Page 552 of 553 FirstFirst ... 52452502542549550551552553 LastLast
Results 8,266 to 8,280 of 8282
    Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.08.19 @ 04:22 AM
    Liked 1,000 Times in 573 Posts

Enjoying the Mandalorian. However, once that series is done -I'm going to cancel my membership at Disney +; I was getting consistent lag when streaming it (no issue on netflix) , the app is super buggy and outside of Mandalorian -I don't see much there that interests me that is new....I have most of the Disney movies I want on DVD - so not much appeal.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.08.19 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 2,385 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Enjoying the Mandalorian. However, once that series is done -I'm going to cancel my membership at Disney +; I was getting consistent lag when streaming it (no issue on netflix) , the app is super buggy and outside of Mandalorian -I don't see much there that interests me that is new....I have most of the Disney movies I want on DVD - so not much appeal.
    don't you know you are supposed to throw out your physical media and pay a monthly fee to stream what you've already owned? That's the way music works now, so I'm sure it's the same for movies...
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.08.19 @ 04:12 PM
    Liked 16,950 Times in 7,474 Posts

I think itís the convenience factor. Sifting through DVDs and CDs to decide if you want to listen or watch something is kind of a pain. I donít know at least I kind of think it is.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.08.19 @ 03:23 PM
    Liked 9,211 Times in 6,627 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I think it’s the convenience factor. Sifting through DVDs and CDs to decide if you want to listen or watch something is kind of a pain. I don’t know at least I kind of think it is.
    I guess I feel like Stallone in Demolition Man, when he learns about cyber sex; instantly dialed up, yet not the same as the 'chunka chunka'.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.08.19 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 2,385 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I think it’s the convenience factor. Sifting through DVDs and CDs to decide if you want to listen or watch something is kind of a pain. I don’t know at least I kind of think it is.
    two words: alphabetical order!

when I was a wee lad, and my record collection was a lot smaller, I could find the record I wanted in the dark.
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.08.19 @ 04:12 PM
    Liked 16,950 Times in 7,474 Posts

Default The Official Star Wars Thread

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    two words: alphabetical order!

when I was a wee lad, and my record collection was a lot smaller, I could find the record I wanted in the dark.
    I donít know man Iím pretty lazy about going through 500-600 CDs and tons of DVDs. Itís not about being in alphabetical order. Iíd rather just pull it up on the TV and watch it when I think of it. Again I think I just like the convenience factor of it. Usually Iíll see a title of a movie or a show and just put it on. I donít go to my rack of DVDs and say ďHmm which movie should I watch?Ē I just donít do that. And even if I have it on DVD I donít say ďOh I have that movie let me go get it.Ē I can just click a button and be done with it. And some of them are better quality as I donít have everything on Blu-Ray.

Itís just easier on my TV to switch back-and-forth from the streaming services to regular TV or something else. Jump right back to where I was. Just easier than dealing with having to put the disc in and using a different remote and switching a bunch of stuff. Obviously for some people itís not a big deal, for me just itís just annoying.

To each their own. Itís not bankrupting me so I donít mind paying for the streaming services that I use. I donít want to pretend itís 1995 anymore.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.08.19 @ 03:12 PM
    Liked 4,644 Times in 2,810 Posts

I havenít switched to streaming music, yet (just bought the new STP single today).

But Iíve mostly switched over when it comes to films. Like, I bought the physical+digital of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, but mostly to complete my Tarantino, physical collection.

Also, the Star Wars stuff is in 4k and has been improved since the Blu Ray. A New Hope has had its color palette fixed and is in 4k HDR on the service, as are the other films. Thatís pretty cool, even if they arenít the original versions.

Otherwise, The Imagineering Story has been pretty cool, seeing how and who designed Disneyland, World, Paris, plus the newer rides. The thought process behind Imagineering fascinates me, so itís been a cool series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.02.19 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 501 Posts

Premium Member

ya being able to watch this stuff in 4kUHD on a 4k tv with a badass surround is super fun
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Rise of the Resistance opened in Orlando today. There was a press preview yesterday and Disney released a seven minute highlight video of the near 20 minute attraction.

If you want to be semi-spoiled Iíve put the video here. But I can also tell you based upon people who have been on the ride is that the most impressive effects are not in this video so this doesnít spoil everything.

Remember this is seven minutes of an 18 to 20 minute experience.

Boarding passes were gone in 30 minutes today.

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.08.19 @ 03:41 PM
    Liked 17,224 Times in 9,095 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Rise of the Resistance opened in Orlando today. There was a press preview yesterday and Disney released a seven minute highlight video of the near 20 minute attraction.

If you want to be semi-spoiled I’ve put the video here. But I can also tell you based upon people who have been on the ride is that the most impressive effects are not in this video so this doesn’t spoil everything.

Remember this is seven minutes of an 18 to 20 minute experience.

Boarding passes were gone in 30 minutes today.

Apparently it didn't take long for it to break down...

http://www.brevardtimes.com/2019/12/...-afte-opening/
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    Apparently it didn't take long for it to break down...

http://www.brevardtimes.com/2019/12/...-afte-opening/
    It did. I know this will get extra scrutiny because of the Fandom Menace, but this is extremely, extremely common, not just for new rides, but rides in general. Especially true of complex rides.

When Radiator Springs Racers opened (which is WDWís Test Track ride tech themed to Cars), it broke down all the time in its first few weeks. To this day, Indiana Jones goes down multiple times per day. (In fact, Smugglerís Run has been lauded for its durability. Part of it is the design. There are 3 turntables with 7 cockpits each, so even if 1 turntable goes down, there are still 14 cockpits.)

Rides have a cycle time and if that goes over, it goes down automatically. So if a guest takes too long to get on the ride vehicle, that can cause a shut down. If a hat falls off onto the track, that can cause a shutdown.

These are the adjustments you just canít test until diverse guests who donít know how this all works start riding. The next few weeks are adjustments and those wrinkles should iron out.

But this will likely be like Indiana Jones and go down at least once and probably more each day in perpetuity. Itís too complex not to.

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.08.19 @ 03:41 PM
    Liked 17,224 Times in 9,095 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    It did. I know this will get extra scrutiny because of the Fandom Menace, but this is extremely, extremely common, not just for new rides, but rides in general. Especially true of complex rides.

When Radiator Springs Racers opened (which is WDWís Test Track ride tech themed to Cars), it broke down all the time in its first few weeks. To this day, Indiana Jones goes down multiple times per day. (In fact, Smugglerís Run has been lauded for its durability. Part of it is the design. There are 3 turntables with 7 cockpits each, so even if 1 turntable goes down, there are still 14 cockpits.)

Rides have a cycle time and if that goes over, it goes down automatically. So if a guest takes too long to get on the ride vehicle, that can cause a shut down. If a hat falls off onto the track, that can cause a shutdown.

These are the adjustments you just canít test until diverse guests who donít know how this all works start riding. The next few weeks are adjustments and those wrinkles should iron out.

But this will likely be like Indiana Jones and go down at least once and probably more each day in perpetuity. Itís too complex not to.

Yeah, they all go down from time to time, I just thought it was kind of comical that it lasted all of 18 minutes before its first breakdown.

Last time we were at Magic Kingdom Space Mountain was down for a good three hours. Then it came online and my son and I rushed over there because it said it was only a 20 minute wait.

We ended up waiting for an hour and a half. Meanwhile my wife and my other son got on right away with a fast pass that she somehow procured, but it wouldn't let her do it for four, only two. We'd already been waiting in line for 40 minutes when they walked right by us and got on. I should have turned around then but I'd already invested 40 minutes of my time for it.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.06.19 @ 03:42 PM
    Liked 3,816 Times in 1,885 Posts

Premium Member

It sounds like an amazing ride, but one that will likely have all sorts of reliability issues. I remember when Frozen Ever After opened in Epcot and they had a horrible time keeping that thing running. Keep in mind they basically just gave a face lift to an already existing ride and added some animatronics. The ride system and everything else were essentially known commodities but they still had issues. This is a new ride system with probably dozens of fail points (if not more) along the way with all of the scenes and effects.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Yes, itíll have lots of down time, because there is so much to it, like Indy.

Universalís latest Potter ride in Florida is having all kinds of problems.

This is under a microscope due to Last Jedi, the attendance issues, and opening 6 months late.

But it will eventually find its rhythm.

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.07.19 @ 01:46 PM
    Liked 229 Times in 127 Posts

Ep 9 is looking really shaky. I think this thing will be a complete trainwreck