Results 8,866 to 8,880 of 8929
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 9,284 Times in 6,682 Posts

Premium Member

Never seen a single Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games, etc. movie. Honestly.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

02.21.20 @ 07:31 PM
    Liked 4,672 Times in 1,759 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    Potter is the only one that even remotely deserves to be in this conversations with Star Wars and Marvel. The rest were flavors of the month.

Even though Star Wars holds my heart I maintain that Potter is the best example of a franchise that tells an epic story over 7+ installments with a satisfying conclusion. I felt that way before the ST, and I still feel that way now.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 01:01 PM
    Liked 3,968 Times in 1,965 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    I've seen one Harry Potter (the last one) because my wife wanted to see it in theaters and I was in it for the popcorn. Never saw a Twilight and never will. I saw all three Hunger Games because my wife read the books and liked them and was hyping me up for the movie. Like most trilogies it felt more of the same by the end, but it was still entertaining enough to hold my attention. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch them again, though. But if I was a 12 year old girl reading that first book or seeing the movie for the first time, I'd imagine it would really resonate, so it wouldn't surprise me to see a nostalgia-driven resurgence for it like we see with everything else these days.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 01:01 PM
    Liked 3,968 Times in 1,965 Posts

Premium Member

I know I mentioned it earlier in thread, but I just finished playing Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order on Xbox One. The game was awesome. Great story, really fun game play, no real complaints with it. Actually, my one complaint is that I wish there was more game to play--I didn't want it to end!
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

6. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

If I was a gamer I'd be all over Fallen Order. It looks like an absolute blast.

As a bonus - the lightsaber customization features parts from 3 of the 4 types of lightsabers you can customize/build at Galaxy's Edge. So my buddies who play Fallen Order are doing so with lightsabers that mirror the ones they personally built at the park.

8. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 01:58 PM
    Liked 18,093 Times in 9,617 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    Finally saw it today. With the scroll and the first scene, I had my doubts, but it all came together I thought. Only had two spoilers going in, and one of those was the insignificant lesbian kiss. Nice to see that Luke has finally mastered lifting his x-wing out of the water!

Looking forward to “Star Wars X: Cleanup Of The Debris”
    Heh, that was cool. Ha ha!
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    See that doesnt bother me that much. It's not hard to imagine even heroes can have ups and downs. Luke wasnt gonna save the universe EVERY single year of his life! Han could've fallen on hard times. It's more realistic that way. And if you think about it, Obi Wan was also retired on Tattooine. He wasn't helping Leia and the rebels, not until Luke came to find him. He had also said "fuck it, I don't care anymore."
    Your assertion about Obi-Wan is inaccurate.

He goes into hiding along with Yoda "until the time is right" to rejoin the fight.

There's a scene in Rogue One where Bail Organa tells Mon Mothma that he's going to dispatch someone to retrieve Kenobi to help now that they have the Death Star plans.

Obi-Wan himself knows that it's time when he comes across R2 and Luke after the Sand People attack.

He didn't say, "fuck it, I don't care anymore." He went into hiding because he knew he couldn't fight the Empire on his own and that his death would be a crushing blow to any hope of reviving the Jedi Order.

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Yeah, I don't equate Luke's exile with Obi-Wan's. Luke's exile is closer to Yoda's - where Yoda wasn't seeking out Luke and was hesitant to train him. Yoda was cynical and critical of Luke throughout ESB.

What a lot of people miss about TLJ is that Luke realizes he was wrong too. That's why he sacrifices himself for that final stand via Force projection. And in case that wasn't clear he makes sure he tells Rey he was wrong when she tries to do the same thing in TROS.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly View Post
    Yeah, I don't equate Luke's exile with Obi-Wan's. Luke's exile is closer to Yoda's - where Yoda wasn't seeking out Luke and was hesitant to train him. Yoda was cynical and critical of Luke throughout ESB.

What a lot of people miss about TLJ is that Luke realizes he was wrong too. That's why he sacrifices himself for that final stand via Force projection. And in case that wasn't clear he makes sure he tells Rey he was wrong when she tries to do the same thing in TROS.
    Looking forward to seeing how they approach Obi-Wan's exile in the Disney+ series.

I think I would be a tough write. He can't give himself away too much that he's a Jedi, but you can't make a whole series about him meditating in his hut either.

I would think Ewan is young enough that they could include some flash backs with him remembering his days with Anakin before the fall. And rumor has it they're looking to cast a young Luke Skywalker.

Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Here's what I want from the Kenobi series...

The Hutts or a rivaling gang are causing issues amongst Tatooine locals. Owen wants Ben to get involved in the fight but he won't as he sees protecting both Luke and his own secret as higher priority. Then those local issues endanger Luke. That's when Ben gets off his ass, teams up with Owen and some other locals to crack down on the local crime issues.

Throughout the series we'll see Ben struggling to conceal his powers while using them for protection/defense with Owen. They'll likely have some big moment where he has to whip out his lightsaber and kick some ass. But I think there will also need to be an emotional crux where Ben does something that doesn't sit right with Owen, leading to Owen's distaste for Ben by the time ANH comes around.

15. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Here's what I want from the Kenobi series...

The Hutts or a rivaling gang are causing issues amongst Tatooine locals. Owen wants Ben to get involved in the fight but he won't as he sees protecting both Luke and his own secret as higher priority. Then those local issues endanger Luke. That's when Ben gets off his ass, teams up with Owen and some other locals to crack down on the local crime issues.

Throughout the series we'll see Ben struggling to conceal his powers while using them for protection/defense with Owen. They'll likely have some big moment where he has to whip out his lightsaber and kick some ass. But I think there will also need to be an emotional crux where Ben does something that doesn't sit right with Owen, leading to Owen's distaste for Ben by the time ANH comes around.
    I like it.

Have they hired you yet?

They could tie this in with Luke's complete desire to eliminate Jabba in ROTJ even though there were probably other ways he could have rescued Han that didn't endanger key rebellion members. The Hutt's have been causing problems on Luke's home planet his entire life, Owen has told him about it and complained about it for years so now Luke is in a position to do something about it and he can't resist. A small little dark side nudge there that he ultimately gives in to.
    Last edited by Get The Show On The Road; 01.21.20 at 08:49 AM.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

If they had TROS (and TLJ) would've been better.

19. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 11:41 AM
    Liked 7,006 Times in 3,662 Posts

To be fair, one thing that really irritated me with the prequels is that here is Yoda and Obi Wan at the Jedi Temple. Just dispatched some clone troopers. They know what has happened and then Yoda says they need to kill Annikin and Palpatine. Decides to do it separately. There is no good reason for that to happen. Yoda obviously hid for some time while Obi wan was to to find where Annie was at. Why not say "go see if you can find out where he is at. We both will go together and kill him. Then we will fight Palpatine together." That way at least it gives Obi Wan a better chance to do what needs to be done. Then when seeing Palpatine, Obi Wan can at least be a distraction. Likely he would have died but 2 is better than 1. Just doesn't make sense splitting up. Plus Yoda could be there for moral support if Obi Wan listens to Annikn. Also would have given the finishing blow.

Like the idea about Kenobi They probably will show him yelling at Jawa's for being on his lawn.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

02.24.20 @ 01:21 PM
    Liked 4,721 Times in 2,852 Posts

It seems critics who do this for a living missed that, too. He realizes he was wrong to go about it the way he did. I'm convinced some people (articles I have read) misunderstood Last Jedi completely by saying that Luke's appearance in TROS was a rejection of Last Jedi.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 01:03 PM
    Liked 667 Times in 423 Posts

I can go along with all of it and from the perspective you just outlined, I might actually dig TLJ a bit more.

But I also don’t think they had to turn Luke into the absolute shittiest, most negative person who likes to drink green tit-milk.

Yoda wasn’t even that fuckin’ bitter after Anakin murdered younglings.

23. The Following Member Likes This Post: