http://www.nungaboy.com/wembley74.htm

Enjoy!!!!!!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.02.16 @ 04:34 AM
    Liked 834 Times in 333 Posts

The Wall coming to Broadway

Official Press Release

In what stands to bring one of film and Broadway's leading producers together with one of music's most influential pioneers, Miramax Films and Thomas D. Mottola today announced that they have acquired the rights to develop and produce a Broadway musical based on Pink Floyd's seminal rock album, The Wall, one of the best selling and most renowned records of all time.

Initiated by Mottola, Miramax joined in to acquire the rights from Roger Waters, who conceived and created the work. For The Wall, Waters will write the book and will also arrange and orchestrate his music for the stage production.

Since its release in 1979, The Wall has sold over 23 million copies and is currently the 3rd best selling album of all time. The inspired performances of The Wall in 1980-1981, which were written and directed by Roger Waters, have become collectively known as the most legendary shows ever.

"I am thrilled to be involved with bringing The Wall to Broadway and to give new generations the opportunity to see this legendary show," said Harvey Weinstein, co-chairman of Miramax Films. "I am also delighted to be working with music geniuses Tommy Mottola and Roger Waters, who are sure to make the music rock again."

"There are few projects as timeless as The Wall," stated Mr. Mottola. "Even after two decades since its first release, The Wall continues to break through every generational, socioeconomic and political boundary. When I first thought of bringing this event to Broadway, I knew I could not do it without the visionary talents of Roger Waters and of course, my dear friend Harvey Weinstein and the wealth of experience of his Miramax team." "Great! Now I can write in some laughs, notable by their absence in the Movie," said Roger Waters.

Harvey Weinstein, Timothy Schmidt, Vice President of Business & Legal Affairs, and Heidi Herman, Director of Creative Affairs will oversee the production on behalf of Miramax. Charles Layton and Timothy Schmidt negotiated the agreement on behalf of Miramax. Larry Shire and Gil Karson negotiated on behalf of Thomas D. Mottola. John Breglio, Mark Fenwick and Tony Russell negotiated for Roger Waters.

Thanks/Source: Roger Waters Online

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.02.16 @ 04:34 AM
    Liked 834 Times in 333 Posts

Looks cool.... Probably for DIE-HARDs only though...
    View preview video.......

New Pink Floyd 'The Wall' Documentary DVD

A new documentary is being released on DVD soon titled, "The Lost Documentary." The 23 minute documentary based around The Wall live shows, will feature the unloading of the touring equipment as it arrives at the Earls Court venue in 1980, and goes on to show Roger at sound check, and a general walk about during the set up of the August London shows. Roger is also seen at the beginning explaining how he only sees the tour making it to 3 or 4 cities and maybe a film.

The film editor then was Howard Lamden and he is now releasing his documentary via the web site TheLostDoc.com. Howard has edited the footage he filmed so it does not infringe copyright and although he could have added the music of the Floyd he feels it would be morally wrong to do so. The interest in this footage will likely be huge, and we have been advised the first run of 1000 copies, will be sold at a sensible price and will be shipped world wide.

An exact release date has yet to be decided, but it will be no later than mid July. The web site will soon be updated and feature a teaser clip. The footage does not feature the 3 other members of Pink Floyd although you will spy Snowy White and Andy Bown. For fans of the album "The Wall", this documentary will offer a great insight to the back stage antics at Earls Court.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

~Gilmour~On An Island~
    Favorite VH Song

The Blue->Take A Breath
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Voivod, do ya know anything about this?

New Roger Waters Song? County Down , which was claimed to be by Roger Waters.
    CABOT
    U.S. PRIME
    GRADE A STAMPED
    GUARANTEED

It was kind of funny when I first heard about it being a Van Halen “reunion”
    —Michael Anthony.

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well I read recently that he was going to be releasing a couple new songs on the internet, so maybe that's one of them??
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great to have a Floyd thread, by the way. They are my second-favorite band, but I think they are probably the all-around most talented band ever.

I decided today that Atom Heart Mother is one of Floyd's best songs.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.01.16 @ 06:54 AM
    Liked 153 Times in 93 Posts

Pink Floyd is the first band I ever saw live.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.02.16 @ 08:55 AM
    Liked 863 Times in 596 Posts

Premium Member

Damn, if these bands keep making musicals out of their work, it will be hard to tell if someone's gay just because they like showtunes!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.02.16 @ 04:19 AM
    Liked 141 Times in 88 Posts

I'd love to get a copy of P.U.L.S.E. on DVD...

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

04.01.16 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 32 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRose
    Sadly, it seems I will never see them live until they mend ties and decide to go for it once again. I'll see them with or without Waters. I'm easy.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRose
    Division Bell tour, or the more recent one?

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K, Fair Warning,. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

all of 'em
    Last Online

06.16.08 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Sane
    I'd love to get a copy of P.U.L.S.E. on DVD...
    So would I. Anywhere I look for it, it's expensive.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

~Gilmour~On An Island~
    Favorite VH Song

The Blue->Take A Breath
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VHPoundcake
    So would I. Anywhere I look for it, it's expensive.
    If you do find a copy on DvD it's gonna be really expensive cuz nothing is worth the money when you buy a VHS tape transferred to DVD.

The official release is slated for late February or March.

Oh by the way, I take exception to the notion that post waters Pink Floyd is to be equated with adult pop music. It shows a level of contempt for the work that Dave and Nick have done and displays a great misconception of the history of the band.
    CABOT
    U.S. PRIME
    GRADE A STAMPED
    GUARANTEED

It was kind of funny when I first heard about it being a Van Halen “reunion”
    —Michael Anthony.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.01.16 @ 06:54 AM
    Liked 153 Times in 93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx
    Division Bell tour, or the more recent one?
    Yeah the Division Bell tour in 1994.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K, Fair Warning,. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

all of 'em
    Last Online

06.16.08 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree that there is a huge misconception that post-Waters Pink Floyd is pop. Those who say that should buy A Momentary Lapse of Reason or The Division Bell. There are some great songs off of those albums as well as Pink Floyd with Roger Waters. Learning to Fly=Pop... ?