson (news)'s "wardrobe malfunction" at last year's Super Bowl halftime show.

The FCC received more than 1 million indecency complaints in 2004, most of them involving the exposure of Jackson's breast during her performance. Fines for indecent programming exceeded $7.7 million last year, a huge increase from the $48,000 imposed in 2000, the year before Powell became chairman.

Powell has said the crackdown was in response to mounting complaints from consumers and Congress.

Copps criticized Monday's rulings as "rather cursory decisions" that did not address the objections of viewers nor those of skittish broadcasters worried about what may be too racy to air. He singled out concern for a movie that aired on ABC in May 2003, "The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer."

A scene from the movie cited in the complaint included a male character tying up a woman in bed and then applying ice to her abdomen.

Several House and Senate members say they plan to introduce bills in the next few weeks to raise the maximum indecency fine. A similar bill that would increase the top fine from $32,500 to as much as $500,000 per incident stalled in Congress.

Last Online

08.16.15 @ 10:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod
    these people need to be stopped!
    Maybe you should take some initiative, voivod.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I don't know if it was these clowns but back in the 1970s some activist group with either "Parents" or "Family" in their name got a bunch of shows kicked off the air. They killed "Starsky & Hutch" and "Barretta" and some other shows due to what they felt as excessive violence. Violence was the big boogie man back then. These are the same people who got toy stores to drop cap guns and forced Hasbro to stop making GI Joe.

It was truely a dark time.

That was back when there were only 13 channels on t.v., today they're power is limited because of cable and the internet and video games, all of which they bitch about but have little impact on.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

This group of people are pissed off about the Simpsons and Friends?

I say mail them each a remote control and include instruction on how to change the channel.

Back in about 1977 I was a kid living in Yakima, Washington, cable was fairly new to Yakima. One of the options was PLAYBOY TV, of course you had to pay extra for it. This local group decided it was wrong for Playboy TV to be availible and picketed outside of the local Cox cable office for at least two months. Finally the Cable Co took the Playboy TV option out of the Yakima Valley.

I was a kid at the time and remember thinking how dumb it was, If you dont want Playboy TV then dont order it!!!

I hate it when other people decide what is right for me to watch.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

Umm...how about they take off some of the really indecent crap...all those shitty reality shows that are an insult to the brain. "The Simpsons" and "Friends" are two of the funniest shows in the last fifteen years. If I had a child the last thing I would worry about is him or her watching those shows. MTV and their "its okay to dress, dance, and act like a whore" attitude is what is truly hurting today's youth. It is really gross to see girls at 12 dressing like Christina Aguilera or Paris Hilton...especially how skinny they are. The whole focus on image has gotten way out of hand. These groups don't know a thing about what is affecting the youth.

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

or parents could learn to change the fuckin channel! There, done, end of story, everyone goes home happy :
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thai Boxer 9901
    or parents could learn to change the fuckin channel! There, done, end of story, everyone goes home happy :
    bingo!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Thai Boxer 9901
    It's about control. They can't stand the idea that somebody might enjoy things that they think are offensive (being offended is a choice), banning certain programs means that they don't have to face up to the facts that they may be the ones with a social problem.

These are the same people who probably had dense fruit thrown at them in junior high because they were the hall monitors or just the class snitch. My problem is that there is a point where this crap becomes anti-American, certainly unconstitutional ( as the Supreme Court has rule many times). Today, with so many channels and viewing options, you litterally have to search dozens of channels to find something that will upset you. It's like going into a huge city and seeking out a nudie-bar, then walking in and seeing nekkid chicks, then complaining to the city counsel. All this though you are not a citizen of the city that you are fucking up.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

I'd be willin to be you dimes to dollars that these ass-hats were the ones in the 70's taking part in all the designer drugs, sex without love parties (not that there's anything wrong with that) and are

BORN-AGAIN CHRISTIANS

It's those fuckers that think they can preach morality and decide how we should live our lives.

Hey sorry you were a piece of fucked up ass-matter in "the day" but the last time I checked, my life only came with one instruction manual; but my wife lost it somewhere between moves, said something about HER manual foir my life being better. So if you'll excuse me, I'm late for another installment of how to be a better husband.

Besides, I don't need you or anyone else deciding how I should run my life or telling me how to raise my kid. My wife told me so.
    Last edited by RRMB; 01.24.05 at 11:33 PM.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

firstly, its alright to dress like a whore and act like one , but not ok to laugh your ass off?

check out your remote/cable box/tv, there is a off button, right?

USE IT! if you cant handle things that are on tv DONT WATCH IT!!!!!

these are the people who shouldent be allowed to have a TV!

i dont like being told what to watch, do or say. i say fuck them all, flip the bird, and watch what i want!

i am 16 as of the moment, watch whatever i want, do whatever i want, and nobody bothers me about it.

these are people who have no life.they think they can tell others what to do, just like the 80's with the music and that stupid parental advisory sticker. it ruins the album cover! and i hate things that are edited!

its called fucking choices, change the cannel, turn the tv off and have a nice, family style day!
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you donít have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Donít forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

FCC to rebuff 'Private Ryan' complaints
    Source: Money

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A majority of U.S. communications regulators have voted to deny viewer complaints that ABC television stations violated indecency rules when they aired the movie "Saving Private Ryan" last November, an FCC official said on Monday.

Three of the five commissioners on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission have voted to deny complaints against 159 ABC affiliates that aired the award-winning film, said the official, who asked not to be named because the vote was not completed.

The movie, which includes profanity and violence, told the story about the Allied invasion of Normandy during World War II and ran on Veteran's Day. Sixty-six ABC affiliates refused to show the movie for fear of attracting an indecency fine.

Warnings were aired throughout the broadcast about the content. The ABC network, owned by Walt Disney Co. (Research), ran the movie twice before and did not incur FCC penalties.

The FCC decision would become final once the remaining two commissioners cast their votes.

Separately, the FCC also on Monday rejected 36 complaints that television stations violated decency limits by airing episodes of popular shows like "Friends" and "The Simpsons," as well as the movie "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me."

The Parents Television Council had complained about the shows' sexual references, like an episode of "Friends" on the NBC network where characters discussed a cake in the shape of a penis. Another complaint centered on Fox's "The Simpsons" show where students carried signs that said: "Don't cut off my pianissimo".

The group also said indecency rules were violated when the main character in the Austin Powers movie had his genitals hidden by furniture and other objects.

But the FCC denied the complaints by PTC, which has been pushing regulators to crack down on broadcasters and lawmakers to raise fines, now $32,500 per incident.

"We find that none of the material referenced in PTC's complaints rises to the level of being patently offensive under our indecency definition," the FCC said in its order. The agency also said the material was not profane.

A representative for the organization said the FCC was only going after extreme cases.

"The FCC is only deeming everything indecent that is way over the top," said Lara Mahaney, a spokeswoman for the PTC. "We know of no community in America where like words like 'dick' and 'dickhead' would be considered decent or commonfare language."

Those vulgarities were aired on the programs "Dawson's Creek" on the WB Television Network, owned by Time Warner Inc. (Research) and "NYPD Blue," on ABC.

Federal regulations limit television and radio stations from airing indecent material, such as sexually explicit discussions or profane language, except during late night hours when children are less likely to be watching or listening.

Over the last year, the FCC has been tougher in cracking down on incidents after Janet Jackson exposed her breast during the Super Bowl football game last year.

NBC is owned by General Electric Co. (Research) and Fox is owned by News Corp. (Research). CNN/Money is also owned by Time Warner.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Those people really need to get a life. If you don't like the show, change the fucking channel!
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

Changing the channel is easy. What about those disgusting "I can't get it up" commercials??

"A strong sexual experience."
    "Strong, powerful erection."

I need my nearly 2 year old to hear that while we're trying to watch 60 minutes.

<disclaimer: if your erection lasts more than 4 hours, please contact us at studmuffin.com>
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:07 PM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Yeah, let's stop these Born Again Christian fuckers from having an opinion that differs from ours.....

Let's fucking hate these fucking fuckers for having their fucking complaints tossed in the fucking trash can. Fuckers.

Let's base our fucking anger on a fucking vague fucking news article. How fucking dare they fucking complain about what is on the fucking TV. Fuck 'em, they're fucking keeping me from enjoying the fuck out of my fucking vulgarity rights.

Dick jokes and simulated sex acts should be freely available throughout society. And fuck these people for having the audacity to complain.

The hatred you people are spewing is so much more dangerous than these people could ever hope to be.

Last Online

12.26.11 @ 07:47 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avhevhmashdlr
    firstly, its alright to dress like a whore and act like one , but not ok to laugh your ass off?

check out your remote/cable box/tv, there is a off button, right?

USE IT! if you cant handle things that are on tv DONT WATCH IT!!!!!

these are the people who shouldent be allowed to have a TV!

i dont like being told what to watch, do or say. i say fuck them all, flip the bird, and watch what i want!

i am 16 as of the moment, watch whatever i want, do whatever i want, and nobody bothers me about it.

these are people who have no life.they think they can tell others what to do, just like the 80's with the music and that stupid parental advisory sticker. it ruins the album cover! and i hate things that are edited!

its called fucking choices, change the cannel, turn the tv off and have a nice, family style day!
    I am most definitely an advocate for self-censorship rather than having someone else making the decision of what I should or shouldn't be watching or listening to. It is extemely easy just to turn it off when it offends me or it's something I don't want my sons to be watching.

I must add though, that your post helps, in their minds, make the arguement for those people who want to impose their ideas of morality on others thru censorship. Their are hundreds of thousands of kids, watching and listening to whatever they want with absolutely no guidance whatsoever from their parents, and this group, the Parental Television, and other like them feel they must step-up in order to save the inocense of our youth.

Those of you that have read in my post in the past, know I am far from an up-tight prude. Yes, I am a church going, God believing conservative, but I also have no problem enjoying a beer or two, and having a good laugh at a sexual or relegious oriented joke. With that said, I will never let my kids or their friends that may be visiting do or watch whatever they want without my approval. I know at 16, you feel you're adult enough to make choices for yourself, but you're probably getting that misconception from watching some 25 year old playing a 16 year old on television.