Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies/Mean Street
    Last Online

10.06.16 @ 02:37 AM
    Liked 102 Times in 43 Posts

Default Louisville, July 6

Best day of my life... no kiddin'
    A couple months before hand me and mah best friend Wes decide to go to the Van Halen. Just being casual listeners, I decide to go out and by Best of Volume 1. After all, I already knew Panama, Jump, Why Can't This be Love, and Hot For Teacher by heart. So the Date Says July 7.....a week after we bought our tickets, the date is removed. RE-Fucking-MOVED. Later in the week, it comes back up reposted for the 6th, the first day of summer school. Oh well. The day arrives, my car being in the shop, Wes rides with me and my dad. We chill at my house, and listen to When It's Love and Dreams(I didn't even know it was Van Halen, but i remembered it from the radio) when all of a sudden a huge Tornadic-like thunderstorn hits. And its alread SIX!. When we get there I but a shirt and Wes and I joke about how during the concert, what if Dave flew in on wires and said "Have no fear mah little friends, for Dave is here to save jew!"...yeah, so Silvertide comes on and kicks, for longer than I would've expected, but rocked none the last. From the time of 7:30 til Van Halen came on I pissed no less than 4 times.
    It gets dark.... a guitar wails, the fatman himself screams "Heeellllloooo Baaaaabbbeeeee" and time has come to rock my socks. Jump starts and the lights hit me in the face like a man with a mullet hits his wife....HARD. Through the course of the night I stood there in perpetual aww..then some guy lifted his prostectic leg up for Sam to sign... but in the back of my mind kept wondering...are they gonna play Panama. They leave....there is sadness.... the BOOM! Don't ask me how I knew, but when the drummin started, I was already in my mind goin' panama oh oh oh oh oh..... but the funniest moment of the night, was when Hagar gives the mike to this dude who doest know whats happenin, then he gives it to an older guy...about mid 50's who says, and I quote "It's a little hot tonight", in the most normal way a person could ever say it. Like hey man how are you?, "it's a little hot"
    When It's Love tooks us on home. A tear came to my eye as you are allowed three during a ballad, two on the side, and one final tear that drips at the very end. I remember seeing everyone doin the Van Hagar sign thing, me and Wes knda shrugged and did it to, then I goes"does this look a vagina to you or what?", Wes say's "I can't hear you over the sound of Van Halen being awesome!"
    Set List:
    Humans Being
    Up for Breakfast
    Mad Antonio Solo
    Somebody Get Mike a Doctor
    It's About Time
    Alex Solo
    Top Of The World
    Why Can't This Be Love
    Sammy Solo
    Seventh Seal
    Best Of Both Worlds
    Edward Solo
    Ain't Talking 'Bout Love
    Right Now

You Really Got Me
    When It's Love
    My band Two Sly Deuce just released our first single from our upcoming album. Go here and feel free to download or stream for free. Or donate if you'd like.

Van Halen Reunion Tour
    Louisville, Kentucky July 6th, 2004
    "It's a little hot in here tonight!"

Van Halen 2012 Tour
    Louisville, Kentucky February 28th, 2012

Assistant Director of Personnel
    The 3 Brigade

Favorite VH Album

Best of Both Worlds
    Favorite VH Song

When It's Love or Poundcake
    Last Online

10.09.07 @ 04:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Louisville

Yea, I was there too, had 3rd row seats, my first VH show as well. It was a fantastic show. I actually live behind the Seelbach where the band stayed, so I got home as soon as possible and tried to hang around the bar and lobby, but they had already gotten there before I had and they were hanging out in the private Al Capone bar...I had just missed them. I'm glad that you enjoyed the was an awesome tour!

01.13.07 @ 10:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was 22 rows back and the guys next to me and my dad (my consert buddy, how lame!) looked pissed cause I just screamed all through it and didn't know the words to some Sam songs (I'll admit it, I was a Rothtard then!). But yeah, great consert, but if I knew that they were staying at the Steelbach, I would've begged dad to let me go and get an autograph and hang out with them (yeah, right)!
    So you broke down, trying to leave town, I broke down crying on your return. You left me feeling hopeful, I'll never see your face again. You made for a bad lover's liver. You stole all the covers and busted my head. You made me such an asshole, I wish we'd never met. I'm tired of being bored. I'm through with the headaches. Hiding my hands that tremble like earthquakes. Under the table, under the daytime sky, Good Fucking Bye- Good Fucking Bye, Alkaline Trio

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

07.10.16 @ 04:31 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Damn that was funny

Infinite Cactus, that may be the funniest post I have ever read here. The part about the tears made me spit out my drink.
    Right on!