Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

09.21.06 @ 07:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default anyone have an OLP MM1?

I've heard they're pretty good for the cost (about $200) . I thought about picking one up for the hell of it, but not if it's a piece of shit. Will it stay in tune when I'm doing bends and stuff? I've already got a Wolfie, but I'd like another decent guitar around. You know how anoying it is when you are just jamming along to albums, and one album is standard tuning and another is flat tuning, and you are like "damn! I don't want to re-tune my whole damn guitar for every other freakin song." Anyway, your thoughts?

Last Online

08.10.11 @ 06:33 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love mine. It stays in tune like any guitar with a non locking trem, I have been doing dive bombs (as I can that is) and it does ok. It was a well spent 200.00, I will put it that way.
    Last edited by jonmcg93; 01.07.05 at 06:27 PM.

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

I did have one until I swapped out the pickups and sold it. It was good for a while but after that, it kinda died
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Favorite VH Album

Balance,Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Every damn one!
    Last Online

02.02.11 @ 09:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i actually just ordered a brand new mm1 off of ebay a week ago still awaiting its arrival! i cant wait.
    "Some low life flathead scum infects, the sickness in his eyes reflects, you wonder why your life is screaming, wonder why we're humans being."

Proud Member of the III Brigade.

Favorite VH Album

VH, VH2, FW, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Big River, Little Guitars
    Last Online

03.22.17 @ 07:01 AM
    Liked 120 Times in 49 Posts

Mine is great. It seemed to take a little work to get it to stay in tune, but now it does that pretty well. The pickups are prone to feedback, but they can be changed, of course. They're screwed right into the wood, too.

Anyway, it's nothing like my EMG-equipped Tele, but it's not meant to be. I use it for hard rock and it does just fine. It's a great little guitar and it's worth a lot more than what it costs. It seriously plays like butter! I drag mine around and, for rock stuff, keep my Tele as a backup because the OLP is a good guitar and I don't have to worry about it like I do about my Tele. I have an emotional connection to my Tele but this guitar is just a fun little beater... although I think I'm develping a connection, LOL!
    Waylon Jennings: 1937-2002.
    "There ain't nothin' quite as sad as watching your heroes die."

RIP, Hoss!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

04.26.05 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have two MM1s. One in purple quilt w/ the vintage trem and a tobacco 'burst quilt with a Floyd. I replaced the crap stock Floyd with an Ibanez Lo-TRS 2 and now the tuning stability is great.

The MM1 is a very comfy guitar, with a nice neck that is very similar to a Fender Standard Strat's. The pickups on these guitars are EXCELLENT for stock models. Nice and crunchy, great for rock stuff.
    Two glazed donuts and a bottle of anything...TO GO!!! - DLR

Favorite VH Album

f.u.c.k. and Balance
    Last Online

04.02.10 @ 06:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have one also the amber quilt. I pourchased one from ed roman with the olp mods they do. So far i love it. They install a floyd rose. Sand they neck and put SD black backs in it. I dont really like the black backs there more of a early eddie tone and i like the fuck tone much more. Its been great so far the only thing i would do different next time i get one is have them shave the neck but some cause it sticks up a bit so the board is higher meaning the pickups are high out of the body and the floyd is higher then i like it to sit. I do have a fret buzz on the b string at the 12th fret and no where else but nothing the locale luthier cant take care of. He is also gonna tshvae the neck for me. All in all i like it for the money as i cant get a axis yet so this will do for now.

Favorite VH Album

f.u.c.k. and Balance
    Last Online

04.02.10 @ 06:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Note to self: Nice spelling dumbass!!! lol