Favorite VH Album

All Classic DLR Era
    Favorite VH Song

All Classic DLR Era
    Last Online

09.12.17 @ 08:35 AM
    Liked 31 Times in 16 Posts

Default Is it possible...

...that Dave is back with VH for one last shot? I mean, they did release "The Best of Both Worlds." Read into that what you will. I also heard on Sirius radio the other day that Sammy is out of VH again. I've been hearing a ton of Dave era on the local radio stations again....

Just food for thought....
    I can't remember which comedian said it, about the current state of Van Halen, but he said right now, Van Halen is like a really hot playboy playmate with a prosthetic leg.

BRING BACK THE CLASSIC LINEUP!

I can't even have an opinion on ANYTHING anymore unless it's exactly what everyone else thinks...oh and if I do it means I HATE this album, and hope it fails. Man some of you can fuck off...seriously. - BRETT

"You make music for people. Otherwise, just play in your closet. And how do you reach the most people? By giving them the band that they know. To do it any other way would be selfish.” - EVH, June 19, 2015 Billboard Magazine

"That's a load of crap. The fans know Michael Anthony." - Me, regarding the above quote from EVH, June 19, 2015

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BottomsUp72
    ...that Dave is back with VH for one last shot? I mean, they did release "The Best of Both Worlds." Read into that what you will. I also heard on Sirius radio the other day that Sammy is out of VH again. I've been hearing a ton of Dave era on the local radio stations again....

I for one, don't want VH to come to an end. However, with all the bad shit that has gone on since 1995-1996 and EVH's "mental" condition, there are times that I do feel that maybe the best way to put an exclamation on "Van Halen" would be to follow up the "Best Of Both Worlds" tour with a final tour with DLR.

Have it all come full circle and call it a day (and blaze on in a new direction).
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I'd be shocked and amazed if Dave came back. I just don't think it would happen. I'd be first in line for tickets if it did, tho!

In general, I think more Dave-Era VH is played on the radio anyway. I don't think it's a sign of anything to come. During the six-year "hiatus," 99.99% of the time when WRIF (Detroit) said VH was coming up, it would be a Dave-era tune.

I love Sammy. I don't want him to leave the band. But I will say it: Dave-Era VH has more staying power than what we've gotten so far from Sammy-era, other than Humans Being and a couple others.

Shari
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

The promos for the VH 2004 tour were filled with all DLR-era music except for "Right Now".
    What's to be read into that?

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.24.13 @ 12:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This band can't seem to surprise me anymore, but a reunion with DLR? That would.

I can't for the life of me imagine DLR and EVH sharing a stage anymore. Well, maybe a stage for two hours, but then they'd have to interact off-stage at some point. What's that conversation going to be like?

Of course, they could do the separate limos, separate dressing rooms, separate planes, separate hotels, separate every little thing the whole way just to keep it together for 8 months or so.

That sounds like fun to me.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody get me a Doctor!
    Last Online

05.06.13 @ 02:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vh_chick
    During the six-year "hiatus," 99.99% of the time when WRIF (Detroit) said VH was coming up, it would be a Dave-era tune.

Shari
    Shari, WRIF rocks! I listen to this station over the web. I was put onto this station by a VH fan from Detroit (TopJimmy78, thanks a bunch mate). They play lots of Van Halen, but as you stated, mostly Dave.

Myself, I believe the band have to decide if they have the energy or desire to prove themselves over again. We know their legacy is intact for the history of music, Eddie don't need to shred ever again and the singer war just grows tiring and never ending it seems. VHIII was a bold step and maybe even a plea to change direction, but I feel that the all mighty $$$ has something to do with it as well. If money is their goal, then a Dave return would yeild mega bucks, but what would the damage be to those behind the scenes. Christ, if Ed was drinking big time this last tour just imagine what would happen with Dave around. What ever happens, make a classy end to the band, no regrets and leave the fans to spin their CD's. My thoughts.
    The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Casting Shade
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 05:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sure it's possible. But it's also extremely doubtful. I think bringing Dave back would just tarnish classic VH because Dave is nothing compared to what he once was.
    "Rehab is for Quitters"

"It is not possible to have life after death since death is the end of life." -OV

"What doesn’t kill you, will only make you pissed off!"
    -Alexi Laiho

"If I know I'm going crazy...I must not be insane." -Dave Mustaine

"Simpson, QUICK! Honk at that broad." -Mayor Quimby

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.20.07 @ 05:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BottomsUp72

Nope. I don't think so anyway.

BOBW was more or less a promotion for the tour.

Sammy is out of Van Halen, at least for now, he's doing his thing with the Wabo's for a while.

Dave era has always gotten more spin on radio than Hagar era.

I for one,would pay out the ass for reunion tickets. As any of us here would. But deep down I wouldn't want them to do one. Between KISS and The Eagles, I think the reunion tour thing has become a joke. Leave the legendary Roth-era legacy in tact. Anything else would cheapen it somehow.

Favorite VH Album

First 6
    Favorite VH Song

A lot of 'em
    Last Online

05.06.13 @ 06:21 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfiddl
    The promos for the VH 2004 tour were filled with all DLR-era music except for "Right Now".
    What's to be read into that?
    that classic vh is the true legacy of the band...
    did i log in for this?.....Yes I did!!!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 05:24 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

Roth's a great entertainer, but a very dubious singer live these days.

I don't think Eddie in his drunkest moment would sign up to tour with Roth again.

Sure a VH tour with Roth would sell lots of tickets, but ultimately tarnish the band’s legacy in the long run... Kind of how like everybody bought tickets to see the movie Hulk because of the hype surrounding it before it was released, but they won't make a sequel because the reviews were terrible, (despite the ticket sales.)

I have nothing against DLR. I'd still go see them, I'm just aware that he doesn't sound great these days. Reviewers would soon learn the same.
    "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits