Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48

Thread: 5150 Marshall

  1. #1
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    03.12.04
    Posts
    1,584
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Likes
    10
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

    Default 5150 Marshall

    I don't know if anyone else noticed this yet, but in the Feb issue of Guitar World, on pg 34, there is a page on some band called The Haunted. I've never heard of them before, but in the little yellow axology box outlining their gear, under amps it says Marshall 5150 signature series. WTF? What up with dat? Anyone shed some light?

  2. #2
    Eruption DaleT's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.01.04
    Age
    54
    Location
    N. Myrtle Beach SC
    Posts
    1,095
    Last Online

    12.26.11 @ 07:47 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vhin04
    I don't know if anyone else noticed this yet, but in the Feb issue of Guitar World, on pg 34, there is a page on some band called The Haunted. I've never heard of them before, but in the little yellow axology box outlining their gear, under amps it says Marshall 5150 signature series. WTF? What up with dat? Anyone shed some light?
    Yea, before the old boards went down there was a thread on this. The word is that supposedly there is an EVH signature series Marshall 5150 in the works, and there are a few prototypes currently out and being tested by the Haunted and a few other bands.

    Nothing has actually been confirmed, as far as I know, as of yet.

  3. #3
    Baluchitherium VanHalenMetallica's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.13.02
    Age
    32
    Location
    En Mi Casa,California
    Posts
    4,470
    Favorite VH Album

    VH 1,Balance,FW,1984,FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

    Not a big Van Halen 3 fan
    Last Online

    04.30.08 @ 04:06 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I read that part too,and I remember there was a topic about this in the old boards.Hope the amp is good,and affordable
    The question is not, "Does love exist?"
    But when she leaves, where she goes?
    I got the feelin' she don't know either
    Wait like the wind, watch where she blows

  4. #4
    Hot For Teacher Trennasol's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.19.00
    Location
    Roanoke Virginia USA
    Posts
    280
    Last Online

    01.15.07 @ 05:34 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenMetallica
    I read that part too,and I remember there was a topic about this in the old boards.Hope the amp is good,and affordable
    Well, I think that depends on what you consider affordable. Look what Charvel is charging for a one pickup Strat with EVH's trademarked paintjob.
    If this amp does turn out to be the real deal, I imagine we'll be looking at a $2000 or more head. I'm betting on the more part btw.

  5. #5
    Eruption
    Join Date
    02.23.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    712
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained & Romeo Delight
    Last Online

    04.07.16 @ 01:19 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    If its more-
    It had better be LESS nosiy than the Peavey was... -Red43J
    Eddie must think I'm a BOZO to want to drop THAT much on one of his new Charvel Guitars!

  6. #6
    Top Of The World brat's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.28.99
    Location
    Utrecht, Holland
    Posts
    146
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Push Comes To Shove
    Last Online

    05.17.17 @ 01:34 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I think there might be a mistake here. Marshall used to have an amp or speaker which was called 5150. But that's pure coincidence.

  7. #7
    Unchained tim5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.11.03
    Location
    Norn Ireland
    Posts
    439
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean street, 5150
    Last Online

    11.03.05 @ 07:02 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DaleT
    Yea, before the old boards went down there was a thread on this. The word is that supposedly there is an EVH signature series Marshall 5150 in the works, and there are a few prototypes currently out and being tested by the Haunted and a few other bands.

    Nothing has actually been confirmed, as far as I know, as of yet.
    Yeah right dood! Like Ed is really gonna allow prototypes of his new amp to be used on tour by some unknown band!

    If anyone is gonna test it it'll be Ed himself and then and only then will it be released to the general public and for bands like The Haunted? to go out and buy one or a dozen like the rest of us.

    Since when has Marshall given unknown bands free gear to trash? And especially free gear which happens to be an Ed Van Halen prototype!

    I heard Dave Lee Roths old guitarist tested the Peavey 5150s before Ed was allowed to get his hands on them........
    Early music made heavy use of the Church modes, which were later organized due to their relationship to the interval pattern of the major scale. The modern conception of modal scales describes a system where each mode is the usual diatonic scale, but with a different starting note. Modes came back into favour some time later in the development of jazz (modal jazz) and more contemporary 20th century music. Much folk music is also best analysed in terms of modes. For example, in Irish traditional music the ionian, dorian, aeolian and mixolydian modes occur (in roughly decreasing order of frequency); the phrygian mode is an important part of the flamenco sound. The Brown Sound popularised by and identified with the music of Edward Van halen displays a distinct lack of respect for any form of music modality - its straight ahead balls to the wall good ol' fashioned rawk and roll......

  8. #8
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    05.05.04
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,684
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

    mean street
    Last Online

    02.26.17 @ 05:10 PM
    Likes
    42
    Liked 68 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tim5150
    Yeah right dood! Like Ed is really gonna allow prototypes of his new amp to be used on tour by some unknown band!

    If anyone is gonna test it it'll be Ed himself and then and only then will it be released to the general public and for bands like The Haunted? to go out and buy one or a dozen like the rest of us.

    Since when has Marshall given unknown bands free gear to trash? And especially free gear which happens to be an Ed Van Halen prototype!

    I heard Dave Lee Roths old guitarist tested the Peavey 5150s before Ed was allowed to get his hands on them........
    i don't see how this is that strange...WHEN THE HELL IS ED GOING TO ROAD TEST THE NEW AMPS? 2015?
    let's be real...EVH was GOD

    Runnin' might put too much focus on the fact that there's a little kid on bass - knuck

    I see three bona fide ROCK GODS, and then somebody's kid. - CaboTime

  9. #9
    Romeo Delight cobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.08.03
    Age
    45
    Posts
    48
    Favorite VH Album

    ou812
    Favorite VH Song

    cabo wabo
    Last Online

    07.22.12 @ 11:50 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default marshall 5150

    i am the one that started the old thread that got eliminated.I havent heard any more on the amp and my source has become a zipperlip....someone may have contacted him and told him too keep quiet or quit spreading rummors. In my post i did mention the name of the store where he worked(not a good idea) and the name of a famous guitarist that was suposedly "road testing" these amps.Being that this famous guitarist is not with us anymore and cant speak for himself, i feel like an A-hole for mentioning his name when i didnt have %100 proof. From now on i am not going to reveal my sources even if it makes my findings seem less credible.The artical in guitar world with THE HAUNTED does make you wonder though.....

  10. #10
    Romeo Delight ebmmquilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.05
    Posts
    48
    Last Online

    03.19.05 @ 01:48 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    if the marshal thing does happen they WILL be expensive! like was said before, look at the prices of the new charvels!! he is in it for the $$$ now...getting close to retirement, gotta pay for the kiddies college!!!
    Rock 'N Roll Never Forgets.....

    EBMM EVH Quilt top
    '79 LP Custom Silverburst
    '97 Ace Frehley LP Custom
    '86 USA Kramer Baretta
    #708 Wechter Pathmaker Acoustic

  11. #11
    Eruption mk5's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.15.04
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    738
    Favorite VH Album

    5150 & 1984
    Last Online

    04.30.16 @ 03:52 PM
    Likes
    4
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobias
    i am the one that started the old thread that got eliminated.I havent heard any more on the amp and my source has become a zipperlip....someone may have contacted him and told him too keep quiet or quit spreading rummors. In my post i did mention the name of the store where he worked(not a good idea) and the name of a famous guitarist that was suposedly "road testing" these amps.Being that this famous guitarist is not with us anymore and cant speak for himself, i feel like an A-hole for mentioning his name when i didnt have %100 proof. From now on i am not going to reveal my sources even if it makes my findings seem less credible.The artical in guitar world with THE HAUNTED does make you wonder though.....
    You shouldn't feel bad, dude. You threw out so many plugs in your post that EVH, Marshall, the HAUNTED and the guitar store should give you a kickback. You've exposed this information (however true it may be) to a wide audience and created a buzz. That's EXACTLY what a manufacturer wants because buzz=interest=trips to the guitar store=sales=$$profit.

    I wouldn't be feeling guilty one bit!

    I used to work at a Guitar store and talk extensively w/ a Peavey Rep. Well, before he got Charvel, Eddie (back in about 2001) was going to do Peavey "Art" Guitars. Obviously, something fell through along the way and he did it with Charvel. I posted the Peavey Art thing in a forum and I came out looking like a dumbass because it never materialized.
    Last edited by mk5; 01.12.05 at 07:28 AM.
    How open-minded do I have to be before my brains start spilling out?

  12. #12
    Little Dreamer PV Wolfgang's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.05.04
    Posts
    18
    Last Online

    07.05.05 @ 02:35 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Marshall did make a combo in the 1980s with the model number 5150, it first came out in 1987, its got a solid state power section, a 2x12" speaker config. It was also available in a head format with the model # 3315. Both were discontinued in 1991 as were too expensive to make and never really sold.

    Info from the history of Marshall amps book by Michael Doyle.

  13. #13
    Eruption DaleT's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.01.04
    Age
    54
    Location
    N. Myrtle Beach SC
    Posts
    1,095
    Last Online

    12.26.11 @ 07:47 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tim5150
    Yeah right dood! Like Ed is really gonna allow prototypes of his new amp to be used on tour by some unknown band!

    If anyone is gonna test it it'll be Ed himself and then and only then will it be released to the general public and for bands like The Haunted? to go out and buy one or a dozen like the rest of us.

    Since when has Marshall given unknown bands free gear to trash? And especially free gear which happens to be an Ed Van Halen prototype!

    I heard Dave Lee Roths old guitarist tested the Peavey 5150s before Ed was allowed to get his hands on them........
    Exuuuuse me! ... I didn't make the shit up and pull it out of my ass. I basically transcribed a post from the old boards by cobias to the best of my memory, when the guy brought the subject up. Fricken' chill.

  14. #14
    Unchained tim5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.11.03
    Location
    Norn Ireland
    Posts
    439
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean street, 5150
    Last Online

    11.03.05 @ 07:02 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Anyone can stick a 5150 badge on a marsdhall to confuse people! This thread should be in speculation/rumour mill! Why the hell would Ed let some unknowns have first go at a new amp. He doesn't need to be on tur either to test it. I'm sure he's got plenty of space and time at his 5150 studios to do this. Point his Ed and Marshall would (if this is true) develop, test the amp until Ed thinks it is just as he wants it. he ain't gonna find that out by some high school bandtrashing his new amp on stage throughout the states!

    Peace.
    Early music made heavy use of the Church modes, which were later organized due to their relationship to the interval pattern of the major scale. The modern conception of modal scales describes a system where each mode is the usual diatonic scale, but with a different starting note. Modes came back into favour some time later in the development of jazz (modal jazz) and more contemporary 20th century music. Much folk music is also best analysed in terms of modes. For example, in Irish traditional music the ionian, dorian, aeolian and mixolydian modes occur (in roughly decreasing order of frequency); the phrygian mode is an important part of the flamenco sound. The Brown Sound popularised by and identified with the music of Edward Van halen displays a distinct lack of respect for any form of music modality - its straight ahead balls to the wall good ol' fashioned rawk and roll......

  15. #15
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    05.05.04
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,684
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

    mean street
    Last Online

    02.26.17 @ 05:10 PM
    Likes
    42
    Liked 68 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tim5150
    Anyone can stick a 5150 badge on a marsdhall to confuse people! This thread should be in speculation/rumour mill! Why the hell would Ed let some unknowns have first go at a new amp. He doesn't need to be on tur either to test it. I'm sure he's got plenty of space and time at his 5150 studios to do this. Point his Ed and Marshall would (if this is true) develop, test the amp until Ed thinks it is just as he wants it. he ain't gonna find that out by some high school bandtrashing his new amp on stage throughout the states!

    Peace.
    yeah he is... the amp needs to be road tested...
    let's be real...EVH was GOD

    Runnin' might put too much focus on the fact that there's a little kid on bass - knuck

    I see three bona fide ROCK GODS, and then somebody's kid. - CaboTime

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Marshall 5150
    By funky plastic in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11.05.05, 06:43 AM
  2. Marshall 5150 (again)
    By Eddie's Little Monster in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05.07.05, 07:31 PM
  3. The Marshall 5150 is a lie!! (apparently)
    By timstar in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02.22.05, 04:35 PM
  4. Marshall power brake / 5150 combo
    By Space Tape in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07.31.02, 11:44 PM
  5. Marshall or 5150?
    By BigBubba in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05.04.01, 04:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •