Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Default The 2005 Super Bowl Thread...

Let the trash talking begin!!!

Pls declare your allegiance to either the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES or the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS...

and then commence dishing the trash or the virtues of your selection...also, post a score and a star, and the play of the game!!

ok, let it begin....

I pick:
    THe EAGLES, they will win 37-24, the star of the game will be Donovan McNabb, shared with the entire defense..and the offensive line will be the reason we win...and the play that is the play of the game will be an interception by Dawkins in the 4th qtr and run back for 6!!

"Fly Eagles Fly,.."
    Last edited by perticelli; 01.24.05 at 08:01 AM.
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

I'm not predicting any scores as of yet, but I think the Eagles have a great shot at winning the whole damn thing.

As for trash talking, I'll oblige anyone that wants.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

The Vikings are going to kick your asses! Culpepper is going to throw for 400+ yards, Moss will break records and they will be co MVP's! :sigh: Sorry guys, just a little wishful thinking.

go eagles.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

VIKING, I CAN COMMISERATE WITH YOU.
    when i was real young, i was also a huge Fran tarkenton fan..and i watched him lose a couple of super bowls...very dissappointing...

thx for the support though!!!

there are no real Pats fans anyway...they aren't loyal, rabid dogs like we are ...they wont even talk some trash....they let the team do the talking...

i guess that's pretty smart..but i guess when you go to the big game as often as they do, and win, you have that luxury..

Me? ive got 24 yrs pent up inside, and who knows how long til the next one..

im talking,dishing,giving,taking,rebutting,denying, exclaiming and just letting it all hang out ..so bri9ng it on, or this thread is gonna be full of my own rants!!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 1,342 Times in 920 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by perticelli
    there are no real Pats fans anyway...they aren't loyal, rabid dogs like we are ...they wont even talk some trash....they let the team do the talking...

i guess that's pretty smart..but i guess when you go to the big game as often as they do, and win, you have that luxury..
    I may have divided loyalties, but I still think I can call myself a "real" Patriots fan - only been following 'em since 1974. Team finally makes the playoffs in '76 after years of futility only to have the game against the Raiders possibly decided by a bogus roughing the passer call on Ray Hamilton. I remember Darryl Stingley laid out on the turf in preseason after a hit by Jack Tatum, also of the Raiders. I remember like 14 straight losses in the Orange Bowl - hell, maybe it was more - to the Miami Dolphins, many knocking us out of the playoffs, or at least keeping us from home field advantage. I watched people around me switch from Steelers to Cowboys to 49ers gear. When we finally made the Super Bowl at the end of the 1985 season, we were thoroughly demolished 46-10 by the Chicago Bears, still in my mind the greatest single season team of my lifetime. Got back 11 years later and lost to the Green Bay Packers this time by "only" 14 points. All this while of course suffering the fates of a Red Sox team that seemed destined to lose forever. So yeah, the Patriots have won two of the last three Super Bowls and are about to appear in another - after all those years though, I don't consider it a luxury.

As for trash talk - I don't believe in running my mouth - especially over something I have no control in. Besides, the Eagles are a long time member of the NFL and it's a shame it's taken 'em so long to make only their second Super Bowl appearance, so if they happen to win it - good for them. All I ask out of the Patriots is that they are competitive in the game and play their best.

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by billy007
    I may have divided loyalties, but I still think I can call myself a "real" Patriots fan - only been following 'em since 1974. Team finally makes the playoffs in '76 after years of futility only to have the game against the Raiders possibly decided by a bogus roughing the passer call on Ray Hamilton. I remember Darryl Stingley laid out on the turf in preseason after a hit by Jack Tatum, also of the Raiders. I remember like 14 straight losses in the Orange Bowl - hell, maybe it was more - to the Miami Dolphins, many knocking us out of the playoffs, or at least keeping us from home field advantage. I watched people around me switch from Steelers to Cowboys to 49ers gear. When we finally made the Super Bowl at the end of the 1985 season, we were thoroughly demolished 46-10 by the Chicago Bears, still in my mind the greatest single season team of my lifetime. Got back 11 years later and lost to the Green Bay Packers this time by "only" 14 points. All this while of course suffering the fates of a Red Sox team that seemed destined to lose forever. So yeah, the Patriots have won two of the last three Super Bowls and are about to appear in another - after all those years though, I don't consider it a luxury.

As for trash talk - I don't believe in running my mouth - especially over something I have no control in. Besides, the Eagles are a long time member of the NFL and it's a shame it's taken 'em so long to make only their second Super Bowl appearance, so if they happen to win it - good for them. All I ask out of the Patriots is that they are competitive in the game and play their best.
    Shouldn't this be in the NFL thread?

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Patriots won't be beaten. Brady will have another MVP trophy after this game. They are simply the best team.

Patriots 24
    Eagles 17
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

They aren't the best team yet.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

""shouldn't this be in the NFL thread?""

BTW, Billy, that was a proud post ..and your valiant attempt at diffusing the emotion by saying it would good if we win...was nice...but....

Im still talking trash!!
    which, quite honestly, is completely against my nature...but i just cant help myself..it may never come again!!!

E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

All things considered, and given how big a baseball town Boston is, I think the Pats fans are pretty good. Not on the Eagles level as far as passion goes, and just overall nuts about football, but the Pats fans are up there. I think the Eagles are by far the most passionate fans in the NFL. Bears, Giants and Browns fans are all up there too. Oh, and the Raiders fans are pretty rowdy too.
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 529 Times in 317 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece
    They aren't the best team yet.
    Until they get beat, yes they are. That's the props that being the defending champs gets you.

If Philly wins, good for them. I can think of less deserving teams.

That said, I don't think so

The Pats just put the big smack down on Indy and the Steelers, dominated them. I don't see Philly getting over on this team. I mean, other than the Steeler's ONE drive in the third quarter to get it back to 14 that the Pats answered on their next drive, those two games weren't even interesting...

But, as always, with the caveat of any given Sunday...

If the Pats get injured like they did in the second half last year, who knows.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by IED
    Until they get beat, yes they are. That's the props that being the defending champs gets you.

The Pats just put the big smack down on Indy and the Steelers, dominated them. I don't see Philly getting over on this team. I mean, other than the Steeler's ONE drive in the third quarter to get it back to 14 that the Pats answered on their next drive, those two games weren't even interesting...

hey, should we bother showing up? i can still catch the guys before they head down..i dont want 'em to waste their or your time....

I realize it took the iggles 4 times to get in, but that says something about them in the NFL.
    And pls, do yourself a favor, dont discount our D or Donovan....

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 529 Times in 317 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece
    All things considered, and given how big a baseball town Boston is, I think the Pats fans are pretty good. Not on the Eagles level as far as passion goes, and just overall nuts about football, but the Pats fans are up there. I think the Eagles are by far the most passionate fans in the NFL. Bears, Giants and Browns fans are all up there too. Oh, and the Raiders fans are pretty rowdy too.
    Pats fans are nuts. You'd have to go to a game. Tremendous home field advantage here. In fact, until the team got really good, 4pm games were frowned upon because of the viciousness of the crowd after drinking all day. Don't confuse the class of the organization and the laid back nature of Belichick with the fans, LOL. Now, as rabid as Philly? Probably not. You'd have to go to Fenway to find fans that nuts...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by IED

Well it's about time you brought your ass in here. It's me and you until next weekend big boy. Bring it!

As far as them being the best until they get beat. That's the attitude they don't have. If you bring that up till Belichick, he'd throw that crap right back in your face. So, they don't want to be thought of that way, then I won't. This a new season, and they're not the best until they beat us in the Super Bowl. Which I think we have a good shot at winning by the way. I don't want to hear what they did to the Pats and the Colts. This is a one game situation and anybody has a chance to win. The Panthers nearly beat you guys last year, so that right there tells me that the Philadelphia Eagles have a shot at becoming world champions.
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Ever been to the Vet, particularly on a sunday 4:00 game?
    the word "Dangerous" comes to mind...