Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

10.20.18 @ 06:57 AM
    Liked 22,311 Times in 11,209 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I guess I was duped. TLJ was indeed a great flick but I was influenced by Russian Trolls
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...y-says-1148475
    Oh c'mon. I think the left is starting to reach just a little. I don't think Putin cares about whether or not The Last Jedi is liked by a nation of nerds.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

10.20.18 @ 10:34 AM
    Liked 3,737 Times in 1,458 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I guess I was duped. TLJ was indeed a great flick but I was influenced by Russian Trolls
    As somebody who liked The Last Jedi I feel that articles like this almost do the fan service a disservice. There is plenty of room for legitimate criticism of TLJ (and any of the Star Wars films, honestly). If people only skim the article or only read the headline, which happens far more often than not, then the true point of the article isn't conveyed, and people either get angrier or try to use it to justify their side. That's Facebook news syndrome.

The article distills down to this: based on a (very small) sample of about 1000 tweets only 22% was criticism, and 51% of that 22% could have been bots or politically motivated. I'm not sure I buy that breakdown, and even if I do Twitter likely skews to a younger demographic that seems more likely to be okay with TLJ. But even still, if 11% of the conversation being valid criticism is still very significant.

Again, I'm not sure I buy those numbers, and even if I do the sample size is incredibly small.

Quote Originally Posted by track 5 View Post
    I'm sure you SW nerds have answered this pages back. We watched it and I need to know what is the connection to Solo with the darth maul dude in his story line? And who is his ex girlfriends connection to the evil side of the force? I'm not going to look it up on the internet. That's why I roll up here. Out.
    In The Clone Wars cartoon it's revealed that Maul survived his bisection in TPM. Maul's brother found him, brought him back to sanity, and the two eventually ended up running a crime ring and a crime war.

Fast forward to Solo, Maul is in charge of the crime ring that Dryden Vos and Qi'ra work for. So when Dryden is killed Qi'ra becomes next in charge of that segment, reporting directly to Maul.

Some time between Solo and Rebels (cartoon) Maul is displaced from that crime syndicate. His story is wrapped up in Rebels.

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

10.19.18 @ 10:13 AM
    Liked 3,275 Times in 1,626 Posts

Premium Member

The whole Darth Maul thing being brought back is just dumb. If cutting someone in half and them going down a precipitous hole does not mean someone died, then I guess there's still hope for Han Solo. I mean, really, what's next? Is someone going to fly through space like Superman after they get blown out of their spacecraft in an explosion and return to safety?
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

5. The Following 6 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

10.20.18 @ 11:16 AM
    Liked 1,841 Times in 1,270 Posts

set up "Maul-father: A Star Wars Story". Hope I can handle the scene where someone wakes up in bed with the head of one of those creatures from "The Last Jedi" in bed next to him (or her)

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

10.20.18 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 8,185 Times in 5,899 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    The whole Darth Maul thing being brought back is just dumb. If cutting someone in half and them going down a precipitous hole does not mean someone died, then I guess there's still hope for Han Solo. I mean, really, what's next? Is someone going to fly through space like Superman after they get blown out of their spacecraft in an explosion and return to safety?
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

10.20.18 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 4,151 Times in 2,186 Posts

Ha ha ha ha....

Can the political motivation of that article and the author of that "academic paper" be more obvious?

They must be kidding with that "Russians are coming to get us" thing. Suddenly Russians are in love with Republicans? Sure....those two were always in synch over the years. I can hear John Wayne laughing from his grave over that one.

The main thing polluting his "paper" is that "politics" was brought into the conversation by TLJ. If you use a popular movie to promote a political agenda, that's going to generate a response. Claiming afterward that "the response was political" is BS. Of course it was a political response! YOU brought politics into it. Duh....

Politics was only one of the reasons why many fans didn't like TLJ. But yeah...politics is there....because someone put it there from the creative side.

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    I never bought that Han was dead myself. I've read enough comics and seen enough movies to know that if a character dies off-screen with no body....that means they didn't die.

Kinda seems like they did it that way just in case Ford changed his weird conviction that Han should die.
    Last edited by Harpospoke; 10.02.18 at 08:52 AM.

Last Online

10.17.18 @ 09:47 PM
    Liked 835 Times in 438 Posts

Premium Member

Thanks, Jedi. Im not sure of the cartoon stuff. I don't watch that. But mother fucker you boys break it down for this guy on this end. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

10.17.18 @ 09:47 PM
    Liked 835 Times in 438 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    set up "Maul-father: A Star Wars Story". Hope I can handle the scene where someone wakes up in bed with the head of one of those creatures from "The Last Jedi" in bed next to him (or her)
    Well done, dude. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.