Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the band Motley Crue?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • They are great

8 14.81%
  • They are good

25 46.30%
  • They are just OK

16 29.63%
  • They suck

5 9.26%
Page 196 of 198 FirstFirst ... 96146186193194195196197198 LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 2958
    Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

11.19.19 @ 01:10 AM
    Liked 2,129 Times in 979 Posts

To celebrate the 30th anniversary of DR Feelgood, the Crue are releasing a bunch of collectable Feelgood merch....

https://store.motley.com/collections...vM8j6YPukOzW-E
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

11.19.19 @ 12:49 AM
    Liked 1,340 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post
    30 years ago this weekend........ Dr Feelgood released on Sept 1, 1989......

We talked about Dr FG quite a bit a month or so ago..... While not a vhlink fav......I still really like the album.

SiriusXM HAir NAtion is doing a special for Dr Feelgood over the whole Labor Day Weekend.

Celebrate the 30th anniversary of DR FEELGOOD with the music and the guys from Motley Crue! Tracks from the album, performances of live versions of the songs and the demos... PLUS: The stories behind the album! It all starts FRIDAY at 5pm ET/2pm Pacific on SiriusXM channel 39!

Dr Feelgood quiz here: https://www.qzzr.com/c/quiz/471970/t...TEwbTtClPFqiNs

That "Ooh! Ahh!" instead of "WHOAH! YEAH!" Kickstart demo made me laugh a little. Sounded like they were covering A Chorus Line.
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Stats:
    BECAME PSYCHO FAN: 12/91
    VAN HALEN W/DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN W/SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN W/GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 9x
    DAVE SOLO: 13x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (W/MONTROSE 1x, @CABO WABO CANTINA 1x)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

11.19.19 @ 12:49 AM
    Liked 1,340 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post
    Back to Ten Seconds to Love. One of my favorite Crue songs for sure.

Mick with a nice riff to start it off. Vince is pretty low key in the first couple of parts.

Great Mick solo at 2:10

2:40 - Great Bass and Drums part with Vince coming over the top. Then the signature chorus.

Good as a LIVE version also.
    Awesome tune, but I think "Bastard" is their all-time best deep cut.
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Stats:
    BECAME PSYCHO FAN: 12/91
    VAN HALEN W/DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN W/SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN W/GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 9x
    DAVE SOLO: 13x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (W/MONTROSE 1x, @CABO WABO CANTINA 1x)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x

4. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

11.18.19 @ 05:00 PM
    Liked 18,736 Times in 10,698 Posts

This shit has been blowing up the last few days.

STEEL PANTHER Fires Another Shot At MÖTLEY CRÜE: 'What's 'Backstabbing'?'

October 19, 2019

STEEL PANTHER has fired another shot at MÖTLEY CRÜE after Nikki Sixx called STEEL PANTHER "backstabbers" for making a joke about Vince Neil.

Earlier today, the STEEL PANTHER Twitter shared a 1994 MÖTLEY CRÜE interview clip from MTV News that was taped two years after Neil was dismissed from the band and while CRÜE was promoting its self-titled album featuring John Corabi on vocals.

In the tweet, STEEL PANTHER included the message "Hey Siri, what's 'backstabbing'?", and suggested that Apple's voice assistant responded in the form of the above-mentioned video.

In the clip, the MÖTLEY CRÜE members were asked if they cared when Vince sustained several broken ribs and internal injuries while jet-skiing a few weeks before.

https://twitter.com/Steel_Panther/st...144034816?s=20

“ My heart goes out to you, [Vince]," guitarist Mick Mars said with a laugh. "What happened to the coral reef, though?"

"Hey, when 300 pounds of blubber land on the coral reef, you know there was some dust flying around," Sixx added.

The latest war of words between STEEL PANTHER and MÖTLEY CRÜE began when PANTHER drummer Stix Zadinia and singer Michael Starr were asked in a recent interview which musician from the past they would like to bring back. Starr replied, "I'd bring back Vince Neil," and Zadinia chimed in, "He's not dead." Starr pressed on, saying: "I'd bring back Vince Neil from back in the day because that guy is dead."

After news of STEEL PANTHER's comments made the rounds, Sixx tweeted: "The singer in Steal Panther [sic] can go fuck himself … wanna-be band putting down Vince Neil?" One fan then pointed out that STEEL PANTHER sometimes plays MÖTLEY CRÜE songs during its concerts, to which Sixx replied, "That's why they are assholes. Backstabbers."

This is not the first time members of STEEL PANTHER and MÖTLEY CRÜE have traded barbs. In 2017, Zadinia said that his band "really felt unwelcome" during its tour with MÖTLEY CRÜE several years ago. The drummer, whose real name is Darren Leader, told Music Life Magazine: "[MÖTLEY CRÜE members] Tommy Lee and Nikki Sixx did not like it when we went on tour with them in 2011. And that was the only time that we really felt unwelcome. The thing with those guys is I think they thought we were actually making fun of them directly. And I just gotta chalk that up to their egos being too big, because nothing that we do has anything to do with them directly. But we ended up doing the tour and it went off great and everything was totally fine," he said, adding that it was a European tour and that DEF LEPPARD was actually the top-billed band on the jaunt.

Sixx told Australia's Music Feeds in 2016 that he didn't care for STEEL PANTHER's music. "You know, it's not my thing," he said. "That's just me personally. I don't know. It doesn't feel… I guess a lot of people think it's funny and they're kind of a joke band and that's cool. But that's not my cup of tea. I kind of take my music a little more seriously."

Back in June 2015, Starr revealed in an interview that Lee "was pretty upset over the fact we poked fun at Vince Neil. He didn't like it. He just thinks we're just a joke, like a stupid joke band that shouldn't be playing with them. But all their fans like us."

Starr added that members of MÖTLEY CRÜE simply "take themselves a little too serious," except for Vince Neil, who "totally loves it."

"You know, he told me, 'Hey, Michael, when we retire, you can have all our fans,'" Starr said.

Last year, STEEL PANTHER guitarist Satchel acknowledged that not everyone is a fan of his group's over-the-top, juvenile sex-and-drugs schtick. "There are bands that hate our guts," he told Meltdown of the WRIF radio station. "We did a tour a few years ago with DEF LEPPARD and MÖTLEY CRÜE. And DEF LEPPARD, they got us on the tour, and it was an arena tour in the U.K. And they love us — they were so nice and so cool. And MÖTLEY CRÜE was on the tour, and they hated us. They wanted to kill us — every night they wanted to kill us. They talked to us, like, once the whole tour. And Tommy Lee and I, we just got into it — we butted heads a lot. 'Cause Tommy Lee… I don't know why he hates us so much. Listen, I extended the olive branch. I wanted to be friends with them. I think some people feel threatened. I think maybe Tommy Lee feels like we're poking fun at him personally. But we're just having fun… And someday maybe MÖTLEY CRÜE will be our friends, but I think Tommy Lee would love it if one of us got hit by a bus."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/st...-backstabbing/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

11.18.19 @ 08:48 PM
    Liked 14,006 Times in 7,623 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    This shit has been blowing up the last few days.

STEEL PANTHER Fires Another Shot At MÖTLEY CRÜE: 'What's 'Backstabbing'?'

October 19, 2019

STEEL PANTHER has fired another shot at MÖTLEY CRÜE after Nikki Sixx called STEEL PANTHER "backstabbers" for making a joke about Vince Neil.

Earlier today, the STEEL PANTHER Twitter shared a 1994 MÖTLEY CRÜE interview clip from MTV News that was taped two years after Neil was dismissed from the band and while CRÜE was promoting its self-titled album featuring John Corabi on vocals.

In the tweet, STEEL PANTHER included the message "Hey Siri, what's 'backstabbing'?", and suggested that Apple's voice assistant responded in the form of the above-mentioned video.

In the clip, the MÖTLEY CRÜE members were asked if they cared when Vince sustained several broken ribs and internal injuries while jet-skiing a few weeks before.

https://twitter.com/Steel_Panther/st...144034816?s=20

“ My heart goes out to you, [Vince]," guitarist Mick Mars said with a laugh. "What happened to the coral reef, though?"

"Hey, when 300 pounds of blubber land on the coral reef, you know there was some dust flying around," Sixx added.

The latest war of words between STEEL PANTHER and MÖTLEY CRÜE began when PANTHER drummer Stix Zadinia and singer Michael Starr were asked in a recent interview which musician from the past they would like to bring back. Starr replied, "I'd bring back Vince Neil," and Zadinia chimed in, "He's not dead." Starr pressed on, saying: "I'd bring back Vince Neil from back in the day because that guy is dead."

After news of STEEL PANTHER's comments made the rounds, Sixx tweeted: "The singer in Steal Panther [sic] can go fuck himself … wanna-be band putting down Vince Neil?" One fan then pointed out that STEEL PANTHER sometimes plays MÖTLEY CRÜE songs during its concerts, to which Sixx replied, "That's why they are assholes. Backstabbers."

This is not the first time members of STEEL PANTHER and MÖTLEY CRÜE have traded barbs. In 2017, Zadinia said that his band "really felt unwelcome" during its tour with MÖTLEY CRÜE several years ago. The drummer, whose real name is Darren Leader, told Music Life Magazine: "[MÖTLEY CRÜE members] Tommy Lee and Nikki Sixx did not like it when we went on tour with them in 2011. And that was the only time that we really felt unwelcome. The thing with those guys is I think they thought we were actually making fun of them directly. And I just gotta chalk that up to their egos being too big, because nothing that we do has anything to do with them directly. But we ended up doing the tour and it went off great and everything was totally fine," he said, adding that it was a European tour and that DEF LEPPARD was actually the top-billed band on the jaunt.

Sixx told Australia's Music Feeds in 2016 that he didn't care for STEEL PANTHER's music. "You know, it's not my thing," he said. "That's just me personally. I don't know. It doesn't feel… I guess a lot of people think it's funny and they're kind of a joke band and that's cool. But that's not my cup of tea. I kind of take my music a little more seriously."

Back in June 2015, Starr revealed in an interview that Lee "was pretty upset over the fact we poked fun at Vince Neil. He didn't like it. He just thinks we're just a joke, like a stupid joke band that shouldn't be playing with them. But all their fans like us."

Starr added that members of MÖTLEY CRÜE simply "take themselves a little too serious," except for Vince Neil, who "totally loves it."

"You know, he told me, 'Hey, Michael, when we retire, you can have all our fans,'" Starr said.

Last year, STEEL PANTHER guitarist Satchel acknowledged that not everyone is a fan of his group's over-the-top, juvenile sex-and-drugs schtick. "There are bands that hate our guts," he told Meltdown of the WRIF radio station. "We did a tour a few years ago with DEF LEPPARD and MÖTLEY CRÜE. And DEF LEPPARD, they got us on the tour, and it was an arena tour in the U.K. And they love us — they were so nice and so cool. And MÖTLEY CRÜE was on the tour, and they hated us. They wanted to kill us — every night they wanted to kill us. They talked to us, like, once the whole tour. And Tommy Lee and I, we just got into it — we butted heads a lot. 'Cause Tommy Lee… I don't know why he hates us so much. Listen, I extended the olive branch. I wanted to be friends with them. I think some people feel threatened. I think maybe Tommy Lee feels like we're poking fun at him personally. But we're just having fun… And someday maybe MÖTLEY CRÜE will be our friends, but I think Tommy Lee would love it if one of us got hit by a bus."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/st...-backstabbing/
    Lol, the guys in Steel Panther are better players than everyone in Crue.

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

11.18.19 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 26,607 Times in 13,424 Posts

Doesn't matter. Motley Crue actually has some great songs.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Doesn't matter. Motley Crue actually has some great songs.
    Doesnt matter. The guys in Crue, EXCEPT for Vince ironically, are being hypocritical whiny babies on this issue.

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Doesnt matter. The guys in Crue, EXCEPT for Vince ironically, are being hypocritical whiny babies on this issue.
    I just can’t believe that Crüe doesn’t see how stupid they look arguing with a comic band.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

13. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    I just can’t believe that Crüe doesn’t see how stupid they look arguing with a comic band.
    Well, Tommy Lee has always been a fucking moron, but apparently Nikki is just as much of an idiot. Vince at least has enough sense to just roll with it and not take it seriously.

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

11.18.19 @ 09:18 AM
    Liked 265 Times in 186 Posts

maybe Crue sees too much of themselves in Steel Panther, and that's why they feel threatened by it. It's easy to see why they'd take it as a jab. Still, MC is definitely being immature about it.

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

11.17.19 @ 10:43 PM
    Liked 12,496 Times in 6,838 Posts

Motley achieved so much & made their mark.

I do not get how they can be so thin skinned, at this point in their careers.
    Just laugh it off and understand, We all get old eventually, but we were shit-hot
    in the 80's, and no one can erase that.

Vince probably doesn't care.

He was a cool looking rockstar, and probably fucked a billion hot girls.

At this point, you can sort of lay back and laugh at how successful you
    ended up.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.19.19 @ 01:50 AM
    Liked 16,841 Times in 7,424 Posts

Default The Official Motley Crue Thread

The guys in Motley Crue have never struck me as a) intelligent or b) willing to laugh at themselves. A sack of marbles may have a higher IQ than Tommy Lee.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

19. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

11.19.19 @ 02:05 AM
    Liked 9,166 Times in 6,595 Posts

Premium Member

Nikki SIxx has made a LOT of dumb choices in his life, yet is actually pretty intelligent. Tommy Lee gives off that 'Spicolli' stoned surfer vibe, yet is an excellent drummer - arguably my favorite.

I always liked Motley Crue (with Vince). The tunes and the videos are part of the era I grew up in.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    The guys in Motley Crue have never struck me as a) intelligent or b) willing to laugh at themselves. A sack of marbles may have a higher IQ than Tommy Lee.
    “The Dirt” should have been called “A Bunch Of Dumb Dicks”

22. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

11.17.19 @ 10:43 PM
    Liked 12,496 Times in 6,838 Posts

I met Nikki years ago for our store signing (Heroin Diaries), and he struck me as very intelligent
    and down to earth.

But he definitely enjoyed the adulation, and being the center, which was cool.

I'd ask him a question, and he never blew me off (Cough...Mustaine...cough), he went
    into vivid detail and enjoyed responding.

And i liked the fact that he treated the older, less attractive women, as well as the younger,
    smoking hot ones (there were a lot of women there).

He made everyone feel like they were worthy.

And he was nice, behind the scenes, which is always telling.

Rachel Ray.....absolute MONSTER.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...