Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 06:23 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Sam ignoring Ed?

I've been watching my Worcester 6/19/04 boot, and I've noticed something I didn't see while I was at the show: Sam seems to be totally ignoring Ed on stage. While he's hugging Mikey, singing with him, running to the front of the stage and talking with Mikey, he acts as if Ed isn't even on stage. Could be my reading too much into it, but if this was the case all tour, I could see why Ed finally "lost it" at the end, calling Mikey and Sam The King.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:52 PM
    Liked 190 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by panache
    I've been watching my Worcester 6/19/04 boot, and I've noticed something I didn't see while I was at the show: Sam seems to be totally ignoring Ed on stage. While he's hugging Mikey, singing with him, running to the front of the stage and talking with Mikey, he acts as if Ed isn't even on stage. Could be my reading too much into it, but if this was the case all tour, I could see why Ed finally "lost it" at the end, calling Mikey and Sam The King.

It's what happens when you try to end 9 years of bad feelings with a hug and a kiss! Sounds lovely, but it doesn't work. They are human beings like the rest of us. You're not reading too much into it at all. By the end of the tour, it is obvious that things were not peachie! On the other hand, what the hell are they supposed to do? Go to band therapy?
    What are your major influences?

"Our major influences are my cock, Schlitz Malt Liquor, fast cars, loud music, volume. You know, all the usual."

DLR-1977

Last Online

06.20.12 @ 06:23 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edvanheineken
    . . . what the hell are they supposed to do? Go to band therapy?
    It's funny you should say that. When the Metallica therapy movie came out, Howard Stern was talking about it on his show. He said that he was talking to Ed, and asked Ed why Van Halen didn't do that. Howard said that Ed said something like, "That's for pussies." So don't hold your breath on a mentally healthy VH anytime soon!

Baluchitherium Leo Van Newhouse's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

08.14.13 @ 03:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's funny you should say that. When the Metallica therapy movie came out, Howard Stern was talking about it on his show. He said that he was talking to Ed, and asked Ed why Van Halen didn't do that. Howard said that Ed said something like, "That's for pussies." So don't hold your breath on a mentally healthy VH anytime soon!
    I hope VH never does. The last band I want ever to release a St. Anger is VH.
    THE PEOPLE HERE TONIGHT : Representing DAVID LEE ROTH in all his glory!!!!!!!!!

JH: "How was your New Years Eve show at the House Of Blues?"
    DLR: "James...I AM New Years Eve!"

"To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding?" David Lee Roth

"I'm gonna want to rock out w/ my cock out instead of playing anal taper dork." Colonel Sanders

ANOTHER HOSTILE TAKEOVER COMING YOUR WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

...Ed said something like, "That's for pussies."
    Ed got that right

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Panama / Humans Being
    Last Online

11.28.16 @ 03:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Van Newhouse
    I hope VH never does. The last band I want ever to release a St. Anger is VH.

So what would you rather have. your favorite band go to therapy and then continue to make new music and tour, or not go to therapy and not have any new music and not tour and fade off into the sunset? I'll take the first option.
    Last edited by Heavy Metal; 01.08.05 at 12:54 PM.

Baluchitherium VanHalenMetallica's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1,Balance,FW,1984,FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Not a big Van Halen 3 fan
    Last Online

04.30.08 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal
    So what would you rather have. your favorite band got to therapy and then continue to make new music and tour, or not go to therapy and not have any new music and not tour and fade off into the sunset? I'll take the first option.
    Desperate times,called for desperate measures.The definetly need it.All that internal conflict they still have over the last 10 years or so.
    The question is not, "Does love exist?"
    But when she leaves, where she goes?
    I got the feelin' she don't know either
    Wait like the wind, watch where she blows

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I mentioned during the summer that I felt the commarderie was fake. Many people insisted that it couldn't be.

Oh yes it is/was.

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:45 PM
    Liked 1,602 Times in 984 Posts

Donor

Well, Ed's wrong about therapy being only for pussies.

Also, comraderie can be achieved even despite frequent conflict. Moments in time distinguish themselves from each other. No doubt Ed and Sam went at each other like coke-fed roosters in a cockfight, as well as loved each other like brothers, at various points last summer. It's called, being complex human beings. Kinda like how folks can change their mind and not forever adhere to one thing they might have said in their past. Kinda like addictions having the same effects on rock stars as commoner Joe Blows.

Funny how there are so many demi-gods wandering around message boards.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    Well, Ed's wrong about therapy being only for pussies.

Also, comraderie can be achieved even despite frequent conflict. Moments in time distinguish themselves from each other. No doubt Ed and Sam went at each other like coke-fed roosters in a cockfight, as well as loved each other like brothers, at various points last summer. It's called, being complex human beings. Kinda like how folks can change their mind and not forever adhere to one thing they might have said in their past. Kinda like addictions having the same effects on rock stars as commoner Joe Blows.

Funny how there are so many demi-gods wandering around message boards.
    The coke-fed roosters in a cockfight line made me laugh out loud.

Besides that I see that you have the gas can ready again dude.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Maybe Ed farts a lot on stage? Maybe the BAND keeps him from using the cordless guitars because they want to keep his farty ass on that side of the stage?

I'm just speculating, I have no evidence to support that theory....

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by EVH FANATIC
    The coke-fed roosters in a cockfight line made me laugh out loud.

Besides that I see that you have the gas can ready again dude.
    I'm glad you brought that up. Poor, maligned, misunderstood Roth fans, those dashing pariahs who have no problem whatsoever throwing fistfuls of cow dung anytime somebody - gasp - notes an offhand observation along the lines of that Sam was in the band longer than Dave and deserves his own spot in the Hall o' Halen...but god forbid somebody fires back. Then, it's 'oh, sheep took the bait' or 'just my opinion, geez you Hagar fans are so sensitive.' LOL. Nothing any kid who never saw Dave era VH live says bothers me, rest assured. If you're gonna throw out YOUR opinion, expect to hear OTHER opinions. Take it like a man and keep on truckin'. It's only MY opinion when I disagree with somebody. It ain't gasoline, and it ain't matches. Don't expect your word to be gospel.

I find it continually amusing that certain Roth-leaning fans presume they get an official pass on Troll-Like behavior. I guess we're supposed to acknowledge that. In MY insignificant opinion, REAL VH fans do not blatantly attempt to subvert the legacy just 'cause Roth ain't with them anymore. It's kinda like trashing your mother after she divorces your father and she remarries...you may hate the new guy, you might detest the new house arrangements, you might even lust after your new stepsister...but she's still your fuckin' mom. You should maintain at least some respect for the entity that you claim did so much for you...even if said entity changes into something you just can't stand. If you can't do it...maybe you didn't dig your mom so much in the first place. Or maybe it's just that Dave fucked 'your mom' so silly and so often, your only precious fuzzy memories are midgets serving you JD and milk cocktails while you cowered in the bedroom closet

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

I understand what you are saying but I found in Toronto, Ed and Sam are more interactive. Mikey and Sam were very together too but Ed and Sam seemed fine. I found that in Hamilton in November the band was more apart and separated.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    I'm glad you brought that up. Poor, maligned, misunderstood Roth fans, those dashing pariahs who have no problem whatsoever throwing fistfuls of cow dung anytime somebody - gasp - notes an offhand observation along the lines of that Sam was in the band longer than Dave and deserves his own spot in the Hall o' Halen...but god forbid somebody fires back. Then, it's 'oh, sheep took the bait' or 'just my opinion, geez you Hagar fans are so sensitive.' LOL. Nothing any kid who never saw Dave era VH live says bothers me, rest assured. If you're gonna throw out YOUR opinion, expect to hear OTHER opinions. Take it like a man and keep on truckin'. It's only MY opinion when I disagree with somebody. It ain't gasoline, and it ain't matches. Don't expect your word to be gospel.

I find it continually amusing that certain Roth-leaning fans presume they get an official pass on Troll-Like behavior. I guess we're supposed to acknowledge that. In MY insignificant opinion, REAL VH fans do not blatantly attempt to subvert the legacy just 'cause Roth ain't with them anymore. It's kinda like trashing your mother after she divorces your father and she remarries...you may hate the new guy, you might detest the new house arrangements, you might even lust after your new stepsister...but she's still your fuckin' mom. You should maintain at least some respect for the entity that you claim did so much for you...even if said entity changes into something you just can't stand. If you can't do it...maybe you didn't dig your mom so much in the first place. Or maybe it's just that Dave fucked 'your mom' so silly and so often, your only precious fuzzy memories are midgets serving you JD and milk cocktails while you cowered in the bedroom closet
    I've made the mistake of saying on these boards (not the Links) "I fucked your Mom last night". Or, something to that degree. And, I felt terrible for typing something like that. So, I'm going to quote you so you can't ever deny it and leave it at that.

I'm not going to get into it with someone as ignorant as you.

I've heard things about you, Gas Man.

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by EVH FANATIC
    I've made the mistake of saying on these boards (not the Links) "I fucked your Mom last night". Or, something to that degree. And, I felt terrible for typing something like that. So, I'm going to quote you so you can't ever deny it and leave it at that.

I'm not going to get into it with someone as ignorant as you.

I've heard things about you, Gas Man.
    LOL...why would I deny it? I didn't say 'I' fucked your mom. It was a figurative pro-Dave snark, is all. Sorry it offended your tender eyes.

Quote me all you like, Fanatic. I've heard things about you too.