fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Default U2/VH

could u imagine if VH came out with a song that smacks you in the face like the first tune on U2's new album?

i mean i love the 3 new songs, but the new U2 song kicks you right in the teeth!!
    if they can do it, Eddie sure can..

ed, get sober,get inspired and let it rip!!
    we will support you!!

just my .02....
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Favorite VH Album

the next one!
    Last Online

03.11.12 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Pert:
    Are you talking about "Vertigo"? That is an AWESOME song...I have to blast the radio every time it comes on.
    If only U2 hadnt signed that deal with Apple...I could have the MP3! But Im not splurging for an iPod when my Pocket PC plays music just fine, and isnt tied to freaking iTunes!
    "Look, I'll pay you for it, what the f**k?!"

"If I don't make her happy in the bedroom the wife gets bitchy for days at a time, but when I come to bed ready for action she laughs and laughs. She even laughs while I make my moves so I know I must be pleasing her as only I can do."
    The one, the only..Wengie

"Denny Crane" - Denny Crane

Last Online

02.04.05 @ 11:45 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah I agree! The whole entire U2 album is great! They really bring back their old style with this album.
    I cant help but imagine what album VH would have put out had they not split in 96. I mean "Human Beings" was then like what "Vertigo" is now. I can only hope they put out that one song everyone was calling VH's "Stairway to Heaven".
    Planet US had a song they recorded for the Spiderman soundtrack called "Vertigo".
    I have a live crappy recording of that song. I was great!
    I feel it in my bones that they will record a new album this year and it will KICK ASS!!
    THEY HAVE TOO!!!!

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

To be honest, It's About Time kicked me in the teeth a helluva lot more than Vertigo did. When I heard Vertigo for the first time I was like "Wow, that's heavy for U2." But when I heard IAT my jaw dropped.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

like i said, the 3 new tunes are great..iat does kick ass...but let's face it..it's not inspired music..Vertigo..that's inspired!!

so is the majority of the aLBUm..

if ed could get sober and get his head together and then just relax and let it flow,critics and sales be damned, i can only imagine my dentist bill!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Bundy

What, did someone hit you?
    Clever! And yes, to answer your question. Eddie hit me right in the face with his guitar riff

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Haven't we been waiting for Eddie to sober up and get his act together for the last 20 years?
    No.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I hate Vertigo, I never liked it at all. I like the 3 new Van Halen songs so much more. That is why I post on a Van Halen board, because I love Van Halen.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Baluchitherium VanHalenMetallica's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1,Balance,FW,1984,FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Not a big Van Halen 3 fan
    Last Online

04.30.08 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I liked Vertigo when it was first played.But It's About Time effected more.I didn't expect the riff to sounds so heavy! If the first song U2 had released from their new album was City Of Blinding Lights or Sometimes You Can't Make it on your own (I probably said it wrong).I would've been floored.
    The question is not, "Does love exist?"
    But when she leaves, where she goes?
    I got the feelin' she don't know either
    Wait like the wind, watch where she blows

Favorite VH Album

the next one!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

The banning and censorship here, to support only those who praise Van Hagar, has really nothing to do with anything that the original Van Halen was all about.
    Isnt it time your village discovered their idiot is missing? You are always free to leave. I have yet to be banned or censored in 5 yrs of posting here, so maybe its just YOU?

"If I don't make her happy in the bedroom the wife gets bitchy for days at a time, but when I come to bed ready for action she laughs and laughs. She even laughs while I make my moves so I know I must be pleasing her as only I can do."

Favorite VH Album

the next one!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Being sour and angry isn't what Van Halen was all about, either.
    Neither is insulting everyone who doesnt agree with you. Now quit besmirching the name of my favorite serial killer!!

Favorite VH Album

I, II, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Jump/D.O.A./Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 09:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i think it's interesting that the title of the u2 album comes from a line from the *bonus* track (if you get either the book version or international copy), "Fast Cars"... i hate this bonus track b.s. for non-U.S. versions of albums, and i know they do it so that those countries can sell their cd's at higher prices...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Being sour and angry isn't what Van Halen was all about, either.

ahhh i was wondering where i knew your smart assedness from...now i remeber.
    look, here's the deal, as far as im concerned, anyone can go anywhere until the majority of the natives want them to leave. meanwhile, i rteat each of you with respect and i expect the same in return. if you only want to be a smart ass or anything else that gets you hard, go knock yourself out, just not in my threads. i dont suffer "tough guys" long.

as for U2, i happen to be a fan and am familiar with their music. im 40 so i saw them begin their career. i happen to love VH much more, but when a band puts out a good song like U2 and Vertigo, among others on the album, and you hear and feel the inspiration, you cant help wondering about that magical elixir getting into the veins of whoever your favorite musicians are..and i dont mean booze.

Original VH was about partying,fucking and kicking ass..it was also all done with a sense of humor and some tongue in cheek. For ed., it is about a love he holds....

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

i completely agree about the last 10 yrs for u2..which is why i havent bought any of it until now..
    i feel some of the songs on this album are coasting..but the majority is good for me.
    that being said, not close to VH in my book.

and Ed cant feel his love because of exactly what you said...alcoholism. it numbs him.. im trying to figure out what the hell he is hiding from..why is he numbing himself all the time...it must be painful in his mind..

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The U2 record is good, but I wouldn't say it exactly "kicks you in teeth".
    Even at their hardest, they're not that 'rock'.
    I would give their latest effort the umm, edge, over VHs current stuff,
    though, simply in terms of craft and creativity.