Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

10.22.16 @ 11:41 AM
    Liked 94 Times in 50 Posts

Donor

Default Plush: The Official STP thread

From what I remember from the old board, we didn't have many STP fans other than myself, Jizzo and lovemachine. I figured with all the Velvet Revolver fans around now, there's gotta be some STP fans in here somewhere. Show yourselves!

These guys are my faves right after VH and Alice In Chains. Just so diverse musically and lyrically, and so great as musicians, I really don't think they get the credit they deserve. And live, these guys could hang too. With Scott being the best frontman since Axl, and the band being as good as they were, these guys were one of the best things to come out of the 90's. Bottom line, STP ROCKS!

Talk Show was also a good band too, that had the STP guys minus Scott, so if you haven't heard it, I'd pick it up if I were you. Good stuff.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Here's what the Deleo bros. are up too these days.

Source: BlabbermouthFormer STONE TEMPLE PILOTS bassist Robert DeLeo has posted the following message on the group's official web site:

"I can confirm that Dean [DeLeo, former STONE TEMPLE PILOTS guitarist] and I will be playing with FARM FUR, but for only three shows. Our friend Steve Ferrone asked us to sit in, and we were honored to be asked to play with such great musicians. It's a lot of fun. It's a 10 to 12 piece band, a bit different from what Dean and I have ever done. The songs being performed are musical contributions from each artist or band the artist is from. The set will include songs by THE AVERAGE WHITE BAND, SLY AND THE FAMILY STONE, RUFUS, Steve's solo stuff, as well as a couple STP songs. The STP material isn't intended to be played like STP. It's a one-time chance for Dean and I to take a couple of our songs and perform them with some of the best musicians on this planet. Would you pass that up? FARM FUR is certainly not a long-term band. It's a chance to have a hell of a lot of fun, and be musically challenged by some pretty intimidating players.

"Now let me fill you in on what FARM FUR means: Dean keeps his horses at a ranch that has a lot of unique animals. One day a zebra jumped the fence and made it with a donkey. (No shit) The result was a donkey-like animal with a black and white mane, and black and white legs only but the rest donkey. We took a picture of this animal, which we affectionately refer to as a Dizonkey, to rehearsal one day and everyone cracked up. Dean actually came up with the name FARM FUR. We put the two together, and thought it was funny as hell.

"We're playing the 14th at BB King's, the 15th at the Malibu inn, and the 21st at the NAMM show. (I repeat, this is not intended to be a serious long-term band.)

"Also, Dean and I have something coming up that you will all be thoroughly excited about. More of that to come."

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 06:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

HERE! I love STP. One of my favorites - I posted on some other thread that I'm sad they broke up. I like them much better than VR, tho I do like them as well. VR is just GnR with a better singer! LOL

When STP first came out, Scott actually scared me. He was just plain scary. Now I think he's amazing. I hope he can keep himself clean. I thought we were going to lose him a while ago.

Anyway, STP is in my Top 5 for sure. Sex Type Thing is a song that must be played on 11. Purple and Core are great from beginning to end - not a bad song on either.

Shari
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Agreed. Purple would have to be my fave, but you know which one I REALLY love? Their last cd, Shangri La Dee, whatever the hell it's called! LOL It's just go so many different shades of the band on there, and is totally diverse. It reminds me of listening to a Zep cd. That cd, and No. 4 really show how STP progressed and matured over the years as a band. I like them much better than VR for that very reason.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

STP rocks. I remember getting Purple on cassette, at the time Interstate Love Song and Vasoline were big hits. Now I have all of their CD's. I think Purple is still my favorite, but Core is awesome too. I agree, they really progressed up to their last album. Velvet Revolver is OK, but I wish STP was still together.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Sour Girl/Plush were the two songs that reeled me in. I saw both of the video's on VH1's, "The Rock Show." Damn, I miss that show. And after that, I just had to go and buy Core. The rest is history. I've got every cd, including Talk Show, VR of course, and I still have to pick up Scott's solo stuff.
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

03.14.17 @ 05:23 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Great band with great arrangements. Tiny music... is my favorite album from them. They were definitely underrated. I can't believe how they can be playing one part and then go to another completely different part but make it sound cohesive. Again, awesome band. Too bad they are broke up.
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

It's been tough having three favorite bands that were broken up. Alice In Chains, STP, and Van Halen for the longest. Atleast VH is back now.
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 09:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece
    From what I remember from the old board, we didn't have many STP fans other than myself, Jizzo and lovemachine. I figured with all the Velvet Revolver fans around now, there's gotta be some STP fans in here somewhere. Show yourselves!

What are you talkin about Sucka? I think all that Miller Lite has knocked out some of your memory brain cells!

I was one of the few to say that VR isn't all that and that I missed how great STP was....! VR is ok, but they don't touch GnR or STP...by a longshot.

Purple is still one of my most played CD's,.... can't get enough of that one..."Interstate Love SOng"....fuck yeah
    Last edited by Greenpaw; 01.17.05 at 12:48 PM.

Favorite VH Album

5150 & 1984
    Last Online

04.30.16 @ 02:52 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts

Count me in for STP. I have Core, Purple, Vatican, and No. 4. I really dug them. Dean DeLeo had some great tones, but I wasn't into them for the guitar. They just had the spark. Gotta say my favorite would be "No Way Out." That's a sick groove on that one.
    How open-minded do I have to be before my brains start spilling out?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpaw
    What are you talkin about Sucka? I think all that Miller Lite has knocked out some of your memory brain cells!

I was one of the few to say that VR isn't all that and that I missed how great STP was....! VR is ok, but they don't touch GnR or STP...by a longshot.

Purple is still one of my most played CD's,.... can't get enough of that one..."Interstate Love SOng"....fuck yeah
    LOL Sorry for leaving ya out bro.

As for VR. I really wanted them to be as good or even better than STP, but it didn't come close. I try and try to give that cd every shot I can, but it just doesn't do it for me that much. There are some great tunes on there, but after awhile it's just too much of the same. STP was so much more diverse and that was such a positive. I'm hoping the next VR record will have these guys growing together as a band, and they'll get a chance to branch out and show what they're made of. Until then, they've got nothing on these guys....
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 09:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

LOL Sorry for leaving ya out bro.

As for VR. I really wanted them to be as good or even better than STP, but it didn't come close. I try and try to give that cd every shot I can, but it just doesn't do it for me that much. There are some great tunes on there, but after awhile it's just too much of the same. STP was so much more diverse and that was such a positive. I'm hoping the next VR record will have these guys growing together as a band, and they'll get a chance to branch out and show what they're made of. Until then, they've got nothing on these guys....
    Yup, I think I gave that VR ALMOST as many chances as VH3. I'll still throw it on every now and then, but it's pretty rare these days.

I'm still not convinced that Scott was the right choice for those guys...but we'll see what the next record brings....

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

I'm not sure that having all the songs written before Scott got there was a good thing. I like what Sam and the VH boys did. Start off fresh, and if it works good, if not that's fine too. You'll still be here tomorrow.
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

05.22.17 @ 06:11 PM
    Liked 1,107 Times in 761 Posts

Premium Member

I was thinking this was a take-off of a Rolling Stones shot - but I was thinking the inner sleeve of Sticky Fingers, but it's not that close:

I have Thank You - good stuff

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

ballance
    Favorite VH Song

dreams
    Last Online

01.26.17 @ 04:47 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

STP are one of my favourites love all their albums didnt really like Talk Show though i didnt give it much of a chance