Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

AFU - Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

07.04.09 @ 09:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Hershey DVD

Did anyone ever get their hands on this? I'm starting to think the filmer somehow messed up the original copy before he/she could duplicate it. Somebody please prove me wrong. : - )

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

01.02.12 @ 03:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That guy (Todd) never sent it to me, and I haven't had a returned email for about 2-3 months now. He was at least responding for a time, giving me excuses each time (even told me the DVD was in the mail at one point, and then came back a week later when I questioned where it was and said that he accidently hadn't sent it). The guy was a scam artist, and by my figures of about $30 a pop for each auction (25 DVD's over 2 auctions, 50 total DVD sales), made off with $1500. Nobody ever got it, and I don't think he's anywhere close to Ebay after the Hershey thing. It sucks, because you put your trust in someone and they screw you.

Since then, I've been talking to Cabot and he's really educated me in the world of trading bootlegs. And after talking with him, I can see a good case for never buying bootlegs again, especially when there are so many fans out there that are willing to circulate the material without making you fork out $$$$ and screwing you later.

Either way, that guy Todd sucks. I'm pretty sure he trolls around here from some of the emails he sent me. He kind of knew when people were bad mouthing him, and the funny thing is, he would defend himself as not being a scam artist. I wouldn't have thought he was scamming in general (mostly because he was in contact for about 4-6 months), but NO ONE ever got the DVD. I think it's fair to say it never existed or he screwed it up somehow and made off with the money. He must have had a bad track record with Ebay because they shut his auctions down pretty quick and barred him from selling, at least under that user name. I remember getting an email from Ebay saying not to do business with him and his auction was getting closed. I had unfortunately already sent the money. If I only knew.

Hershey sucked anyway, I'm happier now seeing better performance and cleaner shows.
    "People say that life is a cesspool of darkness and dispair. Well we of Van Halen are sailing through it in a yacht!"--David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hear ya Halen, but he did send a few other people a show in it's place(ie: DC). That's why i think he or whoever recorded it must have screwed up the master copy. Otherwise it would have made it's way into the community by now. As for the show itself, i had a pretty good time there, although i had a pretty good buzz goin' on. I just want it for sentimental reasons mostly.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

01.02.12 @ 03:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah BR, sentimentality is the reason that I wanted it, too. It would have been the first show that I'd have booted that I attended.

As far as Todd, you're probably right that he just screwed up or something because he did offer me the DC show at one time, and I said I'd wait a little longer because he said the Hershey show was about ready to go. Well, not much longer than that is when he stopped communicating. I'm just kind of bitter, I guess. I hate giving people the benefit of the doubt and getting screwed in the process. I was actually worried about him when he said he had legionaire's disease (sp?).

I usually wouldn't talk so negatively about someone, but I just think it sucks that he screwed a lot of VH fans. I personally didn't want the DC show because that's not what I paid for. Water under the bridge anyway. I guess next time everyone has to make sure that more than one person is booting the show!
    "People say that life is a cesspool of darkness and dispair. Well we of Van Halen are sailing through it in a yacht!"--David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

04.05.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts

Donor

Hey, I ordered and never got it. Fool me once ,shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you. I ordered it because I would have loved to have a copy of a show I was at. Well, I have the memories. This guy never even sent an e-mail. Like my Nana used to say what comes around , goes around. I'm more mad at myself for getting taken. If he does view these boards, I only got one thing to say " Thanks for sucking Todd".
    Last edited by ddzavis; 01.20.05 at 02:34 PM.

Favorite VH Album

All 14 of 'em (best ofs too)
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait / Feelin'
    Last Online

12.02.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Halen1984
    I remember getting an email from Ebay saying not to do business with him and his auction was getting closed. I had unfortunately already sent the money. If I only knew.
    EBay must be cracking down on bootleg material. On more than one occasion, Ive tried to get tapes of shows and they've sent me the same message, encouraging me tot to proceed with this transaction....I encourage them to go scratch...
    "I didn't just drive a thousand goddamn miles on a motorcycle to watch some little girl prance around on stage" - Steve Morrison on if Justin Bieber performed at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

-"I'd rather stick my junk into a freshly-slapped hornet's nest." LLFHS on banging Lindsay Lohan

Poster formerly known as Fiftyoneftfty

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Halen1984
    I remember getting an email from Ebay saying not to do business with him and his auction was getting closed. I had unfortunately already sent the money. If I only knew.
    I got the same email from them when bought the Albany show. DVD showed up in the mail a couple days later though. I think the email has more to do with the nature of the sale than it does with the person itself.