Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1282 of 1295 FirstFirst ... 28278211821232127212791280128112821283128412851292 ... LastLast
Results 19,216 to 19,230 of 19418
    Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, China Town
    Last Online

11.19.19 @ 02:49 PM
    Liked 391 Times in 231 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by jrk5150 View Post
    A few years back I took my first work trip to NYC (had been a few times but never mid-town during a workday). Came up out of Penn Station around 10 am and would agree - took my breath away. I just looked around and my first thought was WTF, I am NOT a NYC kind of guy. Nope. No-how. It's just too much. Over the past 10 years I've traveled to a number of downtown cities for work - most of the major ones - and there is just nothing even remotely like NYC.

Mmmm...pizza. Truth be told, I prefer the pizza in NJ anyway.

1st time I went to NYC in 2003, that was my exact experience. Walked up the stairs from Penn Station, and the 1st thing you see is the Empire State Building...incredible! I travelled to lots of places (including London & Paris this summer), but New York is still far and away my (& my wife's) favorite. Last time we went, in 2017, we saw tapings of the Daily Show & Stephen Colbert, went to a Yankees game, the new One World Trade Center viewing floor, 9/11 Museum, walked thru Chelsea to see the "Friends" apartment, Central Park & Strawberry Fields, the Iridium (where Les Paul played), & the list goes on.....we're going back in the next couple of years, & I can't wait

EDIT: We were staying in the SW corner of Times Square, and there was a pizza place on the corner that was crazy good! (An Italian dad & his 2 sons working there were yelling at each other all day lol). Went to Ray's in 2013 & it was awesome as well!
    Last edited by KS 5150; 10.18.19 at 07:45 AM.
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.19.19 @ 04:27 PM
    Liked 1,195 Times in 755 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

This was one of our favorite stops. River Cafe under the Brooklyn Bridge.

rc_image_view__large.jpg
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

4. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

11.19.19 @ 01:28 PM
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,872 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    This was one of our favorite stops. River Cafe under the Brooklyn Bridge.

rc_image_view__large.jpg
    Wow, what a view!
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Now I'm watching NYC live webcams...

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

11.19.19 @ 03:06 PM
    Liked 2,545 Times in 1,341 Posts

Premium Member

Default Heart

I came here to VA hospital yesterday for some tests as I have suspected for some time that I've had heart issues (pressure, tightness, chest discomfort during activity), and they knew right away during testing, then sent me into O.R. for angiogram, and confirmed that I have 4 major blockages (90-99%). They're surprised I'm still living, actually. That I am still alive is due, apparently, to my being otherwise very healthy and fit and strong they say.
    Anyway, they're not letting me leave. I'll be here through the weekend and will have quadruple bypass surgery on Mon or Tues.

I had no doubt that I would get bad news yesterday, but the severity of it, and the shock on the face of every doctor who see's my test results, and their locking me down in ICU till I have surgery next week. Well, I didn't quite expect all that. Thought I'd be here a couple hrs yesterday for some tests, get a bad diagnosis and then go home and go from there. But nope, here I sit now in a hospital bed awaiting quadruple bypass open heart surgery.

Guys and gals, if you're having symptoms then don't put off getting tested.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

11.19.19 @ 06:41 PM
    Liked 18,747 Times in 10,704 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    I came here to VA hospital yesterday for some tests as I have suspected for some time that I've had heart issues (pressure, tightness, chest discomfort during activity), and they knew right away during testing, then sent me into O.R. for angiogram, and confirmed that I have 4 major blockages (90-99%). They're surprised I'm still living, actually. That I am still alive is due, apparently, to my being otherwise very healthy and fit and strong they say.
    Anyway, they're not letting me leave. I'll be here through the weekend and will have quadruple bypass surgery on Mon or Tues.

I had no doubt that I would get bad news yesterday, but the severity of it, and the shock on the face of every doctor who see's my test results, and their locking me down in ICU till I have surgery next week. Well, I didn't quite expect all that. Thought I'd be here a couple hrs yesterday for some tests, get a bad diagnosis and then go home and go from there. But nope, here I sit now in a hospital bed awaiting quadruple bypass open heart surgery.

Brother Wruff, I will be praying for you.
    Stay strong!
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

11.19.19 @ 01:54 PM
    Liked 835 Times in 462 Posts

Take care man. Blockages are no joke. I waited 48 hours to go to the doctors in 2016 thinking I had really bad heartburn which I used to get. Turns out it was 75% blockage and was on the table within 60 minutes. 1 stent, pacemaker and defibrillator later , I'm enjoying a full life these days.

Glad they caught it.
    Cabo x 25
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

11. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Sounds almost word for word what happened to my old boss, right down to "they're surprised I'm still living". Had his quadruple by-pass surgery and is doing fine ten years on.
    Prayers!

13. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

11.20.19 @ 12:48 AM
    Liked 4,017 Times in 2,452 Posts

Premium Member

Wruff....Thought maybe watching Joe Flacco last night put you over the top? Prayers for healing and good times ahead.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

15. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

11.19.19 @ 05:39 PM
    Liked 1,810 Times in 899 Posts

Premium Member

Wruff - glad they caught this before you went down for the count. You’ll be sore but feeling better soon. Wishing you all the best!

17. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

11.19.19 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 17,069 Times in 8,999 Posts

Premium Member

Stay strong Wruff.

Glad that shit show last night didn't send you over the edge.

Sending prayers your way for a successful procedure and full recovery.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

19. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

11.19.19 @ 03:06 PM
    Liked 2,545 Times in 1,341 Posts

Premium Member

Thanks for the encouraging words, all of you. I sure appreciate it. This recovery's gonna be rough, but yes I'll be much much better for getting this done.

Yeah, the Broncos looked sooo bad last night.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

21. The Following 6 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

11.17.19 @ 10:43 PM
    Liked 12,497 Times in 6,838 Posts

Keep us updated, Wruff, and it's better you are gonna get this done quick, though i'm sure
    Monday or Tuesday might feel like an eternity.

Really smart you went in when you did, and they can resolve the issue in time.

Take care, man.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

23. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.19.19 @ 10:29 PM
    Liked 466 Times in 312 Posts

Hope you get better man, keep us updated
    Dealing with it.

25. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

11.20.19 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 11,160 Times in 6,164 Posts

Premium Member

Last edited by Number 47; 10.18.19 at 10:32 PM.