Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

REVIEW BY glockner99 [B]
    Posted 10.30.04 11:14 PM Reply Edit Quote

My goodness...I don't know if I'll have the words to properly express how I am feeling right now...

I just got in from the show and I'm happy to see I'm the first person to post a review...

I was so pumped for this day to arrive, I won tickets to be in the Golden Rings.

Got to the show and went to the "Will Call" Booth to pick up my tickets and told I was "Stage Right" Mike's Ring. I was excited because from past shows I knew a lot of Fan interaction takes place in Mike's Ring. I picked up a couple of Beers (the last I would need to buy for the night) and off to Mikeys Ring I went.

First one there...I staked out my spot between a Monitor and a Fricken hot strobe light....

Rose Hill Drive opened and Fricken kicked...The guitar player is an amazing talent. I'm surprised I have not heard more raves for this guy. As they were exiting I yelled to him that he "Kicked Ass" and he gave me a Hi Five handshake.

The set-up for VH began and Mikeys bass Tech, Kevin Duggan (I hope I spelled his name correct) was on stage tesing Mike's set up...I yelled "Dugie" He looked at me like 'How the hell do you know me" he popped by me and tossed me one of Mikes picks..awesome. He came back a few minutes later and and started tossing his own "Dugie Van halen 2004" picks...got another one...awesome!

Lights go down..its show time...

Same set as usual...no HFT...The band was tight...tight ...tight. Interaction was great. Lots of smiles..high fives..pats on the back. I was so happy to see the fun that was being had by the band after reading about all the negative stuff. Anybody who doesn't believe just needs to go to a show to see how well they are getting on.

Mike gave me two Coronas and a surprise shot of J.D. I don't know how I was the lucky one to finish off his beverages...but it was an awesome experience..Thank You Mike!

At one point Sammy jumped into the middle of our Ring and was giving high fives and singing with us..once again awesome...Sam signed my BoBW cd cover..incredible..

Ed was very much on!! His solo, as usual this tour, was different but daring. It was almost like he was teasing the Die Hards with tid-bits of future things to come. I was noisy for all of the show except for Eds solo...It's like I was mesmerized into silence..wow...

Al was Sonic.....
    Mike was a Rock....
    Sam was and is the Party...
    and Ed was the Insperation and Legend...

I don't know what else to say.......
    If any of you want some more specifics..please reply...

My ears are still ringin' and I need to lie down...lol
    What a night!!

REVIEW BY RVH
    What a Fantastic Show!!! This was my first VH concert ever, and if it was my last, I will die a happy man!

I agree with the first review, the band was really tight! If these guys are breaking up, they should all be given Oscars for acting.

Same set list as usual, but they sounded fucking great! I brought a friend who was not a real big VH fan. At the end she even said it was the best concert she has ever been to period!

A highlight for me was when Sammy held up a shirt the said, " It's About Time: Ed and Red" The crowd went nuts for that.

Another funny moment was when they were playing the last song "When Its Love" and when they sang "..how does it feel when its love..." Ed yelled out "Fucking Great!"

Sammy was also signing stuff throughout the show.
    No 5150 walk.

The only song I wasn't impressed with live was Humans Being, but I thougt IAT sounded awesome.

Finally, thought I'd share a funny story. Before the show started, my sister got tickets to be in the rings right in front of the stage. Apparently the camera man was asking her and her freind to dance around and sing as he recorded them. My sister asked "what they were being filmed for??", and the camera guy said,"here someone wants to talk to you" He handed her a head set with a mic, and then some guy said on the line said " hi" to her. She asked"Who is this" and the guy replied, "Ed". And my sister being very swift asked" Ed who?" And the repy was " Ed Van Halen" She nearly died!!! Ed then asked her "who her favorite band was? She of course answered VH, and then Ed replied. "Your fucking right!" He then told my sister and her friend to keep dancing and singing in front of the camera. She said she could hear laughing in the background. Apparently Ed and whomever else where watching the crowd through the camera before the show started. Damn I hate my sister, that lucky bitch!
    Anyway, won't be able to sleep tonight, I am still so pumped up! Thanks VH!

REVIEW BY 5150812
    Like all other said, it was a great show. The opening band, SUCKED, they were a throwback to to the days of Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Woodstock, blah, blah.

Any band that does NOT move more than a foot during the set is BORING! The guitar player played with his back to the crowd so many times, the songs all sounded the same, and they were NOT even introduced when they hit the stage.

If this is the music of the future, I'm done. Sorry guys, but if you are going to see VAN HALEN, you would expect more than just some bar band.

ON TO THE MAIN EVENT, 1st let me say I have watched almost 15 boots of the current tour and the band was hot tonight. But I was NOT the only one that could almost feel the tension on the stage.

Sammy and Mike were great together, but everytime Sammy tried it with ED, he (ED) more or less walked away. Example, Sammy put on almost everything that was thrown onstage, HATS, JACKETS, SHIRTS, HALOWEEN COSTUMES, but 3 different times he tried to put a hat on ED, it was thrown off. Sammy spent most of the night signing EVERYTHING during the entire show.

Sorry guys, I have been a VAN HALEN FAN since 1981 and the "magic" is gone. The band played great but NOT what you would expect seeing the MIGHTY VAN HALEN... I remember when I saw them in '84 and '91. I walked out and said to myself, I just saw the greatest band put on the greatest show, I can't say that this time...

I'm not a huge Sammy fan compared to Dave, but Sammy made the show fun. He looked like he was having fun and for a guy in his late 50's, he was incredible.

EDDIE played a green peavey with a silver 5150 hologram decal (nice), and he used a REALLY NICE red and white striped ART SERIES. It was not like the previous ugly ones on ebay, this was beautiful!

Funny note to mention, the whole show they kept putting a girl dressed as a nurse on the screen, (she was hot) and the band, even Ed was trying to get her to unzip her outfit. They even got security to bring her onstange and she was in the bleechers a row down from me. To her credit, she wouldn't "FLASH" "them"

Good time, great band, farewell to the WINNIPEG ARENA, and it was fitting that as the crowd was leaving they played GREEN DAY'S "Time Of Your Life",

"Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)"

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road.
    Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go.
    So make the best of this test, and don't ask why.
    It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time.

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
    I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind.
    Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time.
    Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial.
    For what it's worth, it was worth all the while.

That pretty much explains seeing Van Halen for the last time with Sammy. They will not record again with Sammy or tour!! Up next, induction into the R&R hall of fame which DAVE will be a part of, then a final reunion and tour with DAVE and that will be it. Last comments, I read the review in the paper this morning and they called RUNAROUND- ROUND AND ROUND), TOP OF THE WORLD- I'M STANDING ON TOP OF THE WORLD, & SOMEBODY GET ME A DOCTOR- SOMEONE TAKE ME TO A DOCTOR WTF???
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.