Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 10:11 PM
    Liked 14,675 Times in 7,999 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    This one reminds me of driving home from my girlfriend's house (now my wife of 30+ years) in late 1985 / early 1986 …

One of my very favorite RUSH tracks.

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

02.24.20 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 2,447 Times in 1,391 Posts

I think Grace Under Pressure needs to be reevaluated as one of the top 5 Rush records. All 8 tracks are stellar. Afterimage + Red Sector A, fantastic back to back moment.
    Little Dreamer

Last Online

02.25.20 @ 11:13 PM
    Liked 4,424 Times in 2,822 Posts

Donor

Oh, Iím fully in the camp that PW, MP, Signals, and GUP are Rushís best records. Older school guys will always say Hemi, Kings, and 2112 are their best.

GUP is sorely underrated by most. Itís epic, and has my favorite Rush track second only to La Villa......DEW. Just a perfect Rush track.

5. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

02.26.20 @ 01:32 AM
    Liked 1,844 Times in 984 Posts

Premium Member

For me, Rush's best albums started in 1974 and ended in 2012. I've had the discography on rotation all week, so many great songs, a few tears here and there, but all love.
    Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read. - Frank Zappa

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 07:21 PM
    Liked 19,980 Times in 11,484 Posts

CARMINE APPICE Pays Tribute To NEIL PEART At 'Metal Hall Of Fame'

†"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

From February 2019

†"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

RUSH Music Sales Music Surge 2000% In U.S. After Death Of NEIL PEART

January 17, 2020

According to Billboard, RUSH song streams surged by 776% while sales grew by more than 2,000% in the U.S. in the days following the death of drummer Neil Peart.

Between January 10 and January 13, on-demand audio and video streams of RUSH's catalog increased to a combined 24.54 million. The band's 1981 classic "Tom Sawyer" was the most streamed song during the period, with 2.8 million listens, compared to the 698,000 streams it registered between January 6 and January 9. Song sales were at 19,000 compared to 1,000 in the previous three days, with album sales increasing 1,820% to 6,000.

Elsewhere, RUSH songs took up 23 of the 25 positions on Billboard's LyricFind U.S. and LyricFind Global charts dated January 18. The LyricFind Global and LyricFind U.S. charts rank the fastest-momentum-gaining tracks in lyric-search queries and usages globally and in the U.S., respectively, provided by LyricFind. The Global chart includes queries from all countries, including the U.S. Once again, "Tom Sawyer" was the most popular song on the Global chart, followed by "Limelight" (No. 2), "The Trees" (No. 3), "The Temples Of Syrinx" (No. 4), "Losing It" (No. 5) and "The Garden" (No. 6).

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ru...of-neil-peart/

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 08:13 PM
    Liked 13,276 Times in 7,262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    If he truly was friends with Neil, I am fairly certain that he ought not to be revealing that kind of detail to the public, if in fact it's even remotely accurate, if he really wants to honor his friend, the most private rockstar to ever walk the earth.

No statements whatsoever about the specifics of his disease, yet the drummer for Godsmack spills the Peart family privacy?

Something ain't right there.
    Reading that, it was the first thing i thought, as well.

Neil was so private, why would you think it's okay to leave that image in people's minds?
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    Reading that, it was the first thing i thought, as well.

Neil was so private, why would you think it's okay to leave that image in people's minds?
    Because the dude is a douchebag, and he wasn't really friends with Neil, they'd just met a couple of times.

Disgusting prick.

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

JETHRO TULL Drummer DOANE PERRY: NEIL PEART 'Faced Brain Cancer Bravely, Philosophically And With His Customary Humor'

January 17, 2020

Doane Perry, drummer with JETHRO TULL, has paid tribute to his longtime friend Neil Peart, who died on January 7 in Santa Monica, California after a three-year battle with glioblastoma, an aggressive form of brain cancer. The iconic RUSH drummer was 67 years old.

Earlier today, Perry took to his Facebook page to write: "I want to thank all the people who have so kindly written, texted, posted or called regarding Neil's passing. Like so many, this has completely undone me and I haven't quite known where to start. I am working on something more substantial to be posted in the future when things have settled a little for everyone.

"During the last three and a half years, Neil faced this brutal, aggressive brain cancer bravely, philosophically and with his customary humor, sometimes light and occasionally dark — all very characteristic of him, even given the serious situation and the odds handed to him at the time of the diagnosis and subsequent surgery. But he fought it. By his own request for privacy, few people knew, but his understandable response to this news in no way excludes or diminishes ALL of those who also knew him, worked with him or loved and admired him from up close, or at a distance. His tenacious approach to life served him well during these last years and although he primarily kept his own counsel, he retained his dignity, compassion, understanding and his deeply inquisitive nature, which never deserted him. Remarkably, considering the severity of his condition (glioblastoma) and through the resulting aftermath, he really had no pain. This was always my first question when I saw him. 'Any pain?' I asked. 'No pain', came the reply. What a blessing that was. We were all grateful for that.

"For every one of us who loved him, near and far, this is a loss that is difficult and impossible to summarize in a few short paragraphs. The outpouring of love, respect and appreciation from every imaginable quarter for this extraordinary, singular talent and beautiful man with a mind like no one I have ever met, is touching beyond words. To those that had to guard and hold on to this information closely for three and a half years, for obvious and protective reasons; his wife Carrie, daughter Olivia, his loving family, band, colleagues and friends, they have my undying admiration. You know who you are.

"Apart from his deeply gifted, genius talent and prolific output, which he brilliantly displayed through music, lyric and prose writing and that staggering storehouse of knowledge across an array of subjects in multiple fields, he remained a kind, gentle, considerate and modest soul and a consummate gentleman… as well as an extraordinary friend. If you were his friend, you knew it and he understood how to be the best friend that you could ever hope to have. I think I speak for all, known and unknown to him, to say he will be deeply missed, eternally loved, appreciated and remembered for his many invaluable contributions to music, art and the written word. That will be forever celebrated.

"Despite what he knew and we knew which was inevitable, I believe there is some sense of relief that this long, difficult odyssey has finally ended.

"Thank you my dear friend, for passing this way. We are all richer for your presence and light in our lives."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/jethro...stomary-humor/
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 01.17.20 at 12:17 PM.

15. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

Donor

That's the way to tribute, from someone who actually knew him. All evidence to date suggests he got the diagnosis about a year and a half after the R40 tour ended. So much for the Godsmack douchebag's timeline. Figures.

There's little chance Ged and Alex would've been considering possibilities, and they were, if Neil had been playing under that cloud at the end of the R40 tour.

Ugh. What a scumbag.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

02.25.20 @ 12:46 PM
    Liked 1,104 Times in 715 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

That was an amazing post - I wonder if he wrote it, it was incredibly articulate. Not a slam, I don't know much about Jethro Tull or this guy at all. But it was a great post.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

02.26.20 @ 04:07 AM
    Liked 12,421 Times in 6,989 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Because the dude is a douchebag, and he wasn't really friends with Neil, they'd just met a couple of times.

Disgusting prick.
    very well said.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

02.26.20 @ 03:19 AM
    Liked 427 Times in 251 Posts

Cool

Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

21. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online