Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

04.23.17 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Pearl Jam Thread

Got the new Double CD of Pearl Jam's Greatest Hits "Rearviewmirror" and it's a pretty good spin. I like the remix they did of Black, Alive and Go.

Was surprised that Crazy Mary didn't make the cut, I always loved that song....

Anybody else pick this one up??

~R~

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I don't have the new greatest hits CD but I own most of their albums. Everyone says Ten is their favorite, but mine is Vs. It's got a diverse selection of songs and has my favorite PJ song "Rearviewmirror." I like pretty much all of their albums, but Binaural was a real snoozer.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:14 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Default Pearl Jam, Plant Get The Led Out In Chicago

from www.billboard.com:

Pearl Jam, Plant Get The Led Out In Chicago

By Derek Peel, Chicago

A thousand dollars is a lot for a concert ticket, but Pearl Jam and special guest Robert Plant justified the price last night (Oct. 6) during an intimate benefit for Hurricane Katrina victims at Chicago's House of Blues. Proceeds will be donated to the American Red Cross as well as Habitat for Humanity and the Jazz Foundation of America -- none of whom, joked Pearl Jam singer Eddie Vedder, are subsidiaries of Halliburton.

Plant doesn't typically play venues this cozy, nor does he usually serve as an opening act, but he modestly submitted to both changes of pace for a strong 45-minute set composed mostly of songs from his new "Mighty Rearranger" album, plus Led Zeppelin classics such as "Black Dog" and "Four Sticks."

Pearl Jam's two-hour set felt more like a love-in than a concert, with the vast majority of the crowd made up of rabid fans with deep pockets. "It's good to know people still know how to have fun with their money," quipped Vedder.

With only a passing mention of the event's purpose, Pearl Jam stuck mainly to a career ranging set ("Even Flow," "Better Man," "Corduroy," "Black," "Alive"), each song of which had the audience singing along in unison.

As the last date on its current tour, the band looked a little beat. But the fun was ratcheted up during the second encore, as "Given to Fly" segued into its melodic inspiration, Led Zeppelin's "Going to California," which Plant and two members of his band the Strange Sensation performed beautifully.

Plant then stayed on stage for a run through his past, with Pearl Jam as both accomplice and awed spectator. He and Vedder traded verses on Elvis Presley's "Little Sister" and the apt "Money (That's What I Want)" before offering a unique duet: Zeppelin's "Fool in the Rain," with Vedder and Plant sharing a lyric sheet since, shockingly, the latter had never played in concert.

Following a gorgeous take on "Thank You," with Plant's voice in fine form, he and Pearl Jam returned for Neil Young's "Rockin' in the Free World," featuring a rare instance of Plant foregoing his frontman status by strapping on a guitar and playing along at Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready's side.

Pearl Jam will spend the next month fine-tuning its next studio album, due early next year via J Records, before beginning a South American tour Nov. 22 in Santiago, Chile. Plant resumes his North American outing tonight in Grand Prairie, Texas.

"...during an intimate benefit for Hurricane Katrina victims at Chicago's House of Blues. Proceeds will be donated to the American Red Cross as well as Habitat for Humanity and the Jazz Foundation of America -- none of whom, joked Pearl Jam singer Eddie Vedder, are subsidiaries of Halliburton..."

Y'know, can't we just go out and say "We're doing something good for people, we're helping, we're trying to make a difference" and leave the politicking and sniping and negativity on the shelf for just one night? Ya hate the current administration - we get that already. Hatred isn't going to rebuild these peoples' lives, though...

Last Online

11.26.17 @ 10:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

You make a good point Billy. I love Pearl Jam, but there constant political statments are beginning to wear a bit thin. They are a rock band first and foremost, and they should remember that.
    "In our house, a song was considered shit if it didn't have a big guitar solo on it"- Slash

Hang 'Em High Blind Lemon Loons's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind Of Truth!!
    Favorite VH Song

Stay Frosty Whooooo! Look Out!
    Last Online

12.03.17 @ 07:20 AM
    Liked 154 Times in 114 Posts

Donor

well...well...well...

Quote Originally Posted by billy007
    from www.billboard.com:

Pearl Jam, Plant Get The Led Out In Chicago
    By Derek Peel, Chicago
    A thousand dollars is a lot for a concert ticket, but Pearl Jam and special guest Robert Plant justified the price last night (Oct. 6) during an intimate benefit for Hurricane Katrina victims at Chicago's House of Blues. Proceeds will be donated to the American Red Cross as well as Habitat for Humanity and the Jazz Foundation of America -- none of whom, joked Pearl Jam singer Eddie Vedder, are subsidiaries of Halliburton.

Plant doesn't typically play venues this cozy, nor does he usually serve as an opening act, but he modestly submitted to both changes of pace for a strong 45-minute set composed mostly of songs from his new "Mighty Rearranger" album, plus Led Zeppelin classics such as "Black Dog" and "Four Sticks."

Pearl Jam's two-hour set felt more like a love-in than a concert, with the vast majority of the crowd made up of rabid fans with deep pockets. "It's good to know people still know how to have fun with their money," quipped Vedder.

With only a passing mention of the event's purpose, Pearl Jam stuck mainly to a career ranging set ("Even Flow," "Better Man," "Corduroy," "Black," "Alive"), each song of which had the audience singing along in unison.

As the last date on its current tour, the band looked a little beat. But the fun was ratcheted up during the second encore, as "Given to Fly" segued into its melodic inspiration, Led Zeppelin's "Going to California," which Plant and two members of his band the Strange Sensation performed beautifully.

Plant then stayed on stage for a run through his past, with Pearl Jam as both accomplice and awed spectator. He and Vedder traded verses on Elvis Presley's "Little Sister" and the apt "Money (That's What I Want)" before offering a unique duet: Zeppelin's "Fool in the Rain," with Vedder and Plant sharing a lyric sheet since, shockingly, the latter had never played in concert.

Following a gorgeous take on "Thank You," with Plant's voice in fine form, he and Pearl Jam returned for Neil Young's "Rockin' in the Free World," featuring a rare instance of Plant foregoing his frontman status by strapping on a guitar and playing along at Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready's side.

Pearl Jam will spend the next month fine-tuning its next studio album, due early next year via J Records, before beginning a South American tour Nov. 22 in Santiago, Chile. Plant resumes his North American outing tonight in Grand Prairie, Texas.

"...during an intimate benefit for Hurricane Katrina victims at Chicago's House of Blues. Proceeds will be donated to the American Red Cross as well as Habitat for Humanity and the Jazz Foundation of America -- none of whom, joked Pearl Jam singer Eddie Vedder, are subsidiaries of Halliburton..."
    Wow, what a show and what a setlist!! Sho', Eddie's politicking can get annoying...but I forgive or ignore him...hopefully a recording of thiz will surface nah...a Given To Fly/Goin' To California jam...A Fool In The Rain...La'wd have mercy...
    ASHES TO ASHES...DUST TO DUST...IF THE WOMEN DON'T GET YA, THE WHISKEY MUST!!...

"I used to play the blues alone in all the local joints," he explained. 'The only thing that I can really play on guitar to this day is the blues. I heard Doc Watson and his son playing 15 years ago, and from there I got into Leadbelly and John Lee Hooker."--DLR

If you pay attention -- what I sing, the guitar sings, too, and what the guitar says, I say.--Mississippi Fred McDowell

Favorite VH Album

1984/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

5150/Crossing Over
    Last Online

02.06.17 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default New PJ

Pearl Jam Go "World Wide" In March

February 21, 2006

Pearl Jam

The lead single from Pearl Jam's still-untitled new studio album will be titled "World Wide Suicide," FMQB can officially reveal. The highly anticipated new track will impact at radio on March 14. Those who have heard the song have said it is on the rocking end of the Pearl Jam musical spectrum. The new record itself will arrive in stores on May 2 via their new label home, J Records. J Records also released the band's acoustic live album, Live At Benaroya Hall, in 2004.

Last fall, Eddie Vedder told a Brazilian radio station that the band's new material was "easily the best stuff we've done but also some of the hardest stuff. It's very aggressive, because again, it's kind of a product of what it's like to be an American these days. It's pretty aggressive, especially when you turn it loud."

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

That's pretty cool.

I FINALLY picked up the double cd greatest hits package. Pretty bad ass stuff on there. I used to seriously be into these guys back in the early 90's when Ten came out. Haven't really been into much of their stuff since.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Panama / Humans Being
    Last Online

11.28.16 @ 03:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamIsOver
    Pearl Jam Go "World Wide" In March

February 21, 2006

Pearl Jam

The lead single from Pearl Jam's still-untitled new studio album will be titled "World Wide Suicide," FMQB can officially reveal. The highly anticipated new track will impact at radio on March 14. Those who have heard the song have said it is on the rocking end of the Pearl Jam musical spectrum. The new record itself will arrive in stores on May 2 via their new label home, J Records. J Records also released the band's acoustic live album, Live At Benaroya Hall, in 2004.

Last fall, Eddie Vedder told a Brazilian radio station that the band's new material was "easily the best stuff we've done but also some of the hardest stuff. It's very aggressive, because again, it's kind of a product of what it's like to be an American these days. It's pretty aggressive, especially when you turn it loud."

Are Pearl Jam still together? With a few excpetions, they have pretty much sucked since 'Vitalogy". What happended to the the catchy riffs and the hooks? I hope its aggressive, but I have heard bands say that before. We'll see, I let you buy the new record and u can burn me a copy, I stopped buying there new releases after Yield.
    Ever Onward
    Time Waits For No One
    Its Never To Late To Mend

Last Online

07.09.15 @ 08:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Pearl Jam to release new album

Pearl Jam Releasing New Studio Album
    Mar 1, 7:11 PM EST

The Associated Press

SEATTLE -- Seattle rock band Pearl Jam announced Wednesday that it will release its eighth studio album and first since 2002 in early May.

The self-titled CD is also its first release on its new label, J Records.

The album's first single, "World Wide Suicide," will be made available to radio stations March 8, and the same day the song will be available as a free download from the band's Web site, http://www.pearljam.com.

Tour dates in support of "Pearl Jam" will be announced later this month, the band said in a news release.

Pearl Jam was formed in 1991 and rose to prominence during the Northwest's early 1990s grunge movement. The band has sold nearly 60 million albums worldwide.

Last Online

07.17.06 @ 11:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darby

The album's first single, "World Wide Suicide," will be made available to radio stations March 8, and the same day the song will be available as a free download from the band's Web site, http://www.pearljam.com.
    God I love this band. I really can't think of another major band that would do this. Everything this band has ever done is so that its fans wouldn't get screwed. Even the ticketmaster thing was so we wouldn't have to pay a jabillion dollars to see them in concert. It's just too bad it backfired. I'll buy this album in the store instead of iTunes (which i never do anymore) Just because I respect this band that much.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 854 Times in 399 Posts

Premium Member

Default Top Three

1. Van Halen
    2. Metallica
    3. Pearl Jam

My top three hasn't changed for a long time and I don't think it ever will. I'm so glad most people are off PJ's early '90's bandwagon. Fuck em all. I have bought and I dig every album they've put out. I promise you I'm not the only one cus every time I go see them, there's about 10,000 other people right there with me. Every few years you can can't on Pearl Jam to release an album with all new songs and tour the world. I wish to God that our band would be this consistent.
    ...AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, GOD CREATED VAN HALEN

VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Pearl Jam, the only decent band to survive that whole genre... I perceive them as being the Grateful Dead of the grunge generation...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

1984/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

5150/Crossing Over
    Last Online

02.06.17 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Darby

Well, the song leaked a little early so the free download is available now.
    The song is OK, not bad but certainly not a return to form. It sounds like it could have been on Yield. At least there's some passion in Vedder's voice on this song. I'd like to get excited for this new record but it's been a long time (10 years) since they've knocked me out (that would be the first half of No Code). Yield was OK but those last two albums didn't do anything for me.

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamIsOver
    Well, the song leaked a little early so the free download is available now.
    The song is OK, not bad but certainly not a return to form. It sounds like it could have been on Yield. At least there's some passion in Vedder's voice on this song. I'd like to get excited for this new record but it's been a long time (10 years) since they've knocked me out (that would be the first half of No Code). Yield was OK but those last two albums didn't do anything for me.
    I totally agree with everything you just said....

Sirius Sat radio started playing it yesterday in rotation. It's ok, but "Worldwide Suicide" didn't strike me as anything special.
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

They played a PJ song on TV last night - I think it was on The Sheild on FX.

Just a little tidbit of info.

Shari
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007