Register
    Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default ST Louis Shows 7-28 and 7-29

Wanna re-create the threads lost from the STL shows.. Anyone go and have any comments on the shows?? I went 5* on 7-29 and it was personally a once in a life time experience!!!..C'mon STL.... lets do Sammy proud!!
    Last edited by axebrian; 01.08.05 at 08:44 PM. Reason: typo
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Don't Tell Me
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 06:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I went to both shows and really had a good time. The first night was almost overwhelming because I had never seen Van halen in concert before and didn't want to miss anything. I was also in the sixth row on Eddie's side. The second night I was in the 29th row. Both nights were a good time that I won't soon forget. I thought it was funny when the drill screwed up on the "Poundcake" intro on the second night. I don't know if I would go two nights in a row again, but it was worth it in the summer of 2004. I hope they tour again soon. I had seen Sammy live several times with the Wabos and thought he did a good job with the VH songs at those shows, but there is nothing like hearing the songs with Eddie and Alex on stage.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Isn't it obvious?
    Last Online

09.13.06 @ 09:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First St. Louis show was my only 5 star. Wow!!!!! Had been to Indy and Chicago (back of floor both times). This was soooooooo worth it! First row, baby!!!!!!!! Off on Eddy's side, but just incredible beyond belief. Just wish I'd been close enough to touch him!
    Honey, I ain't through with you!

GO ILLINI!!!!!!!

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

My 5* STL 7-29 review.
    I want to say first that I'm a native of the STL area but moved to Texas about 3 years ago.
    My wife and I drove back to STL (750 Miles) for the VH 5* Experience. There were I believe around 90? people there at (4:00). Everyone was kinda keeping to themselves waiting to get in. Hilliary came out first and told us we all had seats in the first few rows. Everyone was cheering! We got our passes and swag then went to have drinks and food. Everyone started loosening up and telling VH/Sammy stories. My wife and I sat with a dude (Tony) that flew in from CA. Pretty cool dude. I found out later that he was key in the "Rock to breathe" Concert. Anyway...After a few drinks I could hear the boys warming up and Hilliary announced it was time for soundcheck. DEFINATELY the best part. As we entered the arena, there was my hero, Eddie freakin Van Halen Standing on the stage jamming. I couldn't wait to get down there! We stood almost right in front of him!! They did Jump,Im the one,Drop Dead Legs, Runnin with the Devil and it's about Time and some others??..it's been too long ago. No Sammy. Got Mikey's sig. Ed and Al didn't sign. Ed was having electric problems with his Woflie and kinda got shocked and said "That feels kinda good"... He was feeling good. He was drinking Smoking Loon Wine but I didn't notice that he was "Too Buzzed". Wolfie kept holding a text pager or something up for Ed to read?? Anyway...Back to the party for beer and shots of Cabo, got second row tix and they raffled of some stuff.. Got Notta!..But a good buzz. After the party we chose to go to the bar instead of watching the the opening act.

The concert was awesome. I made a sign that said "We drove 750 miles to watch Van Halen Rock STL". Sammy pointed it out on the first song(You Relly got me). Just before Sammy's solo the camera dude said "hold your sign up" I did and they put it on the big screen then Sammy pointed at me and said " this guy drove 750 miles to see van halen in STL" the crowd cheered and then Sammy said "Did you get any speeding tickets my brother". That was awesome. Sammy signed my sign, my VH hat and my Wife's all acess pass right after his "Eagles Fly" solo. They did the usual set list. Ed's solo was cool and different than I'd seen before. Wolfie was there. We were standing just a few feet from ED and Wolfie when they sat down up front for 316. On the song "Best of both Worlds" Ed forgot to turn his distortion pedal (or some pedal)off in time on the intro and Sammy was laughing with him about it. That was funny!

It was definately worth the $375 a ticket for my 5* experience!
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:04 PM
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,124 Posts

Premium Member

Greatest Night of My Life

Wow....where to begin?

My friend and I drove down to Savvis with my car windows all painted with white Frankie stripes. On my back window it read: "Right Now, you might as well Jump, because it's 5150 time!!!" We tailgated across the street cooking some burgers but the best part was right here:

We walked across the street and inside to the ticket window. While we were getting our passes, from inside the stadium, I heard a sound which will stick with me for the rest of my life. I heard Eddie's guitar scream and everybody cheer from the inside. I immediately started smiling from ear to ear and my hair stood up on end. I was finally here; I was going to see Van Halen, live, in concert in St. Louis.

Having never seen VH before, I was really excited. I met some guy outside from the forums, but I can't remember what his name was. Cool guy though. Anyway, once my sister arrived from work, the 3 of us headed inside. We found our seats in the 14th row on Eddie's side and waited. Shinedown was loud and, well...loud. The best part of their set was them playing the theme from Sanford & Son right before they played. The singer had a cool voice, but the rest of the band was too loud for me to really enjoy what they were playing.

Right before the Vh took the stage, I got a free t-shirt from ILOVEALLACCESS which I later gave to my sister who was out getting me a beer at the time. Then Eddie started pumping up the crowd from behind the stage. I caught a glimpse of his hand was he was strying to get the side of the stadium to put their hands in the air. Then the lights went out and it started...oh what a great time.

I got chills when Eddie went into the solo on Jump. I got tears in my eyes during the second solo in Dreams and my hair went on end again during the drill for Poundcake.

I went the second night also with my brother. We sat in the lower bowl and it was more of the same, which was just outstanding. I can't wait for them to hit the road again.

PS: Eddie we heard you when you said: "We'll be back again, and this time it won't take so long." You better keep that promise buddy.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.22.16 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts

I went 5* for the first night. I had seen them twice already this summer, but being that close was just unbelievable. What I remember most was how awesome that soundcheck was and getting Alex and Mike to sign my 5150 cover. Begining of soundcheck, Eddie came out to center stage with the drill and asked if anyone had a screw lose? Still highlights for me:
    Humans Being, Best of Both Worlds and Don't tell me during soundcheck. I couldn't beleive how great that sounded.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

~Gilmour~On An Island~
    Favorite VH Song

The Blue->Take A Breath
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

CABOT
    U.S. PRIME
    GRADE A STAMPED
    GUARANTEED

It was kind of funny when I first heard about it being a Van Halen “reunion”
    —Michael Anthony.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

That is funny Cabot...I take it that's your work?
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

~Gilmour~On An Island~
    Favorite VH Song

The Blue->Take A Breath
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Yeah I was looking around for some original artwork to use for the ST Louis DVD and didn't find any I liked. After a simple Google, as I was looking for the Arch, I found the VHS artwork for the Movie and thought it'd be funny.

Glad you like it, I even tried looking at my local library for a copy to scan as this one was low rez, it's the best I can find so it's the best I'm gonna do.

Peace
    CABOT
    U.S. PRIME
    GRADE A STAMPED
    GUARANTEED

—Michael Anthony.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by axebrian
    My 5* STL 7-29 review.
    I want to say first that I'm a native of the STL area but moved to Texas about 3 years ago.
    My wife and I drove back to STL (750 Miles) for the VH 5* Experience. There were I believe around 90? people there at (4:00). Everyone was kinda keeping to themselves waiting to get in. Hilliary came out first and told us we all had seats in the first few rows. Everyone was cheering! We got our passes and swag then went to have drinks and food. Everyone started loosening up and telling VH/Sammy stories. My wife and I sat with a dude (Tony) that flew in from CA. Pretty cool dude. I found out later that he was key in the "Rock to breathe" Concert. Anyway...After a few drinks I could hear the boys warming up and Hilliary announced it was time for soundcheck. DEFINATELY the best part. As we entered the arena, there was my hero, Eddie freakin Van Halen Standing on the stage jamming. I couldn't wait to get down there! We stood almost right in front of him!! They did Jump,Im the one,Drop Dead Legs, Runnin with the Devil and it's about Time and some others??..it's been too long ago. No Sammy. Got Mikey's sig. Ed and Al didn't sign. Ed was having electric problems with his Woflie and kinda got shocked and said "That feels kinda good"... He was feeling good. He was drinking Smoking Loon Wine but I didn't notice that he was "Too Buzzed". Wolfie kept holding a text pager or something up for Ed to read?? Anyway...Back to the party for beer and shots of Cabo, got second row tix and they raffled of some stuff.. Got Notta!..But a good buzz. After the party we chose to go to the bar instead of watching the the opening act.

The concert was awesome. I made a sign that said "We drove 750 miles to watch Van Halen Rock STL". Sammy pointed it out on the first song(You Relly got me). Just before Sammy's solo the camera dude said "hold your sign up" I did and they put it on the big screen then Sammy pointed at me and said " this guy drove 750 miles to see van halen in STL" the crowd cheered and then Sammy said "Did you get any speeding tickets my brother". That was awesome. Sammy signed my sign, my VH hat and my Wife's all acess pass right after his "Eagles Fly" solo. They did the usual set list. Ed's solo was cool and different than I'd seen before. Wolfie was there. We were standing just a few feet from ED and Wolfie when they sat down up front for 316. On the song "Best of both Worlds" Ed forgot to turn his distortion pedal (or some pedal)off in time on the intro and Sammy was laughing with him about it. That was funny!

It was definately worth the $375 a ticket for my 5* experience!
    Here's my sign

[IMG][/IMG]
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

Last Online

12.08.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

I was there and it was definately one of the best days of my life. Remember the guy with the big orange hat?? We all laughed when they guys started wearing it on stage...on a side note, does anybody have a bootleg from the 28th??? thats the show i was at and really really want it. I know it exists from seeing it on vhboots.com but can't find it.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

~Gilmour~On An Island~
    Favorite VH Song

The Blue->Take A Breath
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

nice pic axebrian
    CABOT
    U.S. PRIME
    GRADE A STAMPED
    GUARANTEED

—Michael Anthony.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:03 PM
    Liked 852 Times in 399 Posts

Premium Member

Default 5* St. Louis

Went to both shows. First night was incredible. Crowd was insane. Second night 5* was probably the most amazing thing I've ever seen. The whole thing was perfect but going from the top steps of Savvis and seeing Ed and Wolfie way down there was amazing. A bunch of people screamed to Eddie and he looked up and raised both arms and fists. We finally get down to the front rows and there's God's gift to guitar about 10 feet in front of us. He turns around and looks at us and everybody is just in awe staring at him.

I'm front row center, I was the first one to say something. I brought our son's birth announcement to hopefully get signed. I held it up and said, "Edward, I named may son after you." He looked at me and came closer and said "What?" I said "I named my son after you." He smiled and said "What the fuck did you do that for?"

That's the closest I've ever come to meeting Eddie Van Halen. I've been a fan since I was 9 in 1984. Been seeing them in concert since 86. Watching them jam I'm the One and Runnin'... from the first row was the coolest thing I've ever witnessed.
    ...AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, GOD CREATED VAN HALEN

VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Hack
    Went to both shows. First night was incredible. Crowd was insane. Second night 5* was probably the most amazing thing I've ever seen. The whole thing was perfect but going from the top steps of Savvis and seeing Ed and Wolfie way down there was amazing. A bunch of people screamed to Eddie and he looked up and raised both arms and fists. We finally get down to the front rows and there's God's gift to guitar about 10 feet in front of us. He turns around and looks at us and everybody is just in awe staring at him.

I'm front row center, I was the first one to say something. I brought our son's birth announcement to hopefully get signed. I held it up and said, "Edward, I named may son after you." He looked at me and came closer and said "What?" I said "I named my son after you." He smiled and said "What the fuck did you do that for?"

That's the closest I've ever come to meeting Eddie Van Halen. I've been a fan since I was 9 in 1984. Been seeing them in concert since 86. Watching them jam I'm the One and Runnin'... from the first row was the coolest thing I've ever witnessed.
    Dude,
    I remember you. Weren't you the guy that showed Ed your tatoo? That was a cool experience. I tried to find someone there that posted here at the links but no luck.
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:03 PM
    Liked 852 Times in 399 Posts

Premium Member

Default re

Yeah I showed him my VH tatoo on my left arm and Wolfie and Mike signed my Kid's birth announcement and them Sammy signed it during the show. Unbelievable.
    ...AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, GOD CREATED VAN HALEN

VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE