Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

04.05.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts

Donor

Default Tix for Montage

I have four seats in Sec 101, Row G, seats 3-6. The seats are 8 rows from the stage. Just want face value for them. It's for the July 21st show at the Toyota Pavillion at Montage in Moosic/ Scranton, Pa. PM me if interested.
    Last edited by ddzavis; 05.24.06 at 04:40 PM.

Favorite VH Album

1984/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

5150/Crossing Over
    Last Online

07.28.19 @ 09:23 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

THE BLACK CROWES Go Into The Vault For 'The Lost Crowes' - June 1, 2006

Twice THE BLACK CROWES have recorded albums that were never officially released: "Tall" in 1993 and "Band" in 1997. While a few songs from these lost albums were re-recorded and released on studio albums, many have emerged only through the band's legendary live shows. THE BLACK CROWES recently went into the vault, collecting the best moments from those abandoned sessions for a special treat for their longtime fans. Titled "The Lost Crowes", it is a two-disc set of unreleased music that has been remixed for its public debut on Rhino. The compilation will be available August 29 at all retail outlets and at www.rhino.com for a suggested retail price of $24.98. The same day, the band's 1992 home video, "Who Killed That Bird Out On Your Window Sill", will make its DVD debut on Rhino Home Video for a suggested retail price of $14.99.

In fall of 1993 vocalist Chris Robinson, guitarists Rich Robinson and Marc Ford, drummer Steve Gorman, bassist Johnny Colt, and keyboardist Ed Harsch recorded more than 30 songs at Conway Studios in Los Angeles. Working on the follow-up to "Southern Harmony And Musical Companion", the band descended into an emotional, startlingly heavy creative patch that became a stepping-stone to the 1994 album, "Amorica".

Named after an old jazz term for getting high, the "Tall" sessions contain a total of 16 unreleased tracks that offer an unflinching glimpse into rough and beautiful music born from turmoil and tension. "The Lost Crowes" includes early versions of seven "Amorica" songs such as "A Conspiracy", "Descending", "Wiser Time" and "Cursed Diamond". The collection also features the undiscovered classics "Tied Up And Swallowed", "Feathers", "Thunderstorm 654" and "Lowdown", a sad lost anthem that became "Ballad In Urgency".

Four years later, the band came off the road after headlining the Furthur Festival and went into a Nashville studio to record songs for a planned follow-up to 1996's acclaimed "Three Snakes & One Charm". Where "Tall" thrives on the mayhem of their young Los Angeles days, "Band" confidently probes some of THE BLACK CROWES' most mature, thoughtful work.

The "Band" sessions contain 10 songs including a different version of the B-side "Peace Anyway", plus "If It Ever Stops Raining", a song that would become the title track to the 1999 album "By Your Side". The compilation also spotlights the taut riff rock of "Paint An 8", the windblown ache of "Wyoming & Me" along with the freaky-longhaired-Mother Earth grooves of "Another Roadside Tragedy", "Grinnin" and "Life Vest".

Paul Stacey has remixed all of the music on "The Lost Crowes", which also includes liner notes spotlighting the stories behind these legendary lost sessions as told by the Robinsons.

THE BLACK CROWES released its first home video, "Who Killed That Bird Out On Your Window Sill", in 1992 while touring for the band’s sophomore album. Rhino Home Video will release a remastered and expanded version of the video on DVD that features live performances, interviews, backstage and studio footage, videos from the group's first two albums, and additional bonus features.

"The Lost Crowes" track listing:

Disc 1: The Band Sessions

01. Paint An 8
    02. Grinnin
    03. If It Ever Stops Raining
    04. Wyoming & Me
    05. Predictable
    06. Never Forget This Song
    07. Life Vest
    08. Another Roadside Tragedy
    09. My Heart's Killing Me
    10. Peace Anyway

Disc 2: The Tall Sessions

01. A Conspiracy
    02. Evil Eye
    03. Cursed Diamond
    04. London P25
    05. Dirty Hair Halo
    06. Hi-Head Blues
    07. Feathers
    08. Nonfiction
    09. Tied Up And Swallowed
    10. Wiser Time
    11. Sunday Buttermilk Waltz
    12. Descending
    13. Lowdown
    14. Tornado
    15. Songs Of The Flesh
    16. Thunderstorm 6:54

Last Online

12.09.19 @ 02:07 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamIsOver
    THE BLACK CROWES Go Into The Vault For 'The Lost Crowes' - June 1, 2006

Twice THE BLACK CROWES have recorded albums that were never officially released: "Tall" in 1993 and "Band" in 1997. While a few songs from these lost albums were re-recorded and released on studio albums, many have emerged only through the band's legendary live shows. THE BLACK CROWES recently went into the vault, collecting the best moments from those abandoned sessions for a special treat for their longtime fans. Titled "The Lost Crowes", it is a two-disc set of unreleased music that has been remixed for its public debut on Rhino. The compilation will be available August 29 at all retail outlets and at www.rhino.com for a suggested retail price of $24.98. The same day, the band's 1992 home video, "Who Killed That Bird Out On Your Window Sill", will make its DVD debut on Rhino Home Video for a suggested retail price of $14.99.

In fall of 1993 vocalist Chris Robinson, guitarists Rich Robinson and Marc Ford, drummer Steve Gorman, bassist Johnny Colt, and keyboardist Ed Harsch recorded more than 30 songs at Conway Studios in Los Angeles. Working on the follow-up to "Southern Harmony And Musical Companion", the band descended into an emotional, startlingly heavy creative patch that became a stepping-stone to the 1994 album, "Amorica".

Named after an old jazz term for getting high, the "Tall" sessions contain a total of 16 unreleased tracks that offer an unflinching glimpse into rough and beautiful music born from turmoil and tension. "The Lost Crowes" includes early versions of seven "Amorica" songs such as "A Conspiracy", "Descending", "Wiser Time" and "Cursed Diamond". The collection also features the undiscovered classics "Tied Up And Swallowed", "Feathers", "Thunderstorm 654" and "Lowdown", a sad lost anthem that became "Ballad In Urgency".

Four years later, the band came off the road after headlining the Furthur Festival and went into a Nashville studio to record songs for a planned follow-up to 1996's acclaimed "Three Snakes & One Charm". Where "Tall" thrives on the mayhem of their young Los Angeles days, "Band" confidently probes some of THE BLACK CROWES' most mature, thoughtful work.

The "Band" sessions contain 10 songs including a different version of the B-side "Peace Anyway", plus "If It Ever Stops Raining", a song that would become the title track to the 1999 album "By Your Side". The compilation also spotlights the taut riff rock of "Paint An 8", the windblown ache of "Wyoming & Me" along with the freaky-longhaired-Mother Earth grooves of "Another Roadside Tragedy", "Grinnin" and "Life Vest".

Paul Stacey has remixed all of the music on "The Lost Crowes", which also includes liner notes spotlighting the stories behind these legendary lost sessions as told by the Robinsons.

THE BLACK CROWES released its first home video, "Who Killed That Bird Out On Your Window Sill", in 1992 while touring for the band’s sophomore album. Rhino Home Video will release a remastered and expanded version of the video on DVD that features live performances, interviews, backstage and studio footage, videos from the group's first two albums, and additional bonus features.

"The Lost Crowes" track listing:

Disc 1: The Band Sessions

01. Paint An 8
    02. Grinnin
    03. If It Ever Stops Raining
    04. Wyoming & Me
    05. Predictable
    06. Never Forget This Song
    07. Life Vest
    08. Another Roadside Tragedy
    09. My Heart's Killing Me
    10. Peace Anyway

Disc 2: The Tall Sessions

01. A Conspiracy
    02. Evil Eye
    03. Cursed Diamond
    04. London P25
    05. Dirty Hair Halo
    06. Hi-Head Blues
    07. Feathers
    08. Nonfiction
    09. Tied Up And Swallowed
    10. Wiser Time
    11. Sunday Buttermilk Waltz
    12. Descending
    13. Lowdown
    14. Tornado
    15. Songs Of The Flesh
    16. Thunderstorm 6:54
    This is awesome news! Except.... where's "Exit" and "Fear Years"? : Those are the 2 tracks I really want! They are just outstanding! Great guitar riffs.
    The only adventures I regret
    are the ones I missed,
    and the thought of all the pretty girls
    I never tried to kiss.
    -DLR

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.10.19 @ 07:06 PM
    Liked 2,387 Times in 1,611 Posts

Default Crowes Axe Keyboardist, Push Back Album

from www.billboard.com:

August 29, 2006, 10:45 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

The Black Crowes have parted ways with longtime keyboardist Eddie Hawrysch due to unspecified "personal issues." Hawrysch has been an intergral component of the Crowes' sound for 15 years. He will be replaced on the band's fall tour by Rob Clores, whose prior credits include Jesse Malin and Blues Travelers' John Popper.

In addition, the Crowes have pushed back the planned Aug. 29 release of the double-disc rarities set "The Lost Crowes" to Sept. 26 due to "a recently discovered manufacturing error," according to a spokesperson.

Following a summer outing with Robert Randolph & the Family Band and Drive-By Truckers, the Crowes will return to the road Sept. 7 in Richmond, Va. As previously reported, the group will also perform Oct. 28 at the Vegoose festival in Las Vegas.

Here are the Black Crowes' tour dates:

Sept. 7: Richmond, Va. (Brown's Island)
    Sept. 8: Reading, Pa. (Sovereign Center)

Sept. 9: Charlottesville, Va. (Pavilion)
    Sept. 10: Raleigh, N.C. (Alltel Pavilion)
    Sept. 12: Providence, R.I. (Lupo's)
    Sept. 13: Syracuse, N.Y. (Landmark Theatre)
    Sept. 17-18: Washington, D.C. (9:30 Club)
    Sept. 20: East Lansing, Mich. (Wharton Center)
    Sept. 22: Milwaukee (Northern Lights Theatre)
    Sept. 23: Davenport, Iowa (River Roots Live)
    Sept. 24: Sioux City, Iowa (Orpheum Theatre)
    Sept. 26: Fargo, N.D. (Playmaker's)
    Sept. 27: Kansas City, Mo. (VooDoo Lounge)
    Sept. 28: Council Bluffs, Iowa (Stir Cove)
    Oct. 6: Flagstaff, Ariz. (Pine Mountain)
    Oct. 7: Lake Havasu, Ariz. (RockFest)
    Oct. 8: Cabazon, Calif. (Key Club Morongo)
    Oct. 11: Fresno, Calif. (District Fair)
    Oct. 13: Santa Cruz, Calif. (Civic Auditorium)
    Oct. 14: Kelseyville, Calif. (Konocti Field Amphitheatre)
    Oct. 15: Eureka, Calif. (Municipal Auditorium)
    Oct. 20: Atlanta (Chastain Park)
    Oct. 23: New Orleans (House of Blues)
    Oct. 24: Chaenton, La. (Cypress Bayou)
    Oct. 28: Las Vegas (Sam Boyd Stadium; Vegoose)
    Oct. 31: Chicago (Riviera Theatre)
    Nov. 2: Burlington, Vt. (Higher Ground)
    Nov. 3: Rochester, N.Y. (Main Street Armory)
    Nov. 4: Worcester, Mass. (Palladium)
    Nov. 6: Buffalo, N.Y. (Center for the Arts)
    Nov. 7: Baltimore (Ram's Head Live)
    Nov. 8: Sayreville, N.J. (Starland Ballroom)
    Nov. 12: Castaic, Calif. (Love Ride)

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

08.04.19 @ 07:31 PM
    Liked 682 Times in 325 Posts

expanded version of "Who Killed That Bird" to be released? excellent!!

Black Crowes---just one mother fuckin' kick ass rock and roll band
    Eat Us and Smile!

Last Online

02.01.18 @ 10:47 AM
    Liked 97 Times in 62 Posts

their new dvd is filmed so cheesy. this band does rule though but wow i cant believe how insanely cheesy their new dvd is. its like standard tv filming, awkward showing the crowd moments and this 8mm random footage in between. i cant even watch it without laughing at how stupid its filmed. and plus those gross backup singers singing all i need is some remedy makes me want to barf.

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

That sucks that Weird Ed won't be around anymore...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

I've never been a Crowes fan and don't own any of the albums but I will say that "My morning song" is probably one of my all time favourite rock tunes.
    Never knew they had even broken up or were still a band, just not in touch at all, but just for that one song, I have the utmost respect for them.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.19 @ 07:54 AM
    Liked 219 Times in 115 Posts

well as far as the album being held back, not true, I bought it yesterday at HMV. Excellent, very meaty.

Oh and as far as the new dvd, yeah it's pretty cheesy but a full 150 minute concert with a wicked setlist makes up for it (imo)
    Last edited by sinner's swing; 08.30.06 at 03:29 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

08.04.19 @ 07:31 PM
    Liked 682 Times in 325 Posts

goddamn, I love the Black Crowes

just gotta be the ONLY band out there today playing good ole rock n' fuckin' roll.

and I loved the first go around of "who killed that bird"--I mean their smoking joints and doing whippits
    they mix up their shows every night

you get a good mix of originals, rarities, "hits", covers, "first time played' tracks every night.

I think i must have downloaded 30 shows from their 2005 tour at bt.etree!

I got this show from Instant Live downloaded the other day from 6-28-06 and they smoke on "Don't Do it"

they don't give a shit about being the biggest anything. hell, they haven't done an interview since they got back together for this recent "revival'

I can't stress enough how cool it is that they change up their selists every night. that's probably why Van Halen burned out at the end of every tour over the past 10 years or so. I mean shit, how fucked in the head would you be if you played the same 16 songs every night in the same order?

i don't give one shit about the Crowes playing theaters for 2k people. everyone in those shows are getting the best rock n' roll experience they'll probably ever get.

just great funky rock

I hate to hear about Ed. They do have a revolving door of a few guys which kinda sucks.

I recommend everyone go over to bt.etree and download some shows!
    http://bt.etree.org/index.php
    Eat Us and Smile!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Right on! Sadly, they are one of the few great live rock-n-roll bands left. They give the fans more than their moneys' worth at every show. Sucks about Ed, though. I always dug his playing.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by sinner's swing
    well as far as the album being held back, not true, I bought it yesterday at HMV. Excellent, very meaty.

Oh and as far as the new dvd, yeah it's pretty cheesy but a full 150 minute concert with a wicked setlist makes up for it (imo)
    Just picked up my copy of "Lost Crowes", too. The manufacturing error is the fact that they screen printed the labels for the two discs wrong - the Tall Sessions disc has the printing on it for the Band Sessions disc and vice versa. The musics FREAKIN' GREAT, though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

06.22.15 @ 03:18 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by hain23x

I can't stress enough how cool it is that they change up their selists every night. that's probably why Van Halen burned out at the end of every tour over the past 10 years or so. I mean shit, how fucked in the head would you be if you played the same 16 songs every night in the same order?
    It is cool and they are one of my favorite bands, but it's the double edged sword...

When they played here a few months ago, it was all hippy-ed out gospel music... I didn't enjoy it at all...

Two nights later they play a set list I'd give my left nut for....

Oh well.
    not another dime from me, fellas...

tinzen

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default FUCK!

First Ed, now Marc! Read it and weep:
    http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth....wsitemID=57858
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj