Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

12.26.11 @ 07:47 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Received Free Wolfgang; Donation was Requested

A friend of mine dropped by yesterday and gave me a Wolfgang body and neck, totally stripped of all gear with the exception of the tuners. Although he said it was mine for the keeping for nothing if I wanted, he did state he wouldn't turn down any contribution. He has been really down on his luck for awhile since getting laid off from the local shipyard and his wife is having heart troubles. So I would like to give him at least what it's worth, and so I would like your opinions on this.

The guitar info/history is as follows:
    My friend's son used to work for Peavey, back when the plant was just up the road from me. In fact, he built and worked on many of Eddie's personel guitars(he has plenty of pics to prove it). Anyway this particular guitar was supposedly a factory reject due to a dig in the top, that you wouldn't even see with the bridge attached. The EVH brand on the back of the headstock was burned off, no serial nr. assigned and the guitar was trashed. I was told the rejects are then sitting in a bin awaiting death by bandsaw, but my son's friend was allowed by the floor manager to get this one out and take it home.

Body: Wolfgang special, transparent orange w/no binding. Good condition, light pick scratches that could probabley be buffed out. Absolutely no hardware.
    I would say 8 out of 10.

Neck: Normally what comes on the Wolfgang standard (bent back headstock), Heavily birds-eyed maple. Extremely used and dirty though, with small nicks along the fretboard edges. Large burn mark on back of headstock where EVH branded logo usually is. Front of headstock is painted black, but no other logo including Peavey's. Frets are installed, neck rod is there but the adjustment knob is missing, tuners installed with minor rust. 4 maybe 5 out of 10.

Also, (LOL) it absolutely reeks with the smell of weed. Had to take it out in the garage, because it was making my house smell like dirty bong water!

Thanks for your inputs.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

honestly, what is it worth?
    if its worth a G, i'd give him $500,,and so on...its for a good cause.
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 31 Posts

Donor

Keep in mind it'd take quite a bit of $$ to get that thing back in playing condition. You'd have to buy pickups, misc. electronic stuff (switches, 2 pots, wiring, jack), a bridge, truss rod wheel, screws & washers for the neck. A lot of little stuff pretty much.

Do you know if that neck will work correctly with the WG Special body? I may be wrong, but it seems like I read somewhere that there were slight differences in the neck pocket between the Special and Standard. Maybe someone more knowledgable can chime in on that.

Last Online

12.26.11 @ 07:47 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcody5150
    Keep in mind it'd take quite a bit of $$ to get that thing back in playing condition. You'd have to buy pickups, misc. electronic stuff (switches, 2 pots, wiring, jack), a bridge, truss rod wheel, screws & washers for the neck. A lot of little stuff pretty much.

Do you know if that neck will work correctly with the WG Special body? I may be wrong, but it seems like I read somewhere that there were slight differences in the neck pocket between the Special and Standard. Maybe someone more knowledgable can chime in on that.
    Yea, I did a lot of surfin' the web today, to see what it's going to set me back to get it playin'. Looking at least $400, probably more. I didn't think about the neck, body mismatch not working, will have to look into that also. If anybody knows more on that, would appreciate a reply.

Favorite VH Album

The one with the :
    Favorite VH Song

high fast stuff.
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:09 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Get him a $50 gift certificate at his fave restaurant, so he can take his wife out.
    Maybe throw in a bottle of his fave booze.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 31 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by DaleT
    I didn't think about the neck, body mismatch not working, will have to look into that also. If anybody knows more on that, would appreciate a reply.
    Dale, you might try posting a thread about it in the Peavey.com forums (http://forums.peavey.com) to see if any of the moderators can help you. If that doesn't work, you can contact Peavey's guitar tech Steve Smith toll-free at 1-877-732-8391 Ext. #1343. He might could answer your question.