Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Chevy Customer Service!! Please Help!

I was hoping someone could help me, cause Chevy sure ain't.
    I bought a new Chevy Colorado. It has been in the shop for 2 MONTHS!!
    Why... because Chevy can't seem to service their customers with replacement parts! I called customer Service and they are giving me the runaround. Not only do they not have this part, THEY CAN'T TELL ME WHEN I'll GET IT!..... Oh but their real sorry about that.

Can anyone recommend someone I can talk to to get this resolved? Any help please.
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

Favorite VH Album

VHII, WACF, 5150
    Last Online

03.31.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Check into the lemon laws... You may be able to get a new one or maybe even your money back since apparently your truck has problems already. Then buy a Toyota truck.
    My wife got a brand new Grand Am and I got a brand new Z24 and were not impressed with GM's product or service. My car had an electrical malfunction by 5000 miles due to a short that they didn't want to fix. My wife's had a coolant leak around 40,000 miles (it's supposed to be maintenance free until 100,000 miles).
    We traded her car in for a Camry and pay a few extra dollars a month for a 10 year, 100,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty. No problems at all. We plan to trade mine in in '05 for a Honda Pilot.
    Consumer Reports ranks Honda and Toyota as 2 of the top manufacturers in their price range. I don't plan on buying another GM anytime soon.
    "Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce the king of 10 fingers and six strings... Mr. Edward Van Halen!"

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

I have owned 3 GM cars/trucks and I have never had any major problems with any of them. Don't waste money buying imprted trucks. If you don't get another GM, that's fine. Get a Dodge or a Ford.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

I buy foreign vehicles. Honda, Toyota, etc. Never have any problems. TheresOnlyOneWife's Ford Escape has been in the shop 19 times. She bought it brand new. Piece of shit.
    Last edited by TheresOnlyOneWay; 01.07.05 at 11:21 AM.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Unchained only letters and numbers's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

10.28.14 @ 02:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Tell the dealer that he'd better get out on the lot and pull the damned part off of another Colorado he's got in stock. Make it his problem!

Sorry you've gotta got through this, man. I love my Chevy truck.
    January 5, 2005 - Resurrection

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay
    I buy foreign vehicles. Honda, Toyota, etc. Never have any problems. TheresOnlyOneWife's Ford Escape has been in the shop 19 times. She bought it brand new. Piece of shit.

Sorry to hear about the Ford, but bear in mind that it's identical to the Mazda Tribute, which is a foreign car. Built on the same assembly line. It's possible to get a lemon no matter what you buy.

I always buy American, but I also discriminate when it comes to those purchases. The first truck I ever had was an '86 Ford Ranger. A piston cracked at 60,000, and I had to have a total engine rebuild. Hence, I'll never have another Ford. It's really just about personal experiences, I guess.

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 11:13 AM
    Liked 541 Times in 322 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I dunno, man. Every time I talk to an "American" car owner and they say they've had no problems, when we get into the details it becomes very relative.

I had a used Corolla for 5 years, put 70k miles on it to where it was at 105k miles and was 7 years old. I did the brakes and the battery. That's it. Literally, other than that and oil changes, not another dime spent or minute taken up in the shop.

I then bought a new Camry which I had for 4 years and put 120k on it (was on the road for my job) - did the timing belt, and I would have had to do the suspension if I'd kept it. Not a dime or a minute other than that.

Wife had a Sentra for 5 years and about 60k, never did anything but oil changes to it.

Wife had a Maxima for 7 years and about 70k, did the brakes and the suspension.

Now, for "American" -

I had a two year old used Intrepid for a year, and it was in the shop for a broken window support, a squeeky steering wheel, a faulty engine light, a broken A/C vent - all minor stuff that would cause me to say I had "no problems", except for in comparison to my Toyotas.

We now both have Explorers - mine is a '99 that I bought in 2002 with 34k miles on it, hers is a 2003 she bought with 24k miles on it. I've already had substantial work done to the suspension - all under warranty but still took time. She's had to have the brakes adjusted twice and had to replace a rattle pin in the rear tire that fell out - made an awful racket when you applied the brakes, but nothing mechanically critical. All things that I would say weren't "problems", but certainly are aggravations that we didn't deal with when we had the Toyotas and Nissans.

It's all relative. Bottom line is that IMO you simply can't beat Toyota and Honda for quality and reliability, but Honda is overpriced. Truck-wise, they all are, you're right.
    Last edited by jrk5150; 01.07.05 at 11:51 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by only letters and numbers
    Sorry to hear about the Ford, but bear in mind that it's identical to the Mazda Tribute, which is a foreign car. Built on the same assembly line. It's possible to get a lemon no matter what you buy.
    Ford infected Mazda, that's why I wouldn't buy one of those either. Another one: dad bought a brand new Dodge Caravan and it needed a brand new transmission at 20k.

I love my new Tacoma!!!
    Last edited by TheresOnlyOneWay; 01.07.05 at 12:10 PM.

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

Donor

This reminds me, I need to get "Gung Ho" on DVD.

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Axe, funny you mention that. I have a friend who bought a Colorado a while back and just got it replaced under the lemon law.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay
    This reminds me, I need to get "Gung Ho" on DVD.
    Michael Keaton was on Letterman last night. That dude is funny!

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Back on topic... Axebrian call the dealership and ask for the phone number of the regional service manager or call 1-800-222-1020 and tell them about it. Everytime you get an answer that's not satisfactory to you ask to speak to their manager and keep going up the chain until you get someone that'll either give a damn or has the authority to make shit happen. Be persistent, but keep it polite/professional so you don't give them an excuse to blow you off for being rude.

When they say sorry we can't get your part ask them what they can do to remedy the situation such as putting you in a rental car or swapping out your vehicle with another one of the same model.
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Zahzoo
    Back on topic... Axebrian call the dealership and ask for the phone number of the regional service manager or call 1-800-222-1020 and tell them about it. Everytime you get an answer that's not satisfactory to you ask to speak to their manager and keep going up the chain until you get someone that'll either give a damn or has the authority to make shit happen. Be persistent, but keep it polite/professional so you don't give them an excuse to blow you off for being rude.

When they say sorry we can't get your part ask them what they can do to remedy the situation such as putting you in a rental car or swapping out your vehicle with another one of the same model.
    Zahzoo,
    Thanks fot the input! That Phone # is the one i've been calling. Next Monday I'm calling them back and trying to go upstairs.The person I talked to said "there's nothing anyone else can do" which i know is CRAP! I emailed their Customer service. I didn't think about trying to get the regional service manager. My car dealer has given me a rental NOT Chevy though.
    I need a contact number for a "can help" person that can help me remedy this debacle.
    Last edited by axebrian; 01.07.05 at 01:36 PM.
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by axebrian
    Zahzoo,
    Thanks fot the input! That Phone # is the one i've been calling. Next Monday I'm calling them back and trying to go upstairs.The person I talked to said "there's nothing anyone else can do" which i know is CRAP! I emailed their Customer service. I didn't think about trying to get the regional service manager. My car dealer has given me a rental NOT Chevy though.
    I need a contact number for a "can help" person that can help me remedy this debacle.
    I hope you got their name (of the person that said "there's nothing anyone can do") then tell the person you call their name and maybe something will get done. Upper management hates it when they look bad because of someone that doesn't give service. Take names, give names and you'll get help. Also, whoever you talk to, ask them there name again at the very end of your conversation, that will let them know you will contact them and they will feel commited to help since yo have and know their name! Hope this helps too! Good Luck.
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

VHII, WACF, 5150
    Last Online

03.31.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I would also like to mention that I don't feel the US makes inferior products across the board and I buy American as much as possible. That's just my opinion on American vehicles. Of course there are very few vehicles, if any, made exclusively in any one country with parts exclusively manufactured in that country as well. I just think it's a company standard of excellence thing and my opinion is that American vehicles just don't meet the standards of some other foreign manufacturers. Pick up the Consumer Reports yearly publication that includes vehicle ratings and you'll see that GM vehicles don't get the same ratings that Honda and Toyota do.
    "Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce the king of 10 fingers and six strings... Mr. Edward Van Halen!"