Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Default Sirius and VH

I just had my Sirius installed and was checking out all the features/stations, etc. since I'm new to it. I found this on the "Buzzsaw", channel 19. Don't know if anyones mentioned this yet but here it is again anyway. I'm sure it's been up since the reunion but I thought it was awesome that one of their stations had to dedicate a block of time every week dedicated to Van Halen alone. Again, if it's old news, sorry.

Van Halen X2 - The Best Of Both Worlds
    Fridays (3 pm ET):
    Now That Sammy's back in Van Halen, we thought it best to present to you a weekly smattering of the Van Halen that matters - meaning, we'll throw down a set featuring Sammy And David Lee Roth tunes every Friday afternoon. From VH1 through The Best Of Both Worlds and almost everything in between, (sorry, no Gary Cherone music!) you'll get quite a dose of Van Halen - hosted by Rockin' Keith Roth (no relation to David Lee...or is there?)
    Last edited by TheresOnlyOneWay; 01.24.05 at 02:34 PM.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 05:31 PM
    Liked 1,595 Times in 981 Posts

Donor

LOL...even satellite radio DJs ignore the Cherone years.

Aw...poor Gary.

Unchained only letters and numbers's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

10.28.14 @ 02:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

That is awesome! I'm planning on getting Sirius when Howard goes over there.
    January 5, 2005 - Resurrection

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 02:08 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I have XM, and not the lil' doggy company (sirius), and on 41 "The Boneyard"

They played 4 VH songs already today some some gems I might add...

1. Black and Blue
    2. Can't Get This Stuff No More
    3. Learning to See
    4. Summer Nights...

On Top Tracks (Classic Rock Station) they played:
    1. Ain't Talking 'Bout Love
    2. Jump
    3. Top of the World
    4. You Really Got Me.

the 80's Station not to forget Played:
    1. Jump
    2. Feels Good

and Lastly Opie and Anthony's "Variety Hour" before the show played:
    1. Jamie's Crying.

Not bad if you ask me

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 05:31 PM
    Liked 1,595 Times in 981 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian
    I have XM, and not the lil' doggy company (sirius), and on 41 "The Boneyard"

They played 4 VH songs already today some some gems I might add...

1. Black and Blue
    2. Can't Get This Stuff No More
    3. Learning to See
    4. Summer Nights...

Those airplay picks are amazing. Seriously. Maybe I need to check XM out for my truck...

Last Online

03.07.05 @ 10:17 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've considered purchasing radio, but I had difficulty trying to figure out whether to go with XM or Sirius. 'Dedicating Friday Afternoon to Van Halen' sounds like contract obligation, or something like that. Are they owned by WB or some parent company?

I'd dig it like a trench, but I hate how little VH they play here in Evansville. (They seem to play the same song for a month only once a day)
    -==VH5150@gMail.com==-
    www.billandlars.com
    Quite Possible the World's Greatest Website

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

05.13.12 @ 10:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i bought my dad xm for christmas. he loves it! he said he's never heard the same song twice. if you don't know if to buy xm or sirius, you can go to their websites and try them out online for a few days free.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

All of them...
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have XM in the car, and DISH network just added Sirius channels to my home satellite. I must say, I prefer the Sirius. Has better 80's stations and plays better music.
    "Living with the Aftershock"

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

I've had Sirius ever since the Dish Network added them to their service. I absolutely love it! I don't listen to the Rock stations per say, mostly channel 17 "Jam Bands," and "Blues" 29. I do surf around occasionally and have found some other great stations. No matter what your tastes, you'll find a station you simply can't live without. I haven't heard XM, but I'm sure it's also a great service.....

Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by only letters and numbers
    That is awesome! I'm planning on getting Sirius when Howard goes over there.
    Yeah,
    I have XM now. I wish Stern was coming to XM instead of Sirius.
    BTW.. XM 41 The Boneyard did a whole weekend of VH with solo work from Sammy,Dave and Gary. It was awesome!
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Currently: 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Currently: Panama
    Last Online

05.30.17 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

I've had XM for 4 years now and I am NOT tired of it at all. I bought the original Sony plug-and-play unit (anyone remember that??) and upgraded it about 2 years ago to the Delphi Skyfi I unit. My wife and I take it in the car when we go on long trips and never get tired of it. If we get tired of flipping the stations around we usually end up on the XM Comedy channel. Awesome stuff and completely un-bleeped!! One of the stronger points when it comes to XM vs. Sirius is this: XM will have EVERY Major League Baseball game starting this season and Sirius will have Stern and every NFL game. I'll tell you this....I would MUCH rather listen to baseball than Stern. And when it comes to football on the radio....I have to be in a PINCH to need to have that service!! I am a Rams fan that lives in Reno...so I got the Sunday Ticket. And the price difference is great: $9.99 for XM and $12.99 for Sirius. And what they have failed to tell you with Sirius is that they will be adding around $3.00 a month to get Stern as a premium service. You pay NO extra for every Major League Baseball game.
    Thunder Mountain Brewing Company
    Owner and Brewmaster

Bottled: 2010 Imperial Bastard Stout (9.5% ABV)
    Bottled: 2011 Thunder Mountain Pale Ale (5.5% ABV)
    Fermenting: 2011 Thunder Mountain Irrish Ale (4.9% ABV)

"I'm just a normal jerk who happens to make music. As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool." -Eddie Van Halen, 1996

Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by evans5150
    I've had XM for 4 years now and I am NOT tired of it at all. I bought the original Sony plug-and-play unit (anyone remember that??) and upgraded it about 2 years ago to the Delphi Skyfi I unit. My wife and I take it in the car when we go on long trips and never get tired of it. If we get tired of flipping the stations around we usually end up on the XM Comedy channel. Awesome stuff and completely un-bleeped!! One of the stronger points when it comes to XM vs. Sirius is this: XM will have EVERY Major League Baseball game starting this season and Sirius will have Stern and every NFL game. I'll tell you this....I would MUCH rather listen to baseball than Stern. And when it comes to football on the radio....I have to be in a PINCH to need to have that service!! I am a Rams fan that lives in Reno...so I got the Sunday Ticket. And the price difference is great: $9.99 for XM and $12.99 for Sirius. And what they have failed to tell you with Sirius is that they will be adding around $3.00 a month to get Stern as a premium service. You pay NO extra for every Major League Baseball game.
    Stern had stated that he didn't want to charge a premium for his show. Is this $3 on top of the $12.95 for all sirius subscibers or is it an optional $3 to get Stern?
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

After a few days, I'm VERY happy with Sirius. I've heard songs I haven't heard in years. Comedy channels are great (uncensored) and I can even listen to court cases on the CourtTV station. And I wanted NFL instead of MLB. I can barely watch baseball let alone listen to it.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Last Online

01.13.07 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My grandparents got my uncle Sirius for Xmas. when I was trying to set it up, I was looking through the stations and it looked like they had alot of rock stations! I want that for my birthday now!
    So you broke down, trying to leave town, I broke down crying on your return. You left me feeling hopeful, I'll never see your face again. You made for a bad lover's liver. You stole all the covers and busted my head. You made me such an asshole, I wish we'd never met. I'm tired of being bored. I'm through with the headaches. Hiding my hands that tremble like earthquakes. Under the table, under the daytime sky, Good Fucking Bye- Good Fucking Bye, Alkaline Trio

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 02:08 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by evans5150
    Okay a couple of things comparing XM to sirius (I know this is getting off topic)...

Music Stations:
    While Sirius may have more rock stations the last time I check it out, the overall depth of the stations is better on XM. Sirius plays more like FM radio without commercials. I think I would rather listen to deeper cuts. The proof is just look at those chestnuts of songs played yesterday of VH turns... Edge XM...

Talk:
    Sirius has more variety for talk, but I listen to the radio more for music than talk. XM's talk stations are poor at best. Edge Sirius...

"Shock" jocks:
    Right now Stern isn't at Sirius, and you can have opie and anthony at XM... Stern is washed up, and doesn't do a show anymore, he just complains all the time. If you listen to a "commercial free" cut fo the show, it comes out from 4 hours down to an hour and a half of bitching and moaning about FCC, Michael Powell, George Bush, and how he doesn't care about OnA going to Sat Radio first. For OnA it is 12.98 and for Sirius without Stern until next January is $13. Edge XM...

Sports:
    Sirius has NFL (which is about done), NBA, and College Sports... They have the NHL but hockey is dead. XM has College Sports too, and Baseball (Every game of the season). When I think of Football you watch it. It is a visual game when being a spectator... Whereas Baseball is a game that was pioneered on the radio... Edge XM....

XM has better looking devices, and better sound. They are also launching a 3rd sat into space shortly. I choose XM