Favorite VH Album

Blueprint
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

02.17.17 @ 06:11 AM
    Liked 79 Times in 21 Posts

I just listened to the Stern audio.

For the life of me, I cannot understand how people who profess to be Van Halen (I mean the stuff with Roth) or Van Hagar fans can whine that
    "Dave is mean to Sammy",
    "Sammy is mean to Dave",
    "They both are mean to Ed and Al", or
    "Why are they picking on Gary"

Van Halen or Van Hagar always appeared to have a bit of a sense of humor -- driven by the frontmen, of course. Neither Dave not Sammy appear to take themselves so seriously that they cannot JOKE (the operative word) with each other. This audio was classic and I think the friendly tone of the rivalry bodes well for the tour of the year.

This audio made me excited about a concert tour for the first time in years -- they are rivals and will take shots at each other (and the Bros.) in good-natured, rock-n-roll fun. Both will deliver their "A" game and we, as fans, as the winners, except for the humorless whiners who truly seem upset that Ed might be insulted by Sam and Dave jokes.

(Like we should give a shit what Ed thinks after his bullshit. If he's pissed off enough maybe he'll put his ego in a closet next to the master of "How Many Say I" and get off his ass and call Dave.)

Last Online

11.18.12 @ 07:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Smokin' 5150:

For the life of me, I cannot understand how people who profess to be Van Halen (I mean the stuff with Roth) or Van Hagar fans can whine that
    "Dave is mean to Sammy",
    "Sammy is mean to Dave",

Van Halen or Van Hagar always appeared to have a bit of a sense of humor -- driven by the frontmen, of course. Neither Dave not Sammy appear to take themselves so seriously that they cannot JOKE (the operative word) with each other. This audio was classic and I think the friendly tone of the rivalry bodes well for the tour of the year.

This audio made me excited about a concert tour for the first time in years -- they are rivals and will take shots at each other (and the Bros.) in good-natured, rock-n-roll fun. Both will deliver their "A" game and we, as fans, as the winners, except for the humorless whiners who truly seem upset that Ed might be insulted by Sam and Dave jokes.

(Like we should give a shit what Ed thinks after his bullshit. If he's pissed off enough maybe he'll put his ego in a closet next to the master of "How Many Say I" and get off his ass and call Dave.)
    Right on!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

I listened to it live and then downloaded the mp3 version off the web and listened again last night. They were throwing shots at each other - but it was all fun and they were each just rolling with the punches! It was fun to listen to and it really did hype the upcoming tour.

Dave was being "classic" Dave - just how he was in interviews of the glory days! If you like Dave, you know what I'm talking about.

I just got my tickets for the Cleveland show (closest show to Buffalo). I bought 4th row seats from a "scalper" off eBay and paid thru the nose! But guess what, this may be the only time this will ever happen and only chance we have to see Dave and Sammy tour "together". So, I wanted to see it and I figured, if I'm driving 2-3 hours to Cleveland to see this, I ain't sitting in the back! I said, If we're going, WE'RE GOING!! I've been pulling for the VH reunion with Dave for the past 2+ years and who knows what the hell the problem is and was. I've seen every VH show with Sammy since 1986, the VH tour with Gary - but I've never seen Dave live. So, this should be pretty fucking cool!!

Now . . . ON WITH THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Banned!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Most excellent post Smokin. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

VH2001, you've never seen Dave live? Oh man, you are in for a treat. Enjoy the show hon. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ May 08, 2002 at 05:43 PM: Message edited by: FlufferChick ]</p>

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by FlufferChick:
    Most excellent post Smokin. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

VH2001, you've never seen Dave live? Oh man, you are in for a treat. Enjoy the show hon. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Yes, Smokin - great post!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

No, FlufferChick, I've never seen Dave live, except on video. Favorite is '83 US Festival!!
    Nothing against Sam, but I definately like DLR era the most.

Thanks babe! Should be a great show!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Unreleased Box Set, Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Me thinks it's because so many have never seen Dave w/Van Halen (no offense VH2001). The board's demographics seem to support this.

And hell, I can't blame 'em. During my own coming of age, we had the death of John Bonham. 'Can still hear the reports from the radio that night.
    So, in the years to follow, most of us created our own quandry of a "reunited" Led Zeppelin, which of course never happened. I have since been able to catch the Plant/Page shows, which were as close as it gets, and they were enjoyable !

So, if ya get a chance, check out the Sam & Dave tour !! And by all means, the next VH tour - whatever that incarnation may be.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Don Kirschner Fan:
    Me thinks it's because so many have never seen Dave w/Van Halen (no offense VH2001). The board's demographics seem to support this.

And hell, I can't blame 'em. During my own coming of age, we had the death of John Bonham. 'Can still hear the reports from the radio that night.
    So, in the years to follow, most of us created our own quandry of a "reunited" Led Zeppelin, which of course never happened. I have since been able to catch the Plant/Page shows, which were as close as it gets, and they were enjoyable !

So, if ya get a chance, check out the Sam & Dave tour !! And by all means, the next VH tour - whatever that incarnation may be.
    No offense taken - You may be right!
    Couple that with no VH concert since 1998 and you get some pretty hungry fans!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Blueprint
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

I've been a loyal fan since 7th grade -- I got turned on to VH just after the Diver Down tour past through my area and my parents said that I was too young to see the show in 1984 and that I could see them next time --- well we all know what happened next. There may be a nursing home in my parents' future because of that.

Since then, I've seen every Van Hagar tour, every Dave tour in support of an album (except '99 and the 2001 summer tours) and Sammy's Marching to Mars show. The best concert of my entire life had to have been the EEAS Meadowlands show in 1986 -- Dave's birthday. AWESOME.

If Dave and Sammy are even at 75% -- they will blow away almost every show on the road. These guys deliver the goods.

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been a loyal fan since 7th grade -- I got turned on to VH just after the Diver Down tour past through my area and my parents said that I was too young to see the show in 1984 and that I could see them next time --- well we all know what happened next. There may be a nursing home in my parents' future because of that.
    LOL! That would be fitting justice!
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Since then, I've seen every Van Hagar tour, every Dave tour in support of an album (except '99 and the 2001 summer tours) and Sammy's Marching to Mars show. The best concert of my entire life had to have been the EEAS Meadowlands show in 1986 -- Dave's birthday. AWESOME.

If Dave and Sammy are even at 75% -- they will blow away almost every show on the road. These guys deliver the goods.
    are you from the Meadowlands area bro??? bergen county??? nj?

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[/qb]
    Couple that with no VH concert since 1998 and you get some pretty hungry fans!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE]

'Starved here, too [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] 'Had a great seat for that tour, too - on Ed's side of the stage, but that's because of the slow ticket sales. But come right up to the dimming o' the house, the place seemed filled.

And so it's been.........

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Great observation !

At least for opening night.... [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don Kirschner Fan - You're from Cleveland?
    Are you going to the show in Cleveland?

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

"Dave is mean to Sammy",
    "Sammy is mean to Dave",

so fucking true bro!!!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Blueprint
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

are you from the Meadowlands area bro??? bergen county??? nj?
    I am a product of Rockland County, NY -- Suffern to be exact. Since we were literally a stone's throw from Jersey -- I spend some of the best times of those formative years at shows at Brendan Byrne Area and hanging out at the Jersey Shore.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> are you from the Meadowlands area bro??? bergen county??? nj?
    I am a product of Rockland County, NY -- Suffern to be exact. Since we were literally a stone's throw from Jersey -- I spend some of the best times of those formative years at shows at Brendan Byrne Area and hanging out at the Jersey Shore.</font>[/QUOTE]bergen county area is where i am from...family is still there..