Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 31 Posts

Donor

Default The NEW Wolfgang - HP Special (press release inside)

from the Wolfgang Registry:

http://www.wolfgangregistry.com/evh-...s-release.html

ANAHEIM, Calif. (Winter 2005 NAMM exhibit #5740)*Peavey proudly introduces two HP Special guitars, a continuation of the well-received, high-end HP Signature Series that Peavey unveiled in 2004. HP guitars are named for Peavey's founder and sole owner, Hartley Peavey, in celebration of the company's 40 years of innovation.
    Augmenting the modern refinement of the HP Signature Series with true rock guitar features, our new HP Special guitars include Floyd RoseR-licensed, double-locking tremolos, coil tap-equipped HP Signature humbuckers and an offset basswood body with a sculpted neck joint for access to the upper frets. HP Special guitars also include our oil-finished, asymmetrical birdseye maple neck with graphite reinforcement and precision SchallerR tuning keys; master volume and tone knobs; a three-way pickup selector; and transparent and solid finish options. Rosewood and ebony fretboard options are available in the Peavey Custom Shop.

"HP guitars encompass everything I've learned during my many years of designing and making guitars," says Hartley. "We pioneered a lot of technologies that are now industry standards, including shaping guitars with precise CNC router technology, and we build each HP guitar on that solid foundation, using the finest woods, hardware and pickups for brilliant tone as well as a distinctive, unmistakable appearance."

The HP Series is the ultimate refinement of the playability, tone, style and technology Peavey has developed over the past 40 years.

HP Special guitars will be available in spring 2005 from authorized Peavey retailers.

Personally, I love the new look. I just bought an HP EXP and it's a fantastic guitar. I'm really glad Peavey saw the potential in the HP and decided to merge the features of the Wolfgang into the HP line.
    Last edited by GoKart Mozart; 01.12.05 at 10:38 PM.

Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 2,865 Times in 1,074 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

The body shape, the headstock without the scoop, and the position of the selector switch will take some getting used to, but if the neck/pups are the same as the Wolf, I'm all over this. I really don't like the selector switch position though.

Last Online

06.22.05 @ 03:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Any idea how much they'll retail for?

Without EVH, I'd imagine a more realistic price tag....we'll see.

Steve
    "You've only got 12 notes and however you mix them up is your thing."

Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Mean street, 5150
    Last Online

11.03.05 @ 07:02 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Its not "the new wolfgang" Its the New HP line of Peavey guitars. If it were the new wolfgang it would look identical as Musicman did with thte axis. This looks nothing like the Wolfgang. Its got the standard non sculpted peavey headstock, a standard HP body shape and apart from it being black is as similar to a wolfgang as it is to a strat.
    Early music made heavy use of the Church modes, which were later organized due to their relationship to the interval pattern of the major scale. The modern conception of modal scales describes a system where each mode is the usual diatonic scale, but with a different starting note. Modes came back into favour some time later in the development of jazz (modal jazz) and more contemporary 20th century music. Much folk music is also best analysed in terms of modes. For example, in Irish traditional music the ionian, dorian, aeolian and mixolydian modes occur (in roughly decreasing order of frequency); the phrygian mode is an important part of the flamenco sound. The Brown Sound popularised by and identified with the music of Edward Van halen displays a distinct lack of respect for any form of music modality - its straight ahead balls to the wall good ol' fashioned rawk and roll......

Last Online

05.14.08 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's the guitar the will replace the void left by the Wolfgang. Remember Ernie Ball owned the Axis design, Eddie owns the Wolfgang designs, so yes it can't look exactly like it. All things aside the pickups are probably the almost identical, the neck almost identical. All they would have to do is make minor cosmetic changes, change the output of the pickups a little(probably can't even tell the differene to the human ear) and there you go a new guitar. I much prefer the placement of the p/u selector by the pots. Hopefully the Custom Shop will full on, not just fretboard wood, and color changes, and the price should be cheaper too. I can't imagine them wanting the same prices they wanted for the Wolfgang. Remember until Eddie came along Peavey wasn't exactly known for it's high quality guitars. It will take them a while to get that rep back on this model.
    Last edited by VinceV; 01.13.05 at 07:00 AM.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by tim5150
    Its not "the new wolfgang" Its the New HP line of Peavey guitars. If it were the new wolfgang it would look identical as Musicman did with thte axis. This looks nothing like the Wolfgang. Its got the standard non sculpted peavey headstock, a standard HP body shape and apart from it being black is as similar to a wolfgang as it is to a strat.
    It's the guitar that Peavey's replacing the Wolfgang with. If that doesn't make it the "new Wolfgang", then I really don't know what you'd like for it to be known as.

"This looks nothing like the Wolfgang"

So? It's got the Wolfgang neck, which to me makes the Wolfgang what it is, rather than something purely cosmetic like the body shape.
    Last edited by GoKart Mozart; 01.13.05 at 09:01 AM.

Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 2,865 Times in 1,074 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

http://www.music123.com/Peavey-HP-Si...-i137629.music

That would be the original Peavey HP guitar. That's a great price, and considering all the differences between this and the HP Special/New Wolfgang, I don't see the price being much more then the HP Signature. Mahogany, ebony, gold hardware, set neck, and fretboard binding are all more expensive features then the HP Special. The floyd is the only thing I can think of that'll raise the price at all...

EDIT: Nevermind, I think the HP Signatures are Korean made, and the Specials will be US made. There's a big price difference for sure! D'oh!
    Last edited by Jedi McFly; 01.13.05 at 03:09 PM.

Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

that sucks beyond all imagination.

i can't believe they would do something so fuckin' ugly.

to go from something as brutishly beautiful like a wolf to this ... wow.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Donor

Here's some better pictures.

Favorite VH Album

VH, VH2, FW, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Big River, Little Guitars
    Last Online

03.22.17 @ 07:01 AM
    Liked 120 Times in 49 Posts

That gold-looking one reminds me of a PRS.
    Waylon Jennings: 1937-2002.
    "There ain't nothin' quite as sad as watching your heroes die."

RIP, Hoss!

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:24 PM
    Liked 732 Times in 296 Posts

I picked up an American Wolfie Special (white) w/ Floyd before Christmas new and out the door with case for $550...I'm so glad I did....These new ones just aren't the same....No personality.....They look like some cheap Ibanez or something....
    Last edited by EJC; 01.14.05 at 09:19 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Bomb the Moon
    Last Online

03.13.12 @ 08:20 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Didnt peavey announce a new name (some spanish sounding thing)
    for its new line?
    Id like to see a closer top horn.
    either way its not bad.im sure theres gonna be some nice quilt tops.
    JX4244Q

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by J3FST1
    Didnt peavey announce a new name (some spanish sounding thing)
    for its new line?
    Id like to see a closer top horn.
    either way its not bad.im sure theres gonna be some nice quilt tops.
    Yes, you are correct. At first the press release on Peavey's website said the replacement for the Wolfgang was gonna be called the "Carina". A few weeks later that name was replaced with "Valkyrie". Now, it looks like "HP Special" is gonna be the final name (unless the change it next week before NAMM).

Unchained only letters and numbers's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

10.28.14 @ 02:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

The one thing this does do is boost the collectibility of the Wolfgang. If they would have just sold the Wolfgang under a new name, I think the collectibility would have suffered.

Not that these things are going to skyrocket in value, but it does sound like the well is now officially dry. Whatever is out there, is all there will be.
    January 5, 2005 - Resurrection

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by only letters and numbers
    The one thing this does do is boost the collectibility of the Wolfgang. If they would have just sold the Wolfgang under a new name, I think the collectibility would have suffered.

Not that these things are going to skyrocket in value, but it does sound like the well is now officially dry. Whatever is out there, is all there will be.
    That's a very good point, and one I hadn't really thought about till you said something. I'm glad I've got my two Wolfgangs. I had a third, but sold it a couple of months back. The only reason I wish I still had it is pure collectibility.