Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

02.28.20 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 2,664 Times in 1,635 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    So who would the drummer be?

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk
    I know of one who hasn’t been seen since 2015.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

02.28.20 @ 06:37 AM
    Liked 4,240 Times in 2,592 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I know of one who hasnít been seen since 2015.
    Great minds think alike. And great drummers do too.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

02.28.20 @ 05:18 AM
    Liked 2,492 Times in 1,677 Posts

I would hope these guys would be above it, but I never would've thought i'd see Eagles touring without Glenn Frey or Steely Dan without Walter Becker, yet here we are...
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

Liked 1,108 Times in 717 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I would be SHOCKED if they called themselves Rush without Peart. I just don't think they would. If they did a series of fundraising type concerts I could see them coming close, but I just don't believe you'll ever see "RUSH" as part of the bill again. Those guys are too normal and have too much integrity.

The Eagles have always struck me as mercenary and individualistic. Not shocked at all - I think Henley would tour by himself and call it the Eagles if he could.

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

02.27.20 @ 10:30 PM
    Liked 1,514 Times in 921 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Like the Spirit of Led Zep...sadly, I hope they retire the name and leave a good thing as it once was in the memory of Neil
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

ďA patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.Ē

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

Liked 1,108 Times in 717 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I should add - I think it's far more likely we never hear them play a Rush song together live again than they get on stage under the RUSH banner.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they just said nope, those songs are done live for us, we may make new music together but we're not going back to any of this. With the possible exception of them doing a one-off song or two as guests with another band - like Grohl gets Geddy up to play and sing a Rush song at a Foo Fighters concert (just thought of them because Dave did that) or something like that.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

02.28.20 @ 04:56 AM
    Liked 7,019 Times in 3,668 Posts

I am no RUSH expert but just watching that documentary on Netflix makes me believe that its very unlikely Geddy and Alex would play together without Neil. When he lost his wife and daughter they figured they could be done. Now a one off show for a cancer benefit with a drummer they are tight with, possibly but not under the RUSH banner. I think that they only played with two drummers who are both deceased probably makes that a long shot. I could see them simply just going up on a stage, saying a few words and then walking off is far more likely

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

02.27.20 @ 07:35 PM
    Liked 20,009 Times in 11,502 Posts

These guys still want to play music. No, they’ll never be RUSH again but they definitely will play music.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

14. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

02.27.20 @ 07:35 PM
    Liked 20,009 Times in 11,502 Posts

IRON MAIDEN's STEVE HARRIS Calls NEIL PEART's Passing 'A Sad Loss'
    January 20, 2020

IRON MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris has commented on the passing of Neil Peart, who died on January 7 in Santa Monica, California after a three-year battle with glioblastoma, an aggressive form of brain cancer. The iconic RUSH drummer was 67 years old.

Speaking to Rob Rush Radio, Harris said (head audio below): "I never met Neil. I met the other two guys [from RUSH]. I played tennis with the other two. A good friend of mine, Andy Curran from CONEY HATCH up in Canada, we played doubles [with them].

"Yeah, it's a sad loss with Neil passing — just awful, really," Steve continued. "But [IRON MAIDEN] never played any gigs with [RUSH]."

He then repeated: "Yeah, awful."

In a 2018 interview with The Metal Voice, Harris was asked how much of an influence on his bass playing RUSH's Geddy Lee was. He responded: "Not very much, really, if I'm honest, because I was really influenced by more British players. I did love RUSH as well, [and] I still do — the '2112' album and 'A Farewell To Kings' and all that, of course. … But Geddy is a fantastic player — of course he is."

Harris went on to recount the experience of playing tennis with Lee and RUSH guitarist Alex Lifeson. He said: "It was quite funny, because me and Andy [Curran] were supposed to play tennis against them two, and Geddy said, 'No, actually…' So, basically, me and Geddy ended up playing them two first and then we switched around afterwards. Nobody was there to watch it, but I thought it would be quite funny if people had seen me and him playing tennis together."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ir...ng-a-sad-loss/
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 8,345 Times in 4,220 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    I would hope these guys would be above it, but I never would've thought i'd see Eagles touring without Glenn Frey or Steely Dan without Walter Becker, yet here we are...
    Don Henley would sell tickets to a funeral. He is a very shady musician. Just ask Felder, Leadon or Meisner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

02.28.20 @ 12:49 AM
    Liked 4,432 Times in 2,827 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    Don Henley would sell tickets to a funeral. He is a very shady musician. Just ask Felder, Leadon or Meisner.

Seriously. He's a dick. That whole Felder thing was horseshit. Never been the same without him.

I sorta chatted with him once. We were waiting for the Police reunion show to start at Staples Center in '07, had the best seats in the house, he and his wife were sitting right behind us. So we said hello, exchanged pleasantries. My buddy who was with me said something like "so you're a fan of Copeland too, I guess" and Henley says "He's ok." And he was saying it begrudgingly. And while we knew he was a good drummer of his own accord, the manner in which he down dressed Stewart was....petty.

But we already had a shaded op of him, because of the whole Felder account.

20. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 8,345 Times in 4,220 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Seriously. He's a dick. That whole Felder thing was horseshit. Never been the same without him.

I sorta chatted with him once. We were waiting for the Police reunion show to start at Staples Center in '07, had the best seats in the house, he and his wife were sitting right behind us. So we said hello, exchanged pleasantries. My buddy who was with me said something like "so you're a fan of Copeland too, I guess" and Henley says "He's ok." And he was saying it begrudgingly. And while we knew he was a good drummer of his own accord, the manner in which he down dressed Stewart was....petty.

Henley once had a guy kicked out of his concert here in Atlanta over him wearing a don felder shirt. In the front row.

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    Henley once had a guy kicked out of his concert here in Atlanta over him wearing a don felder shirt. In the front row.

LOL. Like I said. Petty man. What a maroon.

Last Online

Donor

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEIL-PEART-...7656124fa8087c

Oof. Kid needs the money, sure, I get it, but...giving up a priceless heirloom kinda once a lifetime kinda memento.....and there's 45 watchers lol.

20k seems high even for this post mortem treasure.

Last Online

02.27.20 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1,283 Times in 689 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post

Well, for Don to even think he's remotely in Copes actual play ground is stupid. But yeah, Don comes across as a full DB. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

" that's so pussy ass" Brook.

25. The Following Member Likes This Post: