Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I & Balance
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One & Feelin'
    Last Online

01.18.18 @ 04:27 PM
    Liked 275 Times in 155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yaminub View Post
    Here it is. Just a few tweaks after shipping and it's great. I'm just learning how to tame it now...

To be more accurate, it's pretty much a Bass VI on the top, not exactly a baritone. It's a bass with six strings. I probably will go to thicker Bass VI strings soon though (currently has baritone strings), I'm thinking about it.
    That's absolutely killer man!!! Think I speak for us all when I say "we wanna hear the fucker!!!" I'm vicariously excited for you--feel like I got the guitar or something!!

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    I could be wrong, but always thought it was a six string baritone. Look at the differences in the placements of the two bridges, with obviously different scale lengthes between the two necks.

Good to see you around here again!
    Thanks man! Nice of you to chime in! I should log in and post more often than I do. I lurk a lot, but don't log in as much

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I & Balance
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One & Feelin'
    Last Online

01.18.18 @ 04:27 PM
    Liked 275 Times in 155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyBHarris View Post
    Those of you who have played, or own, both the EVH 5150 and the earlier round of EVH Striped Series (B/W, R/B/W, B/Y, Circles) Guitars, how would you rate the 5150 against those earlier models? Thanks!
    Scotty, I have them all and can offer my (underwhelming) opinion. I absolutely LOVE my 5150. I really didn't have to do much to it after receiving it from Sweetwater. Lowered the action just a bit, but either from the factory, or from Sweetwater, it was already pretty set up.

This might not be what you want to hear, but I honestly don't think the 5150 is really much different than the other Striped Series, except for the Star. Don't get me wrong, it plays and sounds great! I've always been drawn to that guitar as it's always been my favorite. Playability-wise, I really wouldn't say it plays, or feels any better than the Circles, Bee, Frank, or B&W. The Star's a different beast, and a bit awkward to play--especially in the higher frets. The quality of the 5150 is great, and the finish is very nice. I just don't have anything bad to say about it.

I actually swapped pickups in a few just to change shit up a bit. Have a Pariah Pasadena White in my Bee, the Fender Frankenstein in the Frank (the Frank was modded by Judah Guitars into an almost accurate Frankie replica), and a Pariah Pasadena Black in the 5150. I'm much happier with them that way but don't get me wrong, the stock Wolfgang pickups sounded great.

All the above is just my opinion, so you may feel differently. Hope this helps in some way.

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

01.22.18 @ 02:40 AM
    Liked 69 Times in 34 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Yaminub View Post
    Here it is. Just a few tweaks after shipping and it's great. I'm just learning how to tame it now...

To be more accurate, it's pretty much a Bass VI on the top, not exactly a baritone. It's a bass with six strings. I probably will go to thicker Bass VI strings soon though (currently has baritone strings), I'm thinking about it.
    Dude, that looks so friggin' cool! I'd definitely give the Bass VI strings a try, especially with a big fat .090 for the low E.
    What are the specs on it? Is the upper body solid or chambered/semi-hollow like the Music Man one?

6. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

01.22.18 @ 09:50 AM
    Liked 933 Times in 470 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoKart Mozart View Post
    Dude, that looks so friggin' cool! I'd definitely give the Bass VI strings a try, especially with a big fat .090 for the low E.
    What are the specs on it? Is the upper body solid or chambered/semi-hollow like the Music Man one?
    Full solid body but lighter than the luthier's Gibson LP. Very light piece of wood this is. Maple top is thicker than the binding, by about %50. 25.5" and 30.2" scales. Tone zone/air norton and SD lipsticks.