Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Women And Chidlren First/Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

05.18.10 @ 07:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Living in Maine has it's druthers... and one of them is that it totally sucks! This state is so far behind in the music scene it is literally sickening. Unless it's about Top 40 or Country Music, you'll hear NO news about anything in the real world of music.

Luckily, today I decided to peruse the internet and get the latest rumors about what my all-time favorite band was up to, and ran across this site. And to think that the first news I get in a couple years about VH is that of a Dave/Sammy tour?!?!?! WOW! YES!!!

I stopped searching for VH info on a regular basis back when they made the 2 new songs for BEST OF, talked about "reforming", and then "broke up" again. I just couldn't take it anymore...

So while this reunion is not as good as an "Original 4" reunion, it is good to see.

Are the dates that are out there now just preliminary? I notice no true East Coast shows... what about NYC? Boston? CT? GA? FL? What is the deal?!?!?

Anyone know if more dates are forthcoming? We all know that East Coast is King!

Dave says: "I'm going to do almost exclusively the VAN HALEN catalog. It's about time that we show up and not just do renditions. I have a hot band that will serve it large." DOES THIS MEAN that he is going to ruin every VH song he performs? Don't get me wrong - I believe DLR was the driving force of VH, and was the best member ever. But Dave seems to like to change words, forget words, make up words, etc. etc. I'd rather see the VH songs done more true to their original form than to see something like this Quicktime clip at www.davidleeroth.com (click to view and hear it) of Mean Streets. Okay, okay, tinker with the music and arrangement a bit, but keep the vocals the way they were!!!!

What do you guys and gals think?

[ April 18, 2002 at 08:37 AM: Message edited by: alexbravo ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Dave wrote the songs, which means he can sing them however the hell he wants to. Geez, didn't you ever see the Grateful Dead? They changed their songs all the time

Actually, I would like to see Dave pass up the overplayed hits like Panama and especially Jump in favor of songs he hasn't done in a while. Everybody Wants Some, Romeo Delight, Somebody Get Me A Doctor, etc.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You're timing is good if you dropped out in '96 and just made it back. Be grateful you missed the Cherone "era" and haven't been around for the last 3 years of countless reunion rumours and precisely nothing ever happening.

Just to get you up to speed - don't expect Dave to do mean street-type versions of the old VH stuff. It will be very, very true to the original to the extent that his last guitar player (Bart Walsh) was from a well known VH tribute band The Atomic Punks and his new guitar player (Bryan Young) is also from The Atomic Punks and allegedly does an even better impression of Eddie than Bart did [img]smile.gif[/img]

Expect East Coast dates (probably July/August) if the first leg of the tour sells well.

[ April 18, 2002 at 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Jonathan ]</p>
    Delusions of eloquence

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Women And Chidlren First/Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

05.18.10 @ 07:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

FORD, no, I never saw The Grateful Dead, and had no idea they changed their stuff up much wen they played live... I never saw VH with DLR either (although I do have a nice double-album bootleg of a 1984 concert at MSG). My first concert ever was Aug 26, 1986 in New Haven, the first night of the filming of Live Without a Net. I'd just like to hear the old VH songs done live the way they originally were, without Dave dropping in some "gangsta shit" (like he did on that Mean Streets vid clip), you know?

And Jonathon, how true! I couldn't believe that I just decided to check out what is up in VH world today, and I get such good news as this! HELL YEAH! I suppose the Cherone era is one reason I didn't keep up with VH the past couple years... that experiment was worse than New Coke! Eddie and Alex seem to be really hated now, I'll have to do some reading on why they are hated so much (I am seriously out of touch!!!!)

Thanks for the input, fellas! Praying for East Coast dates!!!

[ April 18, 2002 at 10:03 AM: Message edited by: alexbravo ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The only thing I can say is Sammy is doing some shows on his own in early May and September. I'd say additional dates between those two periods is possible.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."