Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

01.26.20 @ 11:28 PM
    Liked 1,234 Times in 692 Posts

I'm still having a hard time with Neil's passing. I mean, Rush is an amazing band with unbelievable music, and Neil as a musician was phenomenal, but it was his lyrics and writings that made the biggest impression on me. "The Pass" saved my life. It literally did.

Very, very few people know this about me, but I have always suffered from depression, and there has never been a day that I can remember in which I didn't contemplate suicide. I survived one failed attempt. Years later, I was prepared to give it another go, when my CD player that was on shuffle just happened to play "The Pass." Ever since, that song has become a way to help me realize that I'm not alone in my feelings. There's light if you look for it, even if it seems unreachable at times. No amount of therapy, meditation, or prescriptions has ever been able to pull me back from the brink, but that song does. Neil Peart saved my life.
    blah blah blah Devin Townsend blah blah blah

https://www.facebook.com/devintownsendexperience

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

01.27.20 @ 05:31 AM
    Liked 2,443 Times in 1,647 Posts

music really does have that power - it doesn't always even have to be good - just has to resonate in some way with the listener. That's why it saddens me that so many people seem to be more than happy just to shove music into the background, instead of taking the time to listen and appreciate and connect.
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

3. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

01.27.20 @ 03:37 AM
    Liked 19,497 Times in 11,172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    I'm still having a hard time with Neil's passing. I mean, Rush is an amazing band with unbelievable music, and Neil as a musician was phenomenal, but it was his lyrics and writings that made the biggest impression on me. "The Pass" saved my life. It literally did.

Very, very few people know this about me, but I have always suffered from depression, and there has never been a day that I can remember in which I didn't contemplate suicide. I survived one failed attempt. Years later, I was prepared to give it another go, when my CD player that was on shuffle just happened to play "The Pass." Ever since, that song has become a way to help me realize that I'm not alone in my feelings. There's light if you look for it, even if it seems unreachable at times. No amount of therapy, meditation, or prescriptions has ever been able to pull me back from the brink, but that song does. Neil Peart saved my life.
    Glad to have you here with us, brother.

Peace!
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

01.27.20 @ 01:22 AM
    Liked 280 Times in 157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post

The world's a better place with you still in it mate.
    ďAnd what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever Ė that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both Ė thatís intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.Ē - David Lee Roth

7. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

01.27.20 @ 07:30 AM
    Liked 4,335 Times in 2,759 Posts

Donor

Ughhh. Watching the Grammys. Seeing Neilís pic during the In Memoriam segment....was tough.

What a shitty January.

9. The Following Member Likes This Post: