Favorite VH Album

ou812
    Favorite VH Song

cabo wabo
    Last Online

07.22.12 @ 11:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Matthias jabs underrated

I have always thought that Eddie and Matthias were the best hard rock guitarists of the 80's...sure you had shredder nerds like malmsteen and Vai but Ed and Matthias played with a more street level attiude, more ballsy,and for the song.They were somewhere in between Angus Young and say Vai or Satch.Eddie got the lions share of creddit and he deserves it (revolutionized rock guitar,great songwriter) but it seems Jabs gets hardly any mention at all..? I know jabs has rode the coat-tails of Eddie a little (he dosent rip Edds tapping off though) and he has only writen a handfull of songs... but he has came up with MANY FUCKING EPIC SOLOS! Where do i start? : The talkbox solo in THE ZOO(check out the live version on WWL),solos on BLACKOUT,NO ONE LIKE YOU,ARIZONA and if you have the BLACKOUT CD play the 5th track turn the balance to the right and listen to the solo on NOW! All the work on LOVE AT FIRST STING especially the Guitar work on THE SAME THRILL.Great melodic guitar work on Savage Amusement listen to the tastefull solo on EVERY MINUTE,EVERY DAY...the slide part at the end of that solo was done on the spot by Matthias using his wedding band as a slide ,it wasnt punched in latter,as told by their producer Dieter Dierks.And when he plays live hes right on.I have only seen him "off" one time at the Tacoma Dome in 91' but the acoustics of that place suck and the Scorps were pushed back buy Great Whites "problems".Matthias deserves WAY MORE CREDIT FOR HIS GUITAR WORK! Any thoughts on this?

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by cobias
    I have always thought that Eddie and Matthias were the best hard rock guitarists of the 80's...sure you had shredder nerds like malmsteen and Vai but Ed and Matthias played with a more street level attiude, more ballsy,and for the song.They were somewhere in between Angus Young and say Vai or Satch.Eddie got the lions share of creddit and he deserves it (revolutionized rock guitar,great songwriter) but it seems Jabs gets hardly any mention at all..? I know jabs has rode the coat-tails of Eddie a little (he dosent rip Edds tapping off though) and he has only writen a handfull of songs... but he has came up with MANY FUCKING EPIC SOLOS! Where do i start? : The talkbox solo in THE ZOO(check out the live version on WWL),solos on BLACKOUT,NO ONE LIKE YOU,ARIZONA and if you have the BLACKOUT CD play the 5th track turn the balance to the right and listen to the solo on NOW! All the work on LOVE AT FIRST STING especially the Guitar work on THE SAME THRILL.Great melodic guitar work on Savage Amusement listen to the tastefull solo on EVERY MINUTE,EVERY DAY...the slide part at the end of that solo was done on the spot by Matthias using his wedding band as a slide ,it wasnt punched in latter,as told by their producer Dieter Dierks.And when he plays live hes right on.I have only seen him "off" one time at the Tacoma Dome in 91' but the acoustics of that place suck and the Scorps were pushed back buy Great Whites "problems".Matthias deserves WAY MORE CREDIT FOR HIS GUITAR WORK! Any thoughts on this?

My thought is that you're a pretty big Scorpions fan. I like them, but I don't put as much stock into your opinion as you do. The Scorps were O K in my book, nothing revolutionary though. Just straight ahead Rock, IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

The one with the :
    Favorite VH Song

high fast stuff.
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Love him. Seen the Scorps many a time. Had front row seats in '88 for the Savage Amusement tour, and I still brought binoculars so I could see what the #$%! he was playing. I was 17 at the time, cut me some slack. Even got a pick from him.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

04.23.17 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Matthias rocks!