Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

04.05.20 @ 12:30 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 152 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    would Walmart not have given him a leave considering the family situation he was facing?
    He asked and was told he could have 2 weeks and gave him a phone number to call. He would have to go through some process to get 2 weeks. He was going to do it, but I told him in 2 weeks it'll just be worst. He hated to make that call and quit, he did for his dad. No one called him back to talk to him. They figure they can easily give the job to someone else. Walmart doesn't care.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

04.05.20 @ 07:41 PM
    Liked 12,924 Times in 7,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi VH View Post
    He asked and was told he could have 2 weeks and gave him a phone number to call. He would have to go through some process to get 2 weeks. He was going to do it, but I told him in 2 weeks it'll just be worst. He hated to make that call and quit, he did for his dad. No one called him back to talk to him. They figure they can easily give the job to someone else. Walmart doesn't care.
    That's terrible

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

04.05.20 @ 12:30 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 152 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    It's pretty tough up there and it is going to get worse I fear. I would be very worried to have my son working and coming into contact with so many people as my experience lately is that so many people are taking a very fatalistic "If I get it, I get it" approach, without thinking that the other side of that is "If I spread it, I spread it"

Hopefully there will be some financial help for your son to make up for the job and hopefully when this is all over and people are going back to work he will find something as good or better

I know a lot of the grocery stores are hiring and some, like Kroger seem to be doing a better job of protecting their workers

I have been avoiding Walmart over the aisle crowding and lack of dis infecting wipes etc

At Kroger they ran out of the wipes and instead had a guy with gloves and a madk spraying down every cart. Walmart was just letting it pass
    Yeah, I was very worried, I had a lot of anxiety about him getting sick. And there would be the customers that aren't worried about it, and he would have to help them and check them out and there isn't any social distancing. His Walmart didn't have the drive up/pick up, the customers have to come in.

He doesn't have any bills and he has always been a saver. He has 10 times the amount of savings than I have! I'm going to look into some tech schools and try and find something, or there is always Kroger's, I've heard good things about them.

Walmart is now restricting the amount of customers they are letting in. It started today, I like them because they are the cheapest, but I like to buy fruit and vegetables from Kroger.

Thank you, Daisy! My son is such a good, sweet young man, he'll be fine.