Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

11.27.15 @ 03:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts

Donor

Default Montreal

Requiem for a Heavyweight (or My Liver, My Liver)

Walking down to the show in beautiful Montreal, the architecture of the buildings are so magnificent that they look like frozen music. One building had what looked like a colossal chess set of statuary across its façade. Going 5 star with the old lady at 4:00, so of course, I hit Le Cage Aux Sports at 12:00 noon sharp. Sampling several varieties of brew, I settle in for pints of Rickard’s Red. Meet Wolfgang Slinger and crew. Props to the hardcore MFer who carved the VH rings logo into his goatee!! LOL, you couldn’t tell by looking at him head on, but when he tilted his head back he looked like the cover of F.U.C.K.

5 star, good time at the party and a hearty FU to the asswipe who tried to squirrel-away a twelve pack for himself right before the backstage tour (busted by Hillary). Soundcheck – unbelievable (“I’m the One” –Holy Shit!). Rest of 5 star very cool met very nice people and fellow VH fans.

The show. Front-f’n-dead-center-at-point-front row. Dilemma, there are a bunch of people lined up on the rail in front of me. I ask to see their tickets and they say “zee security garde has zaid zat it eez okay.” As I’m replying “fuck you and fuck France,” my old lady pulls a Henry Kissenger and grabs the little built-like-a-fireplug security guy and he bulldozes these bastards right the hell out. Now I’m on the rail at the point of the stage, I mean I’m so close that you could smell the gunpowder coming out of the Wolfgang. The show was unbelievable, without a doubt the best VH and best overall concert amongst any band that I have ever seen. Being that close you are kinda pulled into the orbit of the band’s gyrations and interactions. You can hear the thunderclap of the landing of a perfectly executed flying Eddie three feet in front of yer beak.

Post show. I had to piss so god-damned bad that I thought I was passing a kidney stone. Right before I say screw it and whip out my hootie-hoo on the Champe de I gotta Friggin Piss, I spot a bar closing, BS our way In, and ask the guy if we could catch Last Call. The very gracious monsieur says “but of course.” In slow motion (like the gun-tossing scene in The Untouchables with the baby carriage, between Kevin Costner and Andy Garcia) I toss my wife a wad of Canadian currency, order a shot and a beer and tuck and tumble into the men’s room for a steaming seven minute whiz.

Postscript. Go back to the hotel. Order gyros. Drain the mini-bar. I mean, I hugged the mini bar and wrung it out like a wash rag, to get every last mother-loving drop out of it. Going to spend the next day with my wife exploring the city (what a beautiful place). Everyone we met was very nice to us. Fellow Linkers (especially Wolfgang Slinger) great to meet you. To me, that is the beauty of The Links – you join an online community of people who share a common interest and then get to meet them in person and build friendships. In closing I would like to offer an extra hearty FU to the num-nutted, stack-of-dimes-you-call-a-neck diplo dunk who had to stand in front of me for awhile. I didn’t mind you standing there (I let a couple of ladies get in front of me near the end of the show because they couldn’t see). But dude, did you have to strike a pose like Mr. Teapot and sharpen your effin left elbow in my ribs? Peace out.

. . . . .
    "The eagle lands at midnight: bacon burger ice cube over" ~ jetguy5150

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

03.03.17 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 25 Times in 4 Posts

Aahhh, that Hall-Of-Fame material is back up on here. It's good to see. I'm happy to say that Hatchetforce's bladder problems are a part of my signature. lol

What a show Montreal was.

Favorite VH Album

=\//-/=
    Favorite VH Song

Black and Blue
    Last Online

01.14.12 @ 05:49 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Yes. What a show. What a day.

I never told you guys what My friend Craig and I did after the show... we drove back down to vermont, and as we were getting towards my house it was 1:30 am, and we pulled into a local bar and got Drunk (Again!) The rare 2 drunks in one evening! We had a few there, then they kicked us out, the Northern Lights were unbel;ievable that night! watched those for a bit, then at my house found we were out of beer, and Hit my brown bottle of cabo that I was saving just for this event aparantly.. stayed up till 7am drinking, catcjhing up, and watching Music on TV...

Good times!
    =\//-/=

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

11.27.15 @ 03:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by StevieD

I never told you guys what My friend Craig and I did after the show... we drove back down to vermont, and as we were getting towards my house it was 1:30 am, and we pulled into a local bar and got Drunk (Again!) The rare 2 drunks in one evening! We had a few there, then they kicked us out, the Northern Lights were unbel;ievable that night! watched those for a bit, then at my house found we were out of beer, and Hit my brown bottle of cabo that I was saving just for this event aparantly.. stayed up till 7am drinking, catcjhing up, and watching Music on TV...

Good times!
    StevieD - it's always cool to double down!

. . . . .
    "The eagle lands at midnight: bacon burger ice cube over" ~ jetguy5150

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by StevieD

Good times!
    Nice.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

I still can't get over the fact that the first thing I was told by somebody when I arrived in Montreal was "I'd like to buy you a brew or a shot." and that was from Hatchetforce. I was thinking that there were still decent people left in the world that know how to throw down and have a blast. And after about 4 Rickards Red and about 12 smokes, these folks (Hatchetforce, Mrs. Hatchetforce and StevieD) only made the experience better.

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 09:04 AM
    Liked 7 Times in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Slinger
    I still can't get over the fact that the first thing I was told by somebody when I arrived in Montreal was "I'd like to buy you a brew or a shot." and that was from Hatchetforce. I was thinking that there were still decent people left in the world that know how to throw down and have a blast. And after about 4 Rickards Red and about 12 smokes, these folks (Hatchetforce, Mrs. Hatchetforce and StevieD) only made the experience better.
    Dude where are your Montreal pics ???
    I have been waiting.

Favorite VH Album

=\//-/=
    Favorite VH Song

Black and Blue
    Last Online

01.14.12 @ 05:49 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

yeah. they were up before, lets get those back.....
    =\//-/=

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

Well, I've found an easier way to do this... they're all on CD now. Just give me a minute how to figure out how to get them on teh web...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

K, I sent them to redrocker.com so they should be up in a while. I'm going to try and arrange for them to be posted on here.

Can anybody put them up for me? I have no web space at all.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

09.29.05 @ 06:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Why are you being so rude?

[QUOTE=hatchetforce]Requiem for a Heavyweight (or My Liver, My Liver)

The show. Front-f’n-dead-center-at-point-front row. Dilemma, there are a bunch of people lined up on the rail in front of me. I ask to see their tickets and they say “zee security garde has zaid zat it eez okay.” As I’m replying “fuck you and fuck France,” my old lady pulls a Henry Kissenger and grabs the little built-like-a-fireplug security guy and he bulldozes these bastards right the hell out.
    You know...I can understand you don't like certain people but mocking French Canadian people in your posting not only was showing a deep lack of education , but also a profound disrespect to other Van Halen fans , whatever nationality they might be.
    Sad...real sad...and should I add...typical.
    Last edited by MartQ; 09.03.05 at 02:46 PM.

Favorite VH Album

1984/VH/Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One/PCTS/Panama
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Home Sweet Home

Je suis un Québécois.