Yesterday @ 11:30 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    I'm interested in seeing the pilot movie with Britt Ekland. I still have the slightest vague memory of seeing that when it originally aired. I would have been about 8 years old.
    Season 1 (on the NBC app) looks like three movies split into two parts. I think she is in the one titled: Wine, Woman and War

David Lasher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:47 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by LAD-1972 View Post
    Season 1 (on the NBC app) looks like three movies split into two parts. I think she is in the one titled: Wine, Woman and War
    Yeah, I saw that. I'm gonna watch all three movies. I have a certain scene in my mind where I think Steve might have been running really fast and there was an exit hatch from an underground tunnel or something. I haven't seen it in 40 some odd years... but I'll know it when I see it. Haha!

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:30 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Yeah, I saw that. I'm gonna watch all three movies. I have a certain scene in my mind where I think Steve might have been running really fast and there was an exit hatch from an underground tunnel or something. I haven't seen it in 40 some odd years... but I'll know it when I see it. Haha!
    Ha-Ha! Yeah, I think they were experimenting with different effects on the pilot movies. Steve running in the desert is classic. I felt winded watching him! Have fun!

David Lasher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Battlestar Galactica Vs. Battlestar Galactica

At last! The epic story you've been dying to see is here, a galaxy and timeline-spanning saga bringing the two very different (and yet so very much alike) crews of the Battlestar Galactica series together. But don't expect this historic meeting of heroes to be friendly: they have no idea why they have been brought together, or what the result of this unprecedented meeting is. And it starts here as the legendary Commander Cain and the crew of the Pegasus are revealed to be alive and have encountered an individual they never thought they would meet: the last Cylon. All this has happened before, but there will NEVER be anything like it again!

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

07.08.20 @ 11:53 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I found this a couple of weeks ago. Read comics free online. There are a few pop ups but it’s not that bad. Right now I’m reading The Protectos, which was a project that took golden age public domain characters and built a universal around them. Very good super hero book:

edit
    Last edited by Scotty; 06.04.20 at 03:19 PM.

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

07.08.20 @ 08:55 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVeteranWell-Liked5,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    I found this a couple of weeks ago. Read comics free online. There are a few pop ups but it’s not that bad. Right now I’m reading The Protectos, which was a project that took golden age public domain characters and built a universal around them. Very good super hero book:

edit
    Hey, I have a better idea: Why don't you buy those comics on Comixology, or mail-order them from a retailer? I remember what it was like to barely scrape by-- most folks who do comics work crushing hours for not a whole lot of money. I generally do pretty well in the business at this point, but I still work about an 80-hour week. I know a good chunk of my own income is not just from new work, but from royalties on past work still in print. When you download pirated comics "for free," you're taking money out of people's pockets-- not just publishers, but creators and retailers. And since all of us in the comics industry have taken a pretty huge hit during a global pandemic, it might be nice of you not to support piracy of our collective work.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by Scotty; 06.04.20 at 03:20 PM.
    "There will always be a Holyfield or a Tyson, but there's only one Mohammad Ali. There will always be a new body building champion, but there's only one Arnold. And there's only one David Lee. I'm the fun in Van Halen, always will be." - David Lee Roth

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...yarcwoiovu.jpg

VHL Heavyweight Champion
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

Today @ 05:38 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Hamner, what’s your current one or two favorite non-big two books right now? Just curious.

8. Hamnerhead thanked for this post.
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Hamner, what’s your current one or two favorite non-big two books right now? Just curious.
    Hmmm. Well, I always like anything Hellboy. The Lemire-verse Black Hammer books are good. I like Once And Future. I like Money Shot. There's a lot of non-Big Two stuff I like. There's a lot of Big Two stuff I like, too.
    "There will always be a Holyfield or a Tyson, but there's only one Mohammad Ali. There will always be a new body building champion, but there's only one Arnold. And there's only one David Lee. I'm the fun in Van Halen, always will be." - David Lee Roth

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Hamnerhead View Post
    Hey, I have a better idea: Why don't you buy those comics on Comixology, or mail-order them from a retailer? I remember what it was like to barely scrape by-- most folks who do comics work crushing hours for not a whole lot of money. I generally do pretty well in the business at this point, but I still work about an 80-hour week. I know a good chunk of my own income is not just from new work, but from royalties on past work still in print. When you download pirated comics "for free," you're taking money out of people's pockets-- not just publishers, but creators and retailers. And since all of us in the comics industry have taken a pretty huge hit well I've got about 10 boxes of comics and dozens of graphic novels so I've been supporting the industry since I was around 5 or 6 when I first during a global pandemic, it might be nice of you not to support piracy of our collective work.

Just a thought.
    well, I have around 10 boxes of comics in my basement, I've bought about 2 full length boxes worth of comics in the last 2-3 years, I was still buying a bunch of current comics. I started buying comics (or had my parents buy them for me) when I was like 4-5. I've been buying comics for over 40 years. I have the DC app, the marvel app and comixology on my phone. I've got about 100 comics on the DC app, 3 graphic novels and about 5 comics series from marvel and I bought project superpowers on comixology a few years back. so me reading a series online that came out in 92 or 93 free is not hurting anyone in the industry. I own physical copies of about 1/2 of the series that I bought when they were first released (bout them from a 7-11 that had 2 comic book spinners in it), malibu was bought by marvel and they haven't touched any of those properties in almost 20-25 years. physical back issues are hard to find. I'm not a big fan of buying comics off of e-bay or something like that (got burned in the past).

so I'll read this online how I want. I've supported the industry by supporting DC and Marvel as well as a ton of independent comic book publishers.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

it was not my intention to harm anyone in the comic book industry, if anyone feels my post was out of line or were personally offended by it, i'm sorry. if it bothers anyone have the mods remove it, doesn't bother me either way.

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    well, I have around 10 boxes of comics in my basement, I've bought about 2 full length boxes worth of comics in the last 2-3 years, I was still buying a bunch of current comics. I started buying comics (or had my parents buy them for me) when I was like 4-5. I've been buying comics for over 40 years. I have the DC app, the marvel app and comixology on my phone. I've got about 100 comics on the DC app, 3 graphic novels and about 5 comics series from marvel and I bought project superpowers on comixology a few years back. so me reading a series online that came out in 92 or 93 free is not hurting anyone in the industry. I own physical copies of about 1/2 of the series that I bought when they were first released (bout them from a 7-11 that had 2 comic book spinners in it), malibu was bought by marvel and they haven't touched any of those properties in almost 20-25 years. physical back issues are hard to find. I'm not a big fan of buying comics off of e-bay or something like that (got burned in the past).

so I'll read this online how I want. I've supported the industry by supporting DC and Marvel as well as a ton of independent comic book publishers.
    Okay, look. Let me be a little clearer on this, just from my own experience. I started in this business in 1991, with my first work coming out from DC in 1992. Almost everything I've done since then, with a few exceptions, is in print or available in one way or another. I make royalties from them. As I said, a solid chunk of my yearly income is derived from royalties that I am contractually entitled to for doing that work. This is a standard arrangement. So when you lift a digital version of something that came out in '92 or '93, you are denying the creators that worked on that material that royalty. It doesn't matter if it came out a long time ago. My royalty statements are as long as your arm, not because they're ginormous sums, but because they're made up of dozens of titles and relatively small sums that go back almost three decades. It adds up to a nice chunk of change.

You are also stealing material that is owned by a publisher (or if it's creator-owned, owned by a writer and/or an artist)-- material that is theirs to put out how they see fit, not yours to take because you want it.

It's funny you bring up Malibu. I was one of the original Ultraverse creators on a title called FIREARM. I have a contractual share in the creation of that character, along with James Robinson and Howard Chaykin, and when Marvel bought that company, they bought our contracts along with it. So, if Marvel ever decides to bring that character back in any way, whether they're just reprints or new stories, the three of us are entitled to a cut-- not just a publishing royalty, but an actual creator cut. There are a number of reasons why Marvel hasn't done it yet, but if it weren't for digital piracy, they might be inclined to at least make it available on Comixology or Marvel Unlimited-- which, again, is income for artists like me.

All of us who have had any sort of longish career in comics derive our incomes from multiple streams: Publishing advances, conventions, IP, and royalties from book sales. It's a lot like what musicians live on, and the issues with piracy are much the same with them.

I'm glad you buy a lot of comics, both in print and digitally. Seriously. But if I, for example, really like eating out and make a real effort to patronize local restaurants and am a good customer who tips well, that's great, but it doesn't entitle me to drop back to the kitchen without asking now and then and help myself to whatever I want for free, just because I feel like it. It doesn't mean it's not stealing.

I don't mean to be a dick. I'm just trying to hip you to the idea that you're supporting piracy-- theft-- and that it's not victimless. It destroys creatives. Somebody's making money off that site, and it sure isn't anyone who had a hand in making the comics.

David Lasher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Thumbs up

I just found it on Cozi TV (NBCUNIVERSAL) through Hulu. It's on daily and the seasons looked scattered.

Big Foot is coming up soon. I'm gonna try and record them.

John Saxon was the robot in "Day Of The Robot"

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

It would be nice if the mods remove the link, but either way, I'm going to be reporting it to several publishers' legal teams, anyway. Hopefully, it'll go down sometime soon.

David Lasher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Hey, I have a better idea: Why don't you buy those comics on Comixology, or mail-order them from a retailer? I remember what it was like to barely scrape by-- most folks who do comics work crushing hours for not a whole lot of money. I generally do pretty well in the business at this point, but I still work about an 80-hour week. I know a good chunk of my own income is not just from new work, but from royalties on past work still in print. When you download pirated comics "for free," you're taking money out of people's pockets-- not just publishers, but creators and retailers. And since all of us in the comics industry have taken a pretty huge hit during a global pandemic, it might be nice of you not to support piracy of our collective work.

Just a thought.
    Shit! Hope I'm not doing anything wrong in this thread.

VHL Heavyweight Champion
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

Today @ 05:38 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Hmmm. Well, I always like anything Hellboy. The Lemire-verse Black Hammer books are good. I like Once And Future. I like Money Shot. There's a lot of non-Big Two stuff I like. There's a lot of Big Two stuff I like, too.
    I’m a fan of anything Brubaker does. Hoping Saga gets back soon. Was really enjoying Gideon Falls until the religious undertones reared their heads (not my jam in comics).

Usually, I’m most entertained reading an old EC book. I think they’re the best comics ever published by a huge margin.

As for mainstream stuff, really digging what Hickman’s doing with the X-books. House of X #2 was the single best Marvel issue published in.... I don’t even know. Ten years or more?

17. Hamnerhead thanked for this post.