Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: Power Drill

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Power Drill

Howdy guys, my drill just gave out and im wondering if anybody can recommend a good one. Also, my old drill didn't spin quite fast enough to get up to the right pitch for poundcake, anybody know what rpm I need to get it right?? Thanks alot!!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

i believe Ed uses a makita cordless, what model i have no idea.
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

ď Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) Ē FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained & Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.07.16 @ 01:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I always wondered why Eddie could not replicate the drill sound onstage, like he had it on the F.U.C.K. record (two totally different sounds)...anyone know why? -Red43J
    Eddie must think I'm a BOZO to want to drop THAT much on one of his new Charvel Guitars!

Last Online

11.06.14 @ 05:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The VH Encyclopedia states "Ed used a Makita drill, set at 60 cycles"

Hope that helps
    I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 02:18 AM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

Just make sure its cordless!

On Fire
    Last Online

04.25.10 @ 09:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by around2k5150
    Howdy guys, my drill just gave out and im wondering if anybody can recommend a good one. Also, my old drill didn't spin quite fast enough to get up to the right pitch for poundcake, anybody know what rpm I need to get it right?? Thanks alot!!
    600 rpm. Make sure it doesn't have a 'brake' on it (ie, it stops as soon as you let off the button). You want it to continue to slowly turn as you let off the button. You also want the chuck to be metal (not plastic) so you can apply it against the strings as Ed did like a slide. This usually means that you DO NOT want it to be chuckless (ie, you want one that uses a chuck key). You can pick up a makita on ebay that takes rechargable batteries that can be replaced. Something like this I believe:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...350300789&rd=1

Chris

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ed's drill for that album was an early makita drill that hasn't been in production for some time. It's solid red and looks like a standard wired drill, but without the wire. It didn't have the bulky bottoms they have now and wasn't much good for anything but making power noises. The drill was low powered, the batteries were small and wore out quickly. I had one for years and eventually the battery couldn't even take a charge anymore but it did sound good through the pickups while it worked.
    If I still have it lying around somewhere I'll post the model no., but as I said they were discontinued a long a time ago.

Last Online

08.09.10 @ 04:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tribb
    Ed's drill for that album was an early makita drill that hasn't been in production for some time. It's solid red and looks like a standard wired drill, but without the wire. It didn't have the bulky bottoms they have now and wasn't much good for anything but making power noises. The drill was low powered, the batteries were small and wore out quickly. I had one for years and eventually the battery couldn't even take a charge anymore but it did sound good through the pickups while it worked.
    If I still have it lying around somewhere I'll post the model no., but as I said they were discontinued a long a time ago.
    I still have one that works well and is great for "Poundcake" I think it was Makitas first attempt at a cordless drill but don't quote me on that. If you can find one just crack the case and replace the old Nicads with some Ni-Hy batteries (Radio Shack is great for any misc things you may need), seal it up with some black and white electrical tape and you have A great drill for what ya need. Hope this helps!!!