Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Save
Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 95999106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1645
  1. #1621
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    11.09.04
    Age
    45
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    2,710
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

    10.15.19 @ 07:43 PM
    Likes
    1,577
    Liked 1,216 Times in 560 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post
    Sounds like you are CAUGHT SOMEWHERE IT TIME!!!!!! LOL.... Yeah time is flying by on us old guys. BOS Tour was 2016 & 2017.

    i know it's not their best album to many, but Somewhere In Time is my favorite Maiden album. just hit the right time for me i guess !
    ...AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, GOD CREATED VAN HALEN

    VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

  2. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  3. #1622
    Atomic Punk atomicpunk5151's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.26.04
    Location
    NOR-CAL
    Posts
    15,667
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    09.27.19 @ 02:35 PM
    Likes
    2,937
    Liked 3,227 Times in 2,207 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    i know it's not their best album to many, but Somewhere In Time is my favorite Maiden album. just hit the right time for me i guess !
    Interesting choice. I am about the same age. I was far more into NOTB and POM after I discovered Maiden, even though they weren't the latest releases. Think I heard Run to the Hills first, then got the cassette for NOTB.

    My favorite track off SIT was Stranger in a Strangeland for a long time. Now, I might say Wasted Years is the strongest track. CSIT and Heaven Can Wait are also good. Some of the deeper cuts never caught on with me for whatever reason.

    The band themselves have largely ignored SIT since about 1988. Really they only play Wasted Years (last played 2017) and HCW (last played 2008) in concert anymore.

    What are your favorite songs off Somewhere in Time?

  4. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  5. #1623
    Sinner's Swing! BlindtotheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.18.09
    Age
    46
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,942
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

    10.15.19 @ 01:21 PM
    Likes
    1,973
    Liked 1,796 Times in 948 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    i know it's not their best album to many, but Somewhere In Time is my favorite Maiden album. just hit the right time for me i guess !
    Not my favorite but it does have that prog. rock feel to some of the songs for me which i find cool. When I first got into Maiden it was because my buddy was really into them. Somewhere was the latest release at that time so he played it a lot. My first album was Live After Death which is s great intro to the band, then Seventh Son, and then went backwards from there.....Somewhere, Powerslave, Piece of Mind, Number of the Beast. That run of incredible albums in the 80s is just mind blowing looking back.

    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post

    What are your favorite songs off Somewhere in Time?
    The first side is just awesome in general. Sea of Madness is just a great, intense tune. Harris' bass just thumps.
    Last edited by BlindtotheWorld; 09.12.19 at 12:44 PM.
    ]"Problem is Van Halen doesn't miss you. Or me. Or any of us." - Little Dreamer

  6. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  7. #1624
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    11.09.04
    Age
    45
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    2,710
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

    10.15.19 @ 07:43 PM
    Likes
    1,577
    Liked 1,216 Times in 560 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post
    Interesting choice. I am about the same age. I was far more into NOTB and POM after I discovered Maiden, even though they weren't the latest releases. Think I heard Run to the Hills first, then got the cassette for NOTB.

    My favorite track off SIT was Stranger in a Strangeland for a long time. Now, I might say Wasted Years is the strongest track. CSIT and Heaven Can Wait are also good. Some of the deeper cuts never caught on with me for whatever reason.

    The band themselves have largely ignored SIT since about 1988. Really they only play Wasted Years (last played 2017) and HCW (last played 2008) in concert anymore.

    What are your favorite songs off Somewhere in Time?
    so my Iron Maiden story started in 1985. my older brother got me in to Van Halen when i was 9 yrs old. 1984 was fucking huge. my first memories of VH were So This Is Love during the Heavy Metal Half Hour on MTV. we'd come in from playing basketball in our driveway for a break and i saw the Mighty Van Halen.

    got obsessed with hard rock and MTV. found Friday Night Concerts. Kept seeing Ozzy Osbourne Ultimate Sin Tour in KC and Iron Maiden in Long Beach, CA on the Powerslave tour. taped them both on VHS. then Live Without a Net came out in 1986 ish. those were my 3 concerts. before beer and pussy, watched those 3 concerts every week/weekend for years.

    1986 new Iron Maiden cd, Somewhere In Time came out. bought it. adored every song. still do to this day !!
    ...AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, GOD CREATED VAN HALEN

    VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

  8. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  9. #1625
    Atomic Punk atomicpunk5151's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.26.04
    Location
    NOR-CAL
    Posts
    15,667
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    09.27.19 @ 02:35 PM
    Likes
    2,937
    Liked 3,227 Times in 2,207 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    so my Iron Maiden story started in 1985. my older brother got me in to Van Halen when i was 9 yrs old. 1984 was fucking huge. my first memories of VH were So This Is Love during the Heavy Metal Half Hour on MTV. we'd come in from playing basketball in our driveway for a break and i saw the Mighty Van Halen.

    got obsessed with hard rock and MTV. found Friday Night Concerts. Kept seeing Ozzy Osbourne Ultimate Sin Tour in KC and Iron Maiden in Long Beach, CA on the Powerslave tour. taped them both on VHS. then Live Without a Net came out in 1986 ish. those were my 3 concerts. before beer and pussy, watched those 3 concerts every week/weekend for years.

    1986 new Iron Maiden cd, Somewhere In Time came out. bought it. adored every song. still do to this day !!
    Yeah, same deal mostly. Iron Maiden Long Beach "Live After Death" for sure. Wore that out. But, I mostly dug backwards to NOTB and POM after that. Plus Powerslave.

    Also EVERY song on SIT? Even TLOTLDR and Deja Vu? Alexander the Great has some good parts..... but long....haha... Can't quite stand up to Rime.

  10. #1626
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    11.09.04
    Age
    45
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    2,710
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

    10.15.19 @ 07:43 PM
    Likes
    1,577
    Liked 1,216 Times in 560 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post
    Yeah, same deal mostly. Iron Maiden Long Beach "Live After Death" for sure. Wore that out. But, I mostly dug backwards to NOTB and POM after that. Plus Powerslave.

    Also EVERY song on SIT? Even TLOTLDR and Deja Vu? Alexander the Great has some good parts..... but long....haha... Can't quite stand up to Rime.
    totally honest, i love every note on that album !! love Loneliness, love Deja Vu. my favorites are Caught Somewhere in time, Wasted years, Sea of Madness.
    ...AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, GOD CREATED VAN HALEN

    VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

  11. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  12. #1627
    Sinner's Swing! BlindtotheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.18.09
    Age
    46
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,942
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

    10.15.19 @ 01:21 PM
    Likes
    1,973
    Liked 1,796 Times in 948 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    ]"Problem is Van Halen doesn't miss you. Or me. Or any of us." - Little Dreamer

  13. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  14. #1628
    Atomic Punk atomicpunk5151's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.26.04
    Location
    NOR-CAL
    Posts
    15,667
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    09.27.19 @ 02:35 PM
    Likes
    2,937
    Liked 3,227 Times in 2,207 Posts

    Default

    I know it is like saying JUMP is your favorite song off 1984..... BUT.... Wasted Years is my favorite song off SIT. It is just a great song. Unmistakable intro and riff. Good chorus. Good AS solo.

    I love the LIVE version as well. When Bruce calls over to Adrian and then Adrian does a few vocal lines. "Wasted time..always searching for those Wasted Years"


  15. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  16. #1629
    Sinner's Swing! BlindtotheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.18.09
    Age
    46
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,942
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

    10.15.19 @ 01:21 PM
    Likes
    1,973
    Liked 1,796 Times in 948 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    There's no shame in Wasted Years being your favorite on the album. It's great tune.
    ]"Problem is Van Halen doesn't miss you. Or me. Or any of us." - Little Dreamer

  17. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  18. #1630
    Atomic Punk atomicpunk5151's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.26.04
    Location
    NOR-CAL
    Posts
    15,667
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    09.27.19 @ 02:35 PM
    Likes
    2,937
    Liked 3,227 Times in 2,207 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    There's no shame in Wasted Years being your favorite on the album. It's great tune.
    I just meant it in the sense that it is probably the most popular and known song on the album, like Jump. The single, not the deep cut.

    Iron Maiden has actually played Heaven Can Wait LIVE more times though (most played song from SIT). Even in the Blaze years, they kept HCW in the setlist.

  19. #1631
    Eruption Naked Wake's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.26.09
    Location
    Oakland Ca
    Posts
    1,471
    Favorite VH Album

    Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm the One
    Last Online

    10.15.19 @ 08:41 PM
    Likes
    239
    Liked 259 Times in 182 Posts

    Default

    my first exposure to Maiden was Live After Death. Then Somewhere in Time, then went backwards in the catalog. I love "Wasted Years" but my favorite track off SIT is "Alexander the Great." I always loved how intellectual Maiden was. You'd often learn more about poems, history, science, etc from Maiden than you would in school. My all time Maiden track remains "The Trooper."

  20. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  21. #1632
    Atomic Punk Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    39,560
    Last Online

    10.16.19 @ 04:19 AM
    Likes
    2,623
    Liked 10,983 Times in 6,056 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default


  22. #1633
    Sinner's Swing! BlindtotheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.18.09
    Age
    46
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,942
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

    10.15.19 @ 01:21 PM
    Likes
    1,973
    Liked 1,796 Times in 948 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Oh Janick, you crazy mofo. That poor guy gets almost as much grief as Vic on here, this won't help.
    ]"Problem is Van Halen doesn't miss you. Or me. Or any of us." - Little Dreamer

  23. #1634
    Eruption Naked Wake's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.26.09
    Location
    Oakland Ca
    Posts
    1,471
    Favorite VH Album

    Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm the One
    Last Online

    10.15.19 @ 08:41 PM
    Likes
    239
    Liked 259 Times in 182 Posts

    Default

    Janick was a pretty good guitarist back in the day. What does he really contribute to Maiden these days though?

  24. #1635
    Atomic Punk japeape's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.05.15
    Posts
    13,685
    Favorite VH Album

    II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    10.15.19 @ 08:14 PM
    Likes
    8,251
    Liked 12,310 Times in 6,728 Posts

    Default

    The problem is that Maiden's guitar has always been defined by the perfectly, meshing styles
    of Dave & Adrian.

    Both very different, yet they sound like one musical unit.
    The way they play off each other is one of the biggest treats in all of Heavy Metal.
    Just a flawless tag team, like Glenn & KK before them.

    Tossing in a third random guy, is like dumping a bowl of salt into your perfect recipe.

    Why???
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

  25. The Following Member Likes This Post:


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Queensryche/Maiden
    By Hack in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09.09.06, 04:49 AM
  2. Iron Maiden
    By Vic Vega_0609 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09.17.02, 07:15 PM
  3. Does anyone here but Brett and me like Iron Maiden?!
    By Atomic Punk DLR in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 09.02.01, 11:09 AM
  4. If you like Iron Maiden you'd probably...
    By SwissHalen in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11.25.00, 03:34 PM
  5. I'm heading to see MAIDEN IN MINNESOTA!!!
    By Vinnie Velvet in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08.03.00, 09:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •