Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

That magnificent bastard.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

11.10.08 @ 08:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you've never heard much beyond "Miami Vice Theme", let me recommend the two albums he did with Neil Schon (the track "Lies" remains one of my all time favorites) and Hammer's album "Escape From Television". "Escape" is all the music you would hear in the background in Miami Vice. While it's a bit dated towards the 80's, it's full of great stuff. Some great, moody stuff.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

I have Escape From Television - crucial for my two "Miami Vice" cassette compilations. Some good pieces there.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grover
    If you've never heard much beyond "Miami Vice Theme", let me recommend the two albums he did with Neil Schon (the track "Lies" remains one of my all time favorites) and Hammer's album "Escape From Television". "Escape" is all the music you would hear in the background in Miami Vice. While it's a bit dated towards the 80's, it's full of great stuff. Some great, moody stuff.
    I'm listening to some live Jeff Beck / Hammer shit right now "Freeway Jam"...
    Pretty cool... Got that Emerson, Lake and Palmer feel to it...

from 2003 http://www.janhammer.com/trak18as.mp3

But wait! As Seen On TV...
    A Long Awaited Masterpiece
    Miami Vice: The Complete Collection is a powerful monument to composer Jan Hammer's groundbreaking soundtrack to one of television's most memorable series. With over two hours of music, the two compact discs feature 42 memorable cuts, including 22, which have never been released to the public before. Miami Vice redefined television and Jan Hammer's soundtrack completely redefined the way in which shows were scored. The result was a chart-topping commercial success never before seen from a television soundtrack and international acclaim for series and composer alike.

While there have been other Miami Vice albums in the past, fans have long hoped for this expanded collection and, in resounding fashion, Hammer does not fail to deliver. The old favorites, such as the original "Miami Vice Theme" and "Crockett's Theme", are all there but the real payoff is a complete disc, 22 tracks, of previously unreleased gems such as "The Talk", surely one of Hammer's finest compositions from his three and a half years scoring Miami Vice. The end result of it all is a totally wonderful musical experience.

Even after several listenings it continues to amaze me just how many memorable tracks there are and really, when you think about it, it is amazing that anyone could fill two CDs with great music from any television series. Hammer has the most incredible gift for mood and melody and his music stands tall even without the visual components it was written to accompany.

Whether you are a fan of Miami Vice, Jan Hammer, or even if you just enjoy great music, Miami Vice: The Complete Collection delivers the goods.

-- Marc Loren, Amazon
    Last edited by voivod; 01.19.05 at 07:18 PM.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I have this jam with Eddie...

It's great!
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRose
    I have this jam with Eddie...

It's great!
    As a fellow piano/keyboard player - I'm sure Ed has respect for that guy's abilities...

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

11.10.08 @ 08:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE=voivod]

But wait! As Seen On TV...
    A Long Awaited Masterpiece
    Miami Vice: The Complete Collection is a powerful monument to composer Jan Hammer's groundbreaking soundtrack to one of television's most memorable series. With over two hours of music, the two compact discs feature 42 memorable cuts, including 22, which have never been released to the public before. Miami Vice redefined television and Jan Hammer's soundtrack completely redefined the way in which shows were scored. The result was a chart-topping commercial success never before seen from a television soundtrack and international acclaim for series and composer alike.

While there have been other Miami Vice albums in the past, fans have long hoped for this expanded collection and, in resounding fashion, Hammer does not fail to deliver. The old favorites, such as the original "Miami Vice Theme" and "Crockett's Theme", are all there but the real payoff is a complete disc, 22 tracks, of previously unreleased gems such as "The Talk", surely one of Hammer's finest compositions from his three and a half years scoring Miami Vice. The end result of it all is a totally wonderful musical experience.

Even after several listenings it continues to amaze me just how many memorable tracks there are and really, when you think about it, it is amazing that anyone could fill two CDs with great music from any television series. Hammer has the most incredible gift for mood and melody and his music stands tall even without the visual components it was written to accompany.

QUOTE]
    Wow! Thanks for the info, I'll have to pick that one up.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:38 PM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod
    As a fellow piano/keyboard player - I'm sure Ed has respect for that guy's abilities...
    There's no doubt about that. Jan is simply a bad-ass keyboard player. It's too bad that people have to make fun of him playing a keytar. Plus, the guy is has much of a true musican as Ed is. Respect indeed!

Listen up you youngsters, keytars was the thing to play back then. Get off Jan's back.

HH <-------------Given props to the keyboard players out there!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----