Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kid Rock to perform at Bush Inaugural

KID ROCK's Scheduled Appearance At BUSH Inaugural 'Shocking' - Jan. 6, 2005

Source Blabbermouth

Ron Strom of WorldNetDaily.com is reporting that KID ROCK, a popular vulgar rock-rapper whose lyrics wouldn't begin to pass muster with the Federal Communications Commission, is headlining the youth concert during the inauguration festivities for President Bush — a politician who was re-elected largely due to the participation of traditional "values voters."

The Detroit-based rapper, who dedicated his first album to songs about oral sex and who was voted the Sluttiest Male Celebrity at the 1999 MTV Video Music Awards, will perform Jan. 18 at the Washington, D.C., Armory in a concert hosted by Bush daughters Jenna and Barbara. Teenage singer JoJo also will appear at the event.

After reading some of Kid Rock's lyrics, Randy Thomasson, president of Campaign for Children and Families, was outraged the rapper would be a part of the president's festivities.

"I just read Kid Rock's sexually explicit lyrics and feel ashamed and dirty for even looking at his songs," he told WorldNetDaily.com. "If this sex-crazed animal, whose favorite word is the F-word, is allowed to sing at Bush's inauguration this will send a clear message to pro-family Americans that the Republican Party has taken them for a ride and ditched them in the gutter."

Said Thomasson on the rapper's lyrics: "This is the worst I've ever seen. This guy's singing about how he sexually exploits every girl and then asks them if he can do it with their moms."

Thomasson wondered how "Bush's FCC can take the F-word off TV and fine radio and television networks that cuss on the air and show indecency, and then have the most indecent, sexually explicit, anti-family white singer on the planet representing the second term of George W. Bush."

Thomasson said even if Kid Rock were to perform less offensive songs at the youth concert, his mere presence at a Bush event sends a huge message.

"This is more than inconsistent; it's a sham," he said. "This guy is one of the worst role models for youth imaginable."

Concluded Thomasson: "It makes me angry. … This is a good reason to leave the Republican Party."
    “I made some mistakes tonight but we sing and play our f***ing instruments. Accept no substitute “ Tom Petty at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center July 3, 2002

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 10 Posts

Good! It's nice to see that not all entertainers are liberal pantywaists! I'm not the biggest Kid Rock fan out there, as a matter of fact, I really can't stand the prick, but if Bush wants him at his inauguration and Kid Rock wants to be there, then "So Be It!"
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Last Online

01.13.07 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was gonna say something about Kid Rock, but then I read this, "Teenage singer JoJo also will appear at the event", yet another reason I'm not going to the inaguration!
    So you broke down, trying to leave town, I broke down crying on your return. You left me feeling hopeful, I'll never see your face again. You made for a bad lover's liver. You stole all the covers and busted my head. You made me such an asshole, I wish we'd never met. I'm tired of being bored. I'm through with the headaches. Hiding my hands that tremble like earthquakes. Under the table, under the daytime sky, Good Fucking Bye- Good Fucking Bye, Alkaline Trio

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    Good! It's nice to see that not all entertainers are liberal pantywaists! I'm not the biggest Kid Rock fan out there, as a matter of fact, I really can't stand the prick, but if Bush wants him at his inauguration and Kid Rock wants to be there, then "So Be It!"

I agree! BTW, cool website there Viking
    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Poundcake
    I agree! BTW, cool website there Viking
    Well, thank you! I haven't worked on it as much as I should, but it's there dammit!
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)