Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: TESLA

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:47 AM
    Liked 1,224 Times in 444 Posts

Default TESLA

dated: Aug. 14, 1997

One such ambition of particular local interest is his quest to reunite Sacramento's own hard-rock outfit, Tesla.

"This is what I'm trying to do: I'm trying to get Tesla back together and get 'em to do my whole West Coast tour with me, 'cuz I really like those guys," he said. "They're from Sacramento, and if they will come on tour with me, we'll move it to a bigger place.

"I'm on this mission, and I want the Sacramento people to know it, and I want those guys to know it. I want those guys to go back in the studio and do a record, and next summer, I want to do a whole tour with them. We'll do a shed tour; we'll kill 'em."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

10.07.17 @ 04:05 PM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Sam?

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

10.18.17 @ 07:49 AM
    Liked 191 Times in 86 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Sometime last year I think, I bought the new album. It's uhhhhhhh ok at best, not as good as their previous work. JMO

Last Online

05.06.08 @ 10:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Tesla

TESLA PLANS ACOUSTIC TOUR IN EARLY 2005

FAN-FRIENDLY 'FIVE MAN ACOUSTICAL JAM 2005' SHOWS TO INCLUDE SPECIAL CONTESTS AND SONGS VOTED ON AT TESLA'S WEB SITE

Tesla continues to support their latest studio album, 'Into The Now,' by hitting the road in early 2005 for a special acoustic tour, which will also serve to commemorate the 15th anniversary of their groundbreaking album 'Five Man Acoustical Jam.' Each show on the 'Five Man Acoustical Jam 2005' tour will be an evening with Tesla. There is no opening act.

Vocalist Jeff Keith, guitarist Frank Hannon, guitarist Tommy Skeoch, bass guitarist Brian Wheat and drummer Troy Luccketta will play full two-hour sets loaded with classic hits, covers and new favorites from 'Into The Now' including "Caught In A Dream" and the current single "What A Shame."

This is also a fan-appreciation tour. In each city, the sponsoring radio station will conduct two special contests:
    (1) A handful of winners will get to sit on stage for the entire show; and
    (2) One winner will actually perform one song with the band and, in select cities, receive a Gibson electric guitar too. The radio stations will be responsible for auditioning finalists so the winner has at least basic vocal and/or instrumental skills.

Fans will also get to help select the set lists by visiting Tesla's official web site -- www.teslatheband.com -- and voting for the songs they want to hear (coming soon). Big hits like "Modern Day Cowboy," "Little Suzi," "Heaven's Trail (No Way Out)," "Love Song" and "Signs" are sure to earn votes alongside classic favorites that fans may not have heard in a long time and recent covers like Black Sabbath's "War Pigs" and Queen's "We Will Rock You."

This tour is a logical extension of the handful of Hard Rock Cafe acoustic promotional performances Keith, Hannon and Skeoch completed in early 2004 prior to the release of 'Into The Now' and a lengthy run of "electric" dates by the full band.

DATE CITY VENUE
    Sunday, February 20th Killington, VT Pickle Barrel
    Wednesday, February 23rd Poughkeepsie, NY The Chance
    Saturday, February 26th Hartford, CT Webster Theatre
    Sunday, February 27th Boston, MA Avalon
    Tuesday, March 1st New York, NY Irving Plaza
    Wednesday, March 2nd Sayreville, NJ Starland Ballroom
    Saturday, March 5th Westbury, NY Westbury Music Fair

For tour itinerary updates or to vote for songs for the band to play at these special acoustic concerts, visit www.teslatheband.com.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 09:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Tesla is a great band that hasn't lost a step. Their newest album "Into The Now" is probably my favorite album of 2004, solid, no nonsense rock, no bullshit. Click it and buy it!

Here's the latest on them:

TESLA To Headline STATION FAMILY FUND Benefit Concert - Jan. 13, 2005

TESLA, SHINEDOWN and VANILLA FUDGE (featuring Pat Travers and Carmine Appice) will take part in a benefit concert on February 25 for the survivors of the Station nightclub fire. The event, which will be hosted by the Wake Up the Love Foundation, will be held at the Providence Performing Arts Center in Providence, Rhode Island.

The benefit marks the second anniversary of the tragic fire that went down as the country's fourth largest. The fire at the Station nightclub in West Warwick, Rhode Island claimed the lives of 100 people, injured 200 others, and left 65 children without one or both parents. Two years later there are still no adequate funds for the families of the victims, or the numerous survivors that attempt to live with physical impairments. There are only 15 survivors that qualified for Social Security benefits, but many of those can't come close to meeting their monthly needs. Although many civil suits have been launched over this tragedy, it will be 5-10 years before any of the cases make it to court.

All proceeds from tickets sales and charity auctions will benefit the Station Family Fund, a non-profit charitable organization that was founded by survivors and family members affected by the Station nightclub fire. The organization provides immediate, short-term relief and services as well as long-term support and serves the needs of the survivors' and victims' families that may arise in the future. The Station Family Fund's goal, through community outreach, is to alleviate any financial hardships that may be incurred so that survivors' and victims' families may focus on their long, emotional, and spiritual healing process. A portion of the proceeds will also benefit The Doc Fund in memory of Michael "Doc" Gonsalves by WHJY who is a sponsor of the event.

Tickets for this event will go on-sale Saturday January 15. They can be purchased at the Providence Performing Arts Center web site, www.ppacri.org , in person at the PPAC box office, or by telephone at (401) 421-ARTS (2787).

Favorite VH Album

OU812 (see my bio for other)
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

10.02.17 @ 06:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod
    dated: Aug. 14, 1997

One such ambition of particular local interest is his quest to reunite Sacramento's own hard-rock outfit, Tesla.

"This is what I'm trying to do: I'm trying to get Tesla back together and get 'em to do my whole West Coast tour with me, 'cuz I really like those guys," he said. "They're from Sacramento, and if they will come on tour with me, we'll move it to a bigger place.

"I'm on this mission, and I want the Sacramento people to know it, and I want those guys to know it. I want those guys to go back in the studio and do a record, and next summer, I want to do a whole tour with them. We'll do a shed tour; we'll kill 'em."
    To answer your question, they released their first studio album since 1994 in 2004, but they started touring again in 2001. They put out a double-live album from that 2001 tour (and a subsequent single live album of select songs from this album) called Replugged Live.

Favorite VH Album

OU812 (see my bio for other)
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

10.02.17 @ 06:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpaw
    Tesla is a great band that hasn't lost a step. Their newest album "Into The Now" is probably my favorite album of 2004, solid, no nonsense rock, no bullshit. Click it and buy it!

FYI, I agree. This is a fantastic album. Probably the best one an 1980's band has made a comeback with.

Thanks for the info on the tour Greenpaw. A buddy of mine saw that tickets for Boston go on sale tomorrow.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 08:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Tesla is one of my favorite bands since they stick to their rock and roll roots/beliefs. I saw them in Peoria supporting their Into the Now album, I believe it was their 3rd show....and it totally ROCKED!
    Into the Now is a fav of mine for about 6 months now..lots of great music on that C.D.! I have seen them 5 times in concert and one of my favorite "rock" memories are getting an autograph from Jeff Keith on a Monopoly "get out of jail free" card that I had in my wallet as a joke during high school. He laughed his ass off and carried on to sing No Easy Way Out. Kind of a cool thing to happen to me 15 years ago as a "punk kid".
    It's also cool that they are still rocking!
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 09:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Heading to Johnson City, NY (near Binghamton) to see Tesla tonight.

one the shows on the "Five Man Acoustical Jam 2005" tour

No Opening act

Tesla continues to support their latest studio album, 'Into The Now,' by hitting the road in early 2005 for a special acoustic tour, which will also serve to commemorate the 15th anniversary of their groundbreaking album 'Five Man Acoustical Jam.' Each show on the 'Five Man Acoustical Jam 2005' tour will be an evening with Tesla. There is no opening act.

Vocalist Jeff Keith, guitarist Frank Hannon, guitarist Tommy Skeoch, bass guitarist Brian Wheat and drummer Troy Luccketta will play full two-hour sets loaded with classic hits, covers and new favorites from 'Into The Now' including "Caught In A Dream" and the current single "What A Shame."
    Fans will also get to help select the set lists by visiting Tesla's official web site -- www.teslatheband.com -- and voting for the songs they want to hear. Big hits like "Modern Day Cowboy," "Little Suzi," "Heaven's Trail (No Way Out)," "Love Song" and "Signs" are sure to earn votes alongside classic favorites that fans may not have heard in a long time and recent covers like Black Sabbath's "War Pigs" and Queen's "We Will Rock You."
    “I made some mistakes tonight but we sing and play our f***ing instruments. Accept no substitute “ Tom Petty at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center July 3, 2002

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 02:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

I started to get tickets for that myself. But with Vai, Soul Sirkus and Sammy, I'm all tapped out right now. I heard Tesla puts on a great show too, so I know I'm gonna be kickin myself for missin em.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

01.25.09 @ 06:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw them last november opening for the scorpions
    "I'm late to everything. I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half hour late and says on the side, like in gold, 'Sorry I'm Late'." - Axl Rose

Can You Feel It, See It, Hear It Today
    If You Can't, Then It Doesn't Matter Anyway

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 09:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Default A little Tesla News

I'm usually not thrilled with Cover albums, but I know TESLA can deliver the goods as far as cover songs. They do a great version of "Rock the Nation" and "The Ocean" as well as Signs and the few others they've done over the years....

TESLA To Release Covers Album - Apr. 17, 2005 Taking time from the band's current "Five Man Acoustical Jam 2005" tour, TESLA vocalist Jeff Keith spoke with "The Hairball John Radio Show". Keith talked extensively about the current tour and how the band began in the late Eighties. Jeff gave invaluable insight regarding some of his favorite tours, songs, and memories from the TESLA years. In addressing plans for 2005, Jeff mentioned more touring and a possible covers album.

Hairball John: Jeff, you mentioned that you were planning on more tour dates for the summer and fall. Are you guys planning on plugging in and hitting the tour circuit electrically?

Jeff Keith: "Yeah, you know they're talking about us doing some summer dates, electrically. But in April and May we are going to try and head back towards the West Coast and end it (the acoustic tour) back at home or something like that. But we are definitely talking about some more dates this summer and fall, electrically, and then maybe putting together a covers album and that would possibly tide some of the fans over until we can put together another studio record. For TESLA it takes at least a year and a half, from the start of writing ‘til the end to finish recording a studio record, so we are going to buy ourselves a little time with that and have some fun with it. too."

Favorite VH Album

Women And Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.30.06 @ 09:32 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Awesome! I'll have to check it out

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 10:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

For awesome, check out Replugged Live, now THAT's AWESOME!!
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic, Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jizzo
    I saw them last november opening for the scorpions

me too at Universal, they were ok, im not a big Tesla fan though... Scorpions blew them away... damn that drummer was awesome
    "And I used to wonder why, then later i realized, cuz he's Eddie Fuckin Van Halen!"
    -Michael Ian Black on VH1's I Love the 80s as to why Eddie Van Halen is always smiling.