Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

03.29.16 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

In my opinion, this forum is somewhat Hagar-biased. Having seen two shows now, let me make some objective observations to put some perspective on the largely unfair DLR-bashing that's been going on.

I think whoever goes onstage first has the advantage. People can crack on these guys for their age all they want, but the audience isn't getting any younger either! As such, two essentially headlining sets make for one long show, and the first one on will get the best crowd response.

Keeping that in mind, I have read some reviews here about how crowds have thinned out a little during shows that Dave closes, which as I found out is an unfair slam. I saw this happen in Scranton, but I also witnessed it during Sammy's closing performance last night. Again, I think that's more a reflection on that segment of the audience's endurance (or desire to beat traffic) than on individual performances. Having said that, I will continue to pay attention to these points in Holmdel and Hartford...

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good point. As for the bashing, everyone needs to realize these are two different types of performers. Sam and Dave are both approaching this tour differently. Despite each member of the audience's personal taste, both guys are doing a stellar job in their own unique way.