Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Good Enough MASHAGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.29.04
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,050
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Last Online

    11.11.11 @ 08:33 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default A Cut-off Conversation

    I have a question.

    Say you're in the middle of telling somebody a story or whatever and then a third person comes up to the person you're talking to and requests their attention. So OK you stop talking and the other two people say or do whatever they have to do.
    Then the third person leaves. Whose responsible for continuing the conversation that was in progress before it was interupted? The person who was actually talking or the person who was listening?

    This just happened to me here at work. Its a personal conversation about music, but the guy I was talking to had someone come up to him. So I stopped what I was saying so they could do what they had to do (which lasted all of 10 seconds), then after the other guy left the guy I was talking to doesn't turn back to me so that I can continue telling him what I was telling him.

    Honestly, this pisses me off when people do this. WHAT THE HELL!? I'm not going to be all "...so anyway, blah blah". Why should I have to?

    Maybe my worse fears are true in that I actually have nothing relevant to say and so therefore nobody listens to me. LOL

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk FH's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.12.02
    Age
    50
    Location
    Bass Ackwards, NC
    Posts
    12,432
    Last Online

    10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post


    Donor

    Quote Originally Posted by MASHAGAR
    I have a question.
    Wait a minute. Did you see the thread about that chick from Trading Spaces?
    Okay.. go ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by MASHAGAR
    Say you're in the middle of telling somebody a story or whatever and then a third person comes up to the person you're talking to and requests their attention. So OK you stop talking and the other two people say or do whatever they have to do.
    Hold on a sec. I forgot to post I had Chinese food in the "What's For Lunch Thread"! Sorry about that. What were you saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by MASHAGAR
    Then the third person leaves. Whose responsible for continuing the conversation that was in progress before it was interupted? The person who was actually talking or the person who was listening?
    Damn. I think I just sat on a tack.
    Quote Originally Posted by MASHAGAR
    This just happened to me here at work. Its a personal conversation about music, but the guy I was talking to had someone come up to him. So I stopped what I was saying so they could do what they had to do (which lasted all of 10 seconds), then after the other guy left the guy I was talking to doesn't turn back to me so that I can continue telling him what I was telling him.


    Honestly, this pisses me off when people do this. WHAT THE HELL!? I'm not going to be all "...so anyway, blah blah". Why should I have to?

    Maybe my worse fears are true in that I actually have nothing relevant to say and so therefore nobody listens to me. LOL
    I know what you mean, bro!

  3. #3
    Hang 'Em High perticelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.07.03
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,658
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

    unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

    11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    no doubt the dude didnt want to hear anymore....the best way to counter this is when someone comes and interrupts, you walk away as if youve got a life and something else to do...try and be convincing!
    Eddie is the greatest, period

    The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

    SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

  4. #4
    Eruption distortion9's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.07.01
    Age
    48
    Location
    L.I.N.Y.
    Posts
    976
    Favorite VH Album

    Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

    Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    01.29.12 @ 02:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post


    Donor

    Default

    Usually I throw a left, open hand jab at the third guys face then follow it with a half fist to the throat.

  5. #5
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    07.23.02
    Age
    41
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    5,445
    Favorite VH Album

    F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

    W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 05:52 AM
    Likes
    98
    Liked 433 Times in 167 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    If the third is a guy: punch the asshole in the balls
    If the third is a girl: fuck the shit out of her then bitch-slap the ho

    In all reality, IMO the second person should say something along the lines of: "I'm sorry we got interrupted, let's continue this conversation (blah, blah, blah)" but that's the way I was brought up...
    Rock the Red!!!

    "Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

    "Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

    Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

  6. #6
    Sinner's Swing! InTheBeginning's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.12.04
    Age
    51
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    3,182
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

    07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Likes
    27
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

    Default

    Uh wait, my phone just rang...
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

  7. #7
    Sinner's Swing! InTheBeginning's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.12.04
    Age
    51
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    3,182
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

    07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Likes
    27
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

    Default

    OK. We have this guy at work that will follow you around while he is talking. The shit he is saying is not important to anyone except him.

    If you are really into your conversation and the other person doesn't come back after the interruption, other than being really rude, they probably weren't that interested to start with.

    Don't sweat it, you now have another person to not worry about at the office.
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    FH......that was Fucking Hilarious!
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MASHAGAR
    I have a question.

    Say you're in the middle of telling somebody a story or whatever and then a third person comes up to the person you're talking to and requests their attention. So OK you stop talking and the other two people say or do whatever they have to do.
    Then the third person leaves. Whose responsible for continuing the conversation that was in progress before it was interupted? The person who was actually talking or the person who was listening?

    This just happened to me here at work. Its a personal conversation about music, but the guy I was talking to had someone come up to him. So I stopped what I was saying so they could do what they had to do (which lasted all of 10 seconds), then after the other guy left the guy I was talking to doesn't turn back to me so that I can continue telling him what I was telling him.

    Honestly, this pisses me off when people do this. WHAT THE HELL!? I'm not going to be all "...so anyway, blah blah". Why should I have to?

    Maybe my worse fears are true in that I actually have nothing relevant to say and so therefore nobody listens to me. LOL

    Sounds like an episode of Seinfeld.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  10. #10
    Good Enough MASHAGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.29.04
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,050
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Last Online

    11.11.11 @ 08:33 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LowLifeFlatHeadScum
    Sounds like an episode of Seinfeld.
    I know! I thought the exact same thing.
    I mean here I am sitting here wondering what the etiquette in this type of situation is. LOL

  11. #11
    Good Enough MASHAGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.29.04
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,050
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Last Online

    11.11.11 @ 08:33 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buschman
    If the third is a guy: punch the asshole in the balls
    If the third is a girl: fuck the shit out of her then bitch-slap the ho

    In all reality, IMO the second person should say something along the lines of: "I'm sorry we got interrupted, let's continue this conversation (blah, blah, blah)" but that's the way I was brought up...
    LMAO! I laughed out loud...
    Yeah, it was a dude.

  12. #12
    Good Enough MASHAGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.29.04
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,050
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Last Online

    11.11.11 @ 08:33 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InTheBeginning
    OK. We have this guy at work that will follow you around while he is talking. The shit he is saying is not important to anyone except him.

    If you are really into your conversation and the other person doesn't come back after the interruption, other than being really rude, they probably weren't that interested to start with.

    Don't sweat it, you now have another person to not worry about at the office.
    ok im not that obsessive, which is why I didn't want to be too eager to continue the convo afterwards.

    But actually, he seemed interested. I asked if he liked Megadeth because I saw them in his MP3 player playlist. He got excited and said yeah, he grew up listening to them in high school. So I was going to tell him that i saw them in Oct and that I met Dave. IT WAS AN INTERESTING CONVO, DAMNIT! lol

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 104
    Last Post: 01.06.06, 04:10 PM
  2. My conversation with a local DJ.....
    By Wolfman in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11.29.01, 05:53 AM
  3. My conversation with a local DJ.....
    By Wolfman in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11.26.01, 01:49 PM
  4. Overheard a conversation today ???
    By kujo in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10.26.00, 04:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •