Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too many!
    Last Online

03.12.07 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Default Two Stubborn ASS People.....

Me and my wife! DAMN right now she has me sooooo frustrated!!! Okay...our house is being remodeled...or should I say repaired.
    Lemme update you: We bought our house last January. Moved in, got all settled and were loving it along with the kids(x3). This past October we got beat down HARD by the hurricanes. Our bedroom ceiling colapsed, we had carpet damage throughout the house and have been waiting for over 3 months to get our roof replaced. We have a roof but it's nothing but plywood and tarps. So for the past 3+ months we have been sleeping in our living room on the couch...bodies on the couch...legs on the ottoman.
    Now our roof is FINALLY done this week...and our bedroom ceiling is being replaced as I type. So all of the SHIT we had stored in our bedroom is now in our living room/bedroom/storage area. Luckily the kids rooms were not touched one bit.
    Anyway...we are at a boiling point I think. We are at each other's throats over absolutely nothing these days. She and I fight differently as most of us do. She gets quiet and passive agressive and I get mean(I don't beat her ass or anything..to set the record staight lol) but I do get mean and short tempered which surely makes things worse and adds fuel to the fire. Then after days of this passes...she acts like nothing happened and I am like fuck that I am pissed off.
    I am beginning to realize this thread is nothing but blabber ! DAMN am I ever frustrated!! GRRRRRRRR!! It's like I want this shit to stop but DAMNED if I am gonna be the one! Real mature huh?
    Last edited by BottomzUp; 01.12.05 at 06:41 AM.
    "Maybe I was the only one, but I really felt like we could surprise these guys. Obviously, that was not the case."

Brett Favre 09/10/06

http://www.myspace.com/lionzrule

Last Online

12.26.11 @ 07:47 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BottomzUp
    Me and my wife! DAMN right now she has me sooooo frustrated!!! Okay...our house is being remodeled...or should I say repaired.
    Lemme update you: We bought our house last January. Moved in, got all settled and were loving it along with the kids(x3). This past October we got beat down HARD by the hurricanes. Our bedroom ceiling colapsed, we had carpet damage throughout the house and have been waiting for over 3 months to get our roof replaced. We have a roof but it's nothing but plywood and tarps. So for the past 3+ months we have been sleeping in our living room on the couch...bodies on the couch...legs on the ottoman.
    Now our roof is FINALLY done this week...and our bedroom ceiling is being replaced as I type. So all of the SHIT we had stored in our bedroom is now in our living room/bedroom/storage area. Luckily the kids rooms were not touched one bit.
    Anyway...we are at a boiling point I think. We are at each other's throats over absolutely nothing these days. She and I fight differently as most of us do. She gets quiet and passive agressive and I get mean(I don't beat her ass or anything..to set the record staight lol) but I do get mean and short tempered which surely makes things worse and adds fuel to the fire. Then after days of this passes...she acts like nothing happened and I am like fuck that I am pissed off.
    I am beginning to realize this thread is nothing but blabber ! DAMN am I ever frustrated!! GRRRRRRRR!! It's like I want this shit to stop but DAMNED if I am gonna be the one! Real mature huh?
    Get yourself a sitter and take her for a romantic weekend on the beachfront, and better yet make it a total surprise. You handle everything, sitter, reservations, all details. You'll both be smiling for weeks.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Dude, you need to remember to just take it easy. It sounds like complete hell that you are going through, but it will pass soon enough. If you start to get angry or frustrated, just walk away for a little bit to cool the ole' jets. When it is all over, take the wife to a nice place and spend some quality time together. Life will be good!
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BottomzUp
    We are at each other's throats over absolutely nothing these days. She and I fight differently as most of us do. She gets quiet and passive agressive and I get mean(I don't beat her ass or anything..to set the record staight lol) but I do get mean and short tempered which surely makes things worse and adds fuel to the fire. Then after days of this passes...she acts like nothing happened and I am like fuck that I am pissed off.
    sounds all too familiar...

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by DaleT
    Get yourself a sitter and take her for a romantic weekend on the beachfront, and better yet make it a total surprise. You handle everything, sitter, reservations, all details. You'll both be smiling for weeks.
    Not a bad idear.
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:49 AM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

Hey Bottom,

Any type of construction on a house is very stressful. My wife and I just built a huge home, and durning the process, I was certain that 1 of us wasn't not going to have the pleasure of living in it. Some of the most hard fought battles, occured durning the building of this S.O.B. And we were arguing about shit that was so petty, it's really funny lookin back at it. Both my wife and I are total opposites, when it comes to decorating and decor.

But, we had to find common ground. I swear if a lawyer would have thrown DIVORCE papers in front of me, I would have signed those BIAOCHES!!!!!!

Like someone said, step back away, you 2 get your composure, and treat each other to a nice time out, and away from this project.

Your dick will thank you later.

HH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

i am also a fireball...at times...and its tough. but you've realized that you are simply being stubborn...and so it is up to you to make the compromise now...give her what she wants, as long as it isnt a non-negotiable issue...and then do the surprise thing. you will have hit her between the eyes and she wont stop making it up to you for quite a time...

all good idea's!
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by DaleT

Fuck that...........Divorce her !

Just kidding !
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

~Gilmour~On An Island~
    Favorite VH Song

The Blue->Take A Breath
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Take a break, come on and fly out to Vegas or Phoenix, stay at nice resort and do a spa treatment for her and a little outdoor stuff for you.

If anyhting just take a break for the situation.

It'll all work out, usually does
    CABOT
    U.S. PRIME
    GRADE A STAMPED
    GUARANTEED

It was kind of funny when I first heard about it being a Van Halen “reunion”
    —Michael Anthony.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too many!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Thanks for all the suggestions and understandings! Once my bail arrives and I am released(j/k) we will try to relax. Yeah, the house is in shambles but we will hopefully be done in a week or so. Well our bedroom furniture won't be here for 3 weeks but I don't care. I'll fucking sleep on my bedroom floor at this point. I actually AM going to Vegas Super Bowl weekend...but she won't be going. Yeah...she's REAL siked about that! We try to get out but our kids are 11,5 and almost 3. Our babysitter recently got a full time job at fridays(what..our $5 an hour wasn't good enough? lol) so we are 'sitterless in seattle'(florida actually) My family lives in Detroit and hers is too mental to watch our kids so as far as getting out goes....it might be a while. As for divorce? She has a few good years left in her so I'll keep her around a bit longer. I think when the 2008's roll around it might be time to do a trade in.
    Oh well.....it's good to know that I am not alone in this sort of madness!
    Thanks to all of you!
    "Maybe I was the only one, but I really felt like we could surprise these guys. Obviously, that was not the case."

Brett Favre 09/10/06

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

<whistles> If I had a hammer...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

not being able to get out is a common cause of exactly what you are going through..even w/o the house mess on top of it..
    you two must have a good relationship!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too many!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by perticelli
    not being able to get out is a common cause of exactly what you are going through..even w/o the house mess on top of it..
    you two must have a good relationship!!
    It does drive us completely mad though at times. My parents were in town a month or so back. The wife(Trish) and I went to the PHARMACY alone and felt like we were on a second honeymoon! Now THAT is bad! We are back in the hunt for a sitter and boy is that a time consuming endeavor. Just as much as I'd like to grab a 'Will Work For Food' guy, ya' can't exactly do that.

Brett Favre 09/10/06

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

we try and plan a week away each yr..we go to vegas and live like honeymooners...we arrange for our parents to watch the kids well inadvance...maybe you can try something like that?