Favorite VH Album

Women And Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.30.06 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Turns out I can't drive 55 - My first speeding ticket

60 in a 50 zone, and there was a car a few feet infront of me I was "keeping up with" [They tell you to go with the flow of traffic in driving school around here]. 40 bucks gone!

This ranks a pathetic on the scale of tickets, but still had me crapping my pants when the insurance info i handed him were for a car that we had over 7 years ago! Anyone else have any stories?

Casting Shade
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 05:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got pulled over once when I was really ripped, but that was no big deal. Here is a good story. A cop started following me in my neighborhood that had been hiding in there a lot and I slowed down to 5mph in a 25mph area. He followed me for about 1/2 a mile, and then there's a curve in the road where the speed limit goes down to 15mph, and I hit the brakes even though I was only going 5mph. He then turned on the lights and pulled me over. He asked me why I was going so slow and I said it was because he was following me and that he was out to get me. But he let me go only to pull me over a couple days later for speeding and he gave me a ticket, but it was $105. $40 for a ticket is pretty sweet, I got a $50 ticket for not wearing my damn seatbelt.
    "Rehab is for Quitters"

"It is not possible to have life after death since death is the end of life." -OV

"What doesn’t kill you, will only make you pissed off!"
    -Alexi Laiho

"If I know I'm going crazy...I must not be insane." -Dave Mustaine

"Simpson, QUICK! Honk at that broad." -Mayor Quimby

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

My first speeding ticket was the summer before I left for college. I was driving back from San Antonio on I-10 and at that time the speed limit was 65. I was pulled over by the sheriff's dept. after picking up some speed down a hill. I was clocked doing 74 (BFD, right?). Anyway...like I said I was about to leave for college and was proudly displaying my Texas A&M University bumper sticker. The asshole gave me a ticket and as he handed it to me, he said, "If you'd had a University of Texas bumper sticker on your car I would've let you go on a warning." JERK!!!
    Meet me in Cabo!

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

I was driving over the road for Schneider at the time. They are the big day glo orange trucks that could pass for a DOT semi in most states.

Anyway, I was coming home for the weekend, bobtailing (sans trailer) and I got pulled over on the way in to a small town. The cop said he clocked me doing 72 in a 55. I told him that it was utterly impossible for me to have been going 72.

He did the typical, "radar's don't lie" routine.

Most people would have said, well, lemme see the radar. But I knew I didn't have to. When he asked for my ID so he could run my info and write a ticket, I refused. He told me that he could arrest me for refusing to ID myself.

So I asked him again; "how fast was I going?"

"You were going 72 in a 55." he said

"You see officer," I responded with a sly gring and chuckle. "That's, again, completely impossible; as a matter of fact, I'd say you're liar and can prove it, without looking at your radar."

As I started to hand him my log book and CDL, with a cocky, 'gotcha now' look in his eye, he said; "you're calling me a liar?"

"Yessir, I am." There is no way your radar, clocked me doing 72 miles an hour, bobtailing in a Schneider National company truck." I said confidently.

"Considering that all company trucks for Schneider solo drivers are governed at 65 mph on the foot and 62.5 on the cruise; and I had my cruise control activated.

"Either your radar hasn't released the last speeder you caught doing 72 mph; or you haven't done the daily pitchfork tuning, that is required under Iowa statutes for that specific radar gun."

As I handed him my certification card, for use of the same radar gun that I use as a reserve deputy, his cocky look was replaced by a pale white frown and; "Well the speed limit is 55, so slow down next time." As he handed back my log book, CDL and certification card.

Sometimes it is great to be smarter than the average bear.
    Last edited by RRMB; 01.22.05 at 07:57 PM.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

$40? you're lucky. all my speeding tickets were over $100 each.

about ten years ago, i got two tickets in ten days, and my third nine months later. they were all in different counties so i could waive each one, didn't go to court once. i remember the last one was 72 in a 55, the other two weren't quite that high.

Last Online

12.26.11 @ 07:47 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Back in high school, on the last day of school I received five tickets in one stop. I had just traded my first car, the beautiful '70 Toyota Corona Deluxe, for a '77 Silver Trans Am. Anyway, like I said It was the last day of school, my Junior year I believe and jumped into my car and popped in my cassette of Alice Cooper's "Schools Out". About halfway home, 'bout three miles from the school I look up in the review mirror to see 'ol smokey with his lights on. So when he gets up to the side of the car, I asked him how fast I was going, and he replied, "60 in a 35." and very sternly added, "and that's the least of your problems son." He took my license, and disappeared to his cruiser for what seemed hours. When he finally returned, He said, "I've written you five citations. I was back at the school when you pulled out. First here is one for excessive show of speed/power, for when you initially pulled out and left 50 feet of tire tread on the pavement. Second one's for failing to yield to the ped. in the cross walk. Third for the stop sign you blew through, and the fourth is for the speeding." Then he handed me my license back with the fifth one, and said, "and, this last one I wrote for reckless driving, have a nice day." Needless to say there was some pretty hefty fines associated with these tickets that I didn't have the money for them. I decided I would impliment my master plan of doing nothing, and if it ever came up, I would say I sent in a money order, and it must of got lost in the mail. Well, my after school/summer job at the time, was working for the city, putting up street signs and painting crosswalks, and that sort of thing, which was out of cityhall. Of course the police dept. headquarters was also in the same building, and I knew many of the officers, and they knew me. The day after I was to appear in court to plead my case or final chance to pay the huge fines, an arrest warrant was issued for failure to appear, and I was taken into custody when I arrived for work first thing in the morning. I spent the night in a cell, and saw the judge in his chambers first thing in the morning. After telling me that my "it's lost in the mail" story wasn't going to work, and determining I had no way of paying the fines, he sentenced me to washing the police cruisers every Sat, and Sun. for the rest of the summer.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaleT
    After telling me that my "it's lost in the mail" story wasn't going to work, and determining I had no way of paying the fines, he sentenced me to washing the police cruisers every Sat, and Sun. for the rest of the summer.
    Shit Dale, when I was a kid I had to wash my dad's squad car and then re-organize the stuff he had in his back seat. Illinois State Troopers had all of their paperwork, tickets, accident reports, etc. in crates across the back seat, except for a spot saved for transporting an arrestee.

The first ticket I got was from a friend of his; you'd think the old man would "bail me out" of that right? BUZZZZ WRONG!!!

Bastard made me face up to it...and then not only wash and organize his squad car...WAX damn thing too. Try waxing a white car in the middle of summer...AND NOT MISS A SPOT.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

I have never had a speeding ticket. I've been pulled over 5 times in my life and have always gotten a warning. I got pulled over for doing 43 in a 30 twice in the space of about 2 weeks and got out of tickets on both of them. The others were 64 in a 55, 74 in a 65, and 78 in a 65. The 64 in a 55 was the first time I ever got pulled over for speeding and I got lucky because I was driving to the store to pick up "Balance" and the officer asked me why I was driving so fast, and I told him that I was going to the store to pick up the new Van Halen CD. I guess he liked Van Halen, because he didn't even write out a warning.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:03 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

A few years ago I was pulled over doing 52 in a 30 by a cop near Easton, MD. He let me go with a warning because he didn't feel like I should have to drive all the way to Easton (~45 minutes from my house) to go to traffic court. I didn't have the heart to tell him I drove to Easton every day for work.

Just last nite I was driving home from a hockey game on a back road doing about 47 in a 40 and a car came right up on my ass. Noticed the head lights looked like a cop car and I slowed down to 40. After we got onto the main highway he blew by me and sure enough it was a MD State Trooper. Last thing I need is a speeding ticket.
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:24 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Knock on wood, I have never gotten a speeding ticket. Of course, I just jinxed myself!
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

~Gilmour~On An Island~
    Favorite VH Song

The Blue->Take A Breath
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber
    $40? you're lucky. all my speeding tickets were over $100 each.
    A speeding ticket becomes a choice between paying for the ticket
    or a day in traffic school.
    Either costs more than a hundy.

Pay the ticket and your insurance Co is bound to find out.
    Attend traffic school and you not only pay the hundy but you lose a beautiful day on a weekend.

The last time I had to attend class was the same day the space shuttle disintegrated in reentry.
    I'm a total news junkie but here I was stuck in this church classroom—total bummer.

But they funny thing is that the teacher had set up in a milk crate,
    on top of a chair and right at the entry to class,
    with a sign that said, "take one."
    It was the booklet for the class.
    The teacher then asked at the beginning of class who had booklets.
    More than 2/3s of the class had ignored the sign
    and had to, embarrassingly, walk back to the crate to get one.

The teachers point was, how too many of us drivers simply ignore the signs when driving.

We had to actually walk around this chair in order to enter the classroom.
    Glad I took one upon walking in.

Funny but also pretty scary if ya think about it
    Last edited by Cabot; 01.24.05 at 06:56 AM.
    CABOT
    U.S. PRIME
    GRADE A STAMPED
    GUARANTEED

It was kind of funny when I first heard about it being a Van Halen “reunion”
    —Michael Anthony.

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

$40 for a speeding ticket???? That is a BARGAIN! I got a ticket a couple months ago for speeding. He wrote me up for 5 over, and the charge was $105!!! SHEESH! If he had written me up for my actual speed (15 over) I would have had to take out a second mortgage.

Shari
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buschman
    A few years ago I was pulled over doing 52 in a 30 by a cop near Easton, MD. He let me go with a warning because he didn't feel like I should have to drive all the way to Easton (~45 minutes from my house) to go to traffic court. I didn't have the heart to tell him I drove to Easton every day for work.

Just last nite I was driving home from a hockey game on a back road doing about 47 in a 40 and a car came right up on my ass. Noticed the head lights looked like a cop car and I slowed down to 40. After we got onto the main highway he blew by me and sure enough it was a MD State Trooper. Last thing I need is a speeding ticket.
    I hate when they do that! They get right up on your ass, stay there for what seems like an eternity, and then turn their lights on and blaze by you. I should charge them for having to clean the skid marks out of my shorts when they do that.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)