Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

Eddie News from the Left Coast

Hey, all...just got this email from my cousin, co-owner of a legal printing service in Glendale (basically, L A for those who don't know). Anyway...he sent the following email:

Marc....just got some news about Eddie from a good customer and friend who works at WB (he handles legal for The Darkness, Trapt, and some other bands NOT to include Van Halen). He said Eddie has been bingeing for the last two weeks. He wont' take any phone calls but someone else has been taking messages for him. Apparently Ed was booted from a therapy session sometime last week. Also Ed was spotted last week at Nic's and the Martini Lounge in Beverly Hills. He showed up with a couple of guys. They ate and after about an hour Ed became very disruptive. The mamager asked him and his friends to leave....which they did.

Don't mean to be a bearer of bad news but so far nothing he's told me has been bunk.

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Well that sucks! But thanks for keeping us updated.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Sounds like it's right in line with 9's last comments.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fuckin' rock stars.....
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:49 PM
    Liked 1,596 Times in 982 Posts

Donor

Hey, there is tomorrow, man, rejoice.

Ah, La Crescenta. Been there, done that. Does the Eagle Rock cineplex still show cartoons before features? How 'bout the Rocky Cola Cafe's vanilla pepsis?

Nah, Ed don't need to be committed. He's just sad. Tormented self-induced artist woes, likely. Destructive behavior is often the case with creative types. I'm empathetic, but selfishly speakin' I still gots to round me up my brethren and talk some sense to that boy. I wants a new album before I pass on to that great wheel in the sky.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

I've spent time in the bottle but I could not imagine living like this for most of my life...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 08:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Goddammit, I worry about that guy. I mean, come on, for most of us here...he's like family. We all know him at least fairly well from the things we've read and heard. I just don't know how to feel. I understand he has the right to do whatever he wants and I, for one, am certainly not going to stand in his way or argue that point. I have just heard so many things from so many different people and from so many perspectives, I don't know what to believe. All the while knowing we'll never hear the WHOLE story. Just a headline on the Fox News ticker that 'Guitar great Eddie Van Halen was found dead in his Los Angeles home today'. For me personally, I have no idea what he's going through right now or at any other time in his life. I just know that I want him to be happy in whatever form it takes for him. Even if he (or they) never put out another record...I just hate to see someone I feel a genuine kinship with (regardless of how he feels) in that kind of turmoil.

Love you, Ed. Best wishes.

p.s. - I'm drunk right now and reserve the right to disavow any statement made in the above post when I read it again tomorrow. Except the 'Love you, Ed' part.

Just kidding...but I am drunk.
    "They don't even know what it means to be a fan. You know, to truly love some silly little piece of music or some band so much...it hurts." - Almost Famous

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:34 PM
    Liked 593 Times in 364 Posts

Donor

*sigh*

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:06 AM
    Liked 278 Times in 100 Posts

Donor

I worry about what I am going to wake up and read one day as well. Ed needs to help himself. No one here is going to be able to do it for him. But he is living his life by my own philosophy...you only live once so you may as well enjoy it. My personal issue is with Cheesesteaks (wiz wit) and cheese fries.
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge the New England Fucking Patriots, Dallas Fucking Cowboys, New York Fucking Giants, Washington Fucking Redskins, Carolina Fucking Panthers, Tampa Bay Fucking Bucs, Florida Fucking Marlins, Atlanta Fucking Braves, New York Fucking Mets, Boston Fucking Red Sox, Boston Fucking Bruins, and New Jersey Fucking Devils.

( . Y . ) Boobs!

\m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

Last Online

02.14.09 @ 06:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheStorm
    Goddammit, I worry about that guy. I mean, come on, for most of us here...he's like family. We all know him at least fairly well from the things we've read and heard. I just don't know how to feel. I understand he has the right to do whatever he wants and I, for one, am certainly not going to stand in his way or argue that point. I have just heard so many things from so many different people and from so many perspectives, I don't know what to believe. All the while knowing we'll never hear the WHOLE story. Just a headline on the Fox News ticker that 'Guitar great Eddie Van Halen was found dead in his Los Angeles home today'. For me personally, I have no idea what he's going through right now or at any other time in his life. I just know that I want him to be happy in whatever form it takes for him. Even if he (or they) never put out another record...I just hate to see someone I feel a genuine kinship with (regardless of how he feels) in that kind of turmoil.

Love you, Ed. Best wishes.

p.s. - I'm drunk right now and reserve the right to disavow any statement made in the above post when I read it again tomorrow. Except the 'Love you, Ed' part.

Just kidding...but I am drunk.
    I agree...100%...with everything stated here except the drunk part.
    I'm not drunk, I'm wired on *strong* hot tea at the moment....hehe!
    Different type of caffine buzz...but it wtill works.
    JA
    "I don't care if I never get another fan. I'm KEEPIN' all of these!" -S.H.

Good Enough
    where Conan O'Brien is no longer president, a.k.a. Finland
    Favorite VH Album

All of them.
    Favorite VH Song

As Is.
    Last Online

10.03.17 @ 11:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVHWolf
    No one here is going to be able to do it for him. But he is living his life by my own philosophy...you only live once so you may as well enjoy it.
    Maybe we should do something for him. After all we're his biggest fans..
    -nobody rules these streets at night but me-

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by atomic_punk
    Maybe we should do something for him. After all we're his biggest fans..
    Only thing you can do is go buy his crap... but then again would you not be just filling an enabler role by doing so??

There's nothing that can be done unless Ed wills it... Just accept the fact that Ed is doing what he wants and the harsh reality is we should be prepared for his demise long before ours with the direction he's heading.
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    Hey, there is tomorrow, man, rejoice.

Ah, La Crescenta. Been there, done that. Does the Eagle Rock cineplex still show cartoons before features? How 'bout the Rocky Cola Cafe's vanilla pepsis?

Nah, Ed don't need to be committed. He's just sad. Tormented self-induced artist woes, likely. Destructive behavior is often the case with creative types. I'm empathetic, but selfishly speakin' I still gots to round me up my brethren and talk some sense to that boy. I wants a new album before I pass on to that great wheel in the sky.

right on the money squalley...
    i also think his torment still stems from him feeling trapped..you can see him running from something..he's trapped because he's feeling he's becoming what he never wanted to become..an older rocker trapped within a specific "formula" for his music. remember, when he tried to break out(vh3) he was severly slapped...plus he doesnt look like he used to,and that's a fact of life..he has to look in the mirror ea day and see himself...probably doesnt like what he see's...
    i know i could help him..but i'll never get the chance.

or will i....??
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

I think you hit it Pert, he's never tasted failure (not that going GOLD is a failure, but compared to VH's past success, VH3 flopped) until he tried to experiment. That has to hit the ego hard and already being an alcoholic could not have helped the situation.

I think that VH3's impact on Ed may have caused him to be afraid to take chances again...this could explain the formula-driven mediocrity of IAT and UFB (LTS was a little more complex than the other 2) Not that the songs were terrible IMO, but maybe a step backward.

I just hope he can get it together and rebuild the mighty Van Halen with either Dave or Sam and rise again.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

i hate to say it and i love to say it...but ed cannot rebuild VH..noone can.the only way that can be done is if ed says fuck-it to his fears and goes with whatever he wants to play...i dont know if sam would want to be a part of that..if he did he is more than capable of succeeding as well with them..if not, i say change the band--start new..start with ed, and al..then go find a bass and a singer.

its not that i dont love mikey, i do, its just that if he's in there, its gonna be VH no matter who's singing. im not opposed to that either...as long as they DON'T follow the formula and just make the music they want, sales be damned..they dont need the fucking money anyway
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)