Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 54552535455565758 ... LastLast
    Last Online

07.16.19 @ 06:25 AM
    Liked 10,287 Times in 5,622 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    "Jinny Hex"? How long has she been around?
    DC's Newest Legacy Character Debuts in Bendis' Batman Story

https://www.cbr.com/jinny-hex-young-...walmart-debut/

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

07.16.19 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 25,580 Times in 12,908 Posts

Premium Member

DC's newest character is actually pretty old....

https://www.cbr.com/dc-jesus-perfect-second-coming/
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

07.16.19 @ 06:24 AM
    Liked 17,315 Times in 9,778 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    DC's newest character is actually pretty old....

https://www.cbr.com/dc-jesus-perfect-second-coming/
    This will go well.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

Premium Member

Young Justice #1

Not really my kind of book, since there are way too many characters bouncing off each other (one of the reasons the latest Justice League is always a tough read), but I'll give it a few issues to see how it plays out and if it can explain where these characters have been.

The good news is that Tim is back as a ROBIN finally, and not Red Robin, with that ridiculous double "R" on his suit. I just always hated the name Red Robin for him, after they fucked up his entire history and legacy with The New 52.

Conner is back also and it should be interesting to see how they deal with him... and to a lesser extent for me, Bart and Cassie are back as Impulse and Wonder Girl... two characters that never clicked with me.

The bad news is that while Jinny Hex looks to be a cool new character that could probably be very popular... Teen Lantern is just silly and reeking of desperation for another female character to fold into the mix. She might turn out to be Jade in the long run and isn't really given anything to do in this first issue... but it just seems like a bit too much... considering that this Amethyst chick from Gemworld is along for the ride also.

Tim and Conner back together again is the main selling point for me. Those two had quite the bromance back in the day LOL!, but here's to hoping that this isn't some alternate Earth and what's happening here is part of DCU current ongoing continuity.

These panels give that hope some weight:

Last Online

Premium Member

Last Online

Premium Member

Bendis Teases Legion of Super-Heroes for DC Imprint Wonder Comics

Writer Brian Michael Bendis continued his cryptic teasing of fans this week about his 2019 plans, more directly hinted at a new Legion of Super-Heroes series from his curated DC imprint, Wonder Comics.

Using the hashtag #wondercomics, Bendis tweeted panels from 1995's Legionnaires #31 that depicts Superboy (Kon-El/Conner Kent) being offered a Legion flight ring, and honorary membership in the team of 30th-century heroes. The writer's accompanying caption read, "Just need to leave this here for a second."

Bendis previously hinted at The Legion of Super-Heroes, among other projects, in a series of images he shared on Instagram -- part of his tradition of 10-image abstract teases -- which included a shot of an abandoned Superman costume. The image came from Kamandi: The Last Boy on Earth #29. Speculation was that it hinted at Legion members Wildfire and Polar Boy, as well as Legion flight rings.

Wonder Comics is an imprint set in DC continuity focused on the teen market. David Walker, Jamal Campbell, writer Mark Russell, artist Stephen Byrne, Sam Humphries and Joe Quinones are announced to collaborate with Bendis on such familiar DC properties as Young Justice, which debuted this week, The Wonder Twins and Dial H for Hero. The imprint is also home to the new title Naomi.

https://www.cbr.com/brian-michael-be...-heroes-tease/

Last Online

Premium Member

Batman: Detective Comics #994

Finally getting around to catching up on a few books that stacked up over the holidays.

Detective #994 starts a new story arc called Mythology with a new writer also... Peter J. Tomasi.

Let's just say that someone is finally putting the detective back it Detective Comics. Good shit so far.

Highly recommended if you're interested in the Batman and Gordon that I'd love to see portrayed on the big screen some day.

Last edited by Number 47; 01.18.19 at 10:16 AM.

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

07.16.19 @ 06:20 AM
    Liked 2,272 Times in 1,350 Posts

Big shake up at DC was announced last night (I think) rumors that Jim Lee and/or Dan Didio (sp) might be out. DC says they're going back to their roots and will start putting out stories more along the lines of what made the characters great.....ok. whatever. I've never said this before but DC is a total mess right now. Trying to appeal to so many people while never upsetting anyone about anything has put them in a bad position IMHO. Some of the books are good....the batman stuff posted above was great but stuff that should be a home run like Teen Titans or even the Titans in general are always totally bumbled. It's not that hard guys. You have (or had) a group of characters that almost everyone liked (The Teen Titans before rebirth) and you flushed it down the toilet. you had a tv show (young justice) that had characters that were easily brought into the comics like Miss Martian and no one had a problem with her, she was very well liked and a very well executed character, then she's just gone and replaced by new characters no one knows with no depth.....uggg.

I might have to start reading Marvel again

Last Online

Premium Member

From what I've seen on some of the forums, Dan DiDio is the source of many of the problems. I guess he has a certain hate for Teen Titans past and present, and is the reason we have seen the death of Wally and Roy and the changes made to Dick Grayson.

I just graze the comments so I have no solid facts that it's all DiDio's fault, but I've stopped reading a ton of stuff in the last six months because the quality of the stories and the treatment of iconic characters has been absolute shit.

Major DC Comics Restructuring Happening Right Now

Bleeding Cool is getting very strong reports that there is major DC Comics restructuring being announced internally right this minute.

In the last year, DC has seen major changes, with DC President Diane Nelson stepping down, DC CCO Geoff Johns stepping down, Jim Lee sharing his Publisher role with that of CCO, and Pamela Lifford being made the new President of DC Comics.

DC Comics has also started creating comic books for Walmart and Target, hired major names from rival publishers, expanded their all-ages, and Young Adult lines, started the DC Universe App and started the stalled imprint Black Label. There have been successes and failures. Batman was going to get married but didn’t, then got his cock out. Oh, and they have a Jesus comic now.

We have heard high-level gossip from one side that Dan DiDio is no longer Publisher. However, when other enquiries to other sources have been made, I have been told that no, DiDio is still sharing the DC Comics Publisher role with Jim Lee. And, to be fair, he has survived many a rumour of his departure. And has outlasted them all.

But, yes, all agreement is that there are big changes being announced in the offices of Burbank right now. What will come out the other side, I do not know.

I presume that someone will be issuing press releases very soon…

UPDATE x 1: Picking up lots of comic book industry chatter on this. That there have been a number of odd publisher/editorial meetings this week in the lead up to today.

There is also a general understanding that it may be departments other than editorial affected more by… whatever it is that’s going on. Which would mean Dan & co are safe, for now.

But also not to expect anything official until all those involved have been informed.

UPDATE x 2: Current word is to expect positions of vice president and up to be affected, but that editorial positions are to be safe till summer as the new management team adjusts to the situation.

The big all-staff meeting is expected to take part in an hour, at 5.30pm, Pacific Time. However I am told that John Cunningham, SVP Sales Trade Marketing and Mark Chiarello Senior Art Director left the offices early today and will not be present at the meeting.

UPDATE x 3: The meeting should be happening now, but it’s getting late in the UK for me so I’ll be stepping away. I am sure press releases will be sent to the various media partners of DC Comics. But here’s the latest, from multiple connected sources.

This is all happening in relation to Warner Bros Consumer Products having a number of layoffs today. This is not a DC thing, but this is how things affect DC Comics, that has reached me.

John Cunningham and Mark Chiarello, mentioned above, are out at DC. So is Eddie Scannell, VP Consumer Marketing.

There are to be shifts at Vertigo and a streamlining of the editorial process. ** But any further editorial employee changes will be delayed until the summer.

UPDATE 4: A final update:

Layoffs Hit DC Comics During Today’s Restructuring

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...restructuring/

**I've mentioned many times here how much the editorial department sucks balls.
    Last edited by Number 47; 01.25.19 at 03:46 AM.

Last Online

Premium Member

DC Publishing Laying Off 3 Percent of Its Workforce

LOL! Why does 3% sound much worse that 7/240?

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

he (Didio) wanted Nightwing dead in Infinite Crisis, it was something Johns refused to do.

Seriously, Johns should be running the company, he gets it.

Last Online

Premium Member

Eh! From what I've read, this is all just business decisions. Probably not going to change a single thing with the shit show that has become their comic books.

My pull list is down to basically Detective, Action and Superman. Hate what they are doing in Batman... when they follow a Penguin arc with a Professor Pyg story... I'm outta there. Hate those two villains with a passion.

Anything else I'm waiting on the trades to cut the cost of reading some of this stuff and finding out it's sub par shit.

What I have been really enjoying is older stories in collected trades. New Gotham Vol. 1 & 2, which is the follow up to No Mans Land from the 90's and also the Spider-Verse & Spider-Geddon books... in the lead up to the new Superior Spider-Man.

Last Online

Premium Member

Oh! and Young Justice, just because Tim and Conner are back... don't really care for most of the other characters so far.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

I haven't bought a new comic book in at least 6 months. I'm kind of interested in YJ. Once the JL titles started to suck I just totally lost interest.