Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's the Van Hagar answer to "Hot for Teacher". It will get crowd going, making them think..."Oh yeah....I remember this." Put a power drill in Vic Johnson's hands, and go to work! Vic can't do the solo. So what! It get's a bit migraine-like anyway. You've gotta throw your best punch! "10-13" sold....I dunno, 100,000 copies. People don't know "Shockadobbie"!!! I do, but no one else.

A few more suggestions.
    1. For God's sake, kick in the drums on "Right Now"! I'm tired of that acoustic shit. I keep waiting for it to rock....and it don't! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

2. Summer Nights [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

3. Best of Both Worlds [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

4. Judgement Day [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

5. Plenty of others....

For Christ's sake Sam....give yourself a chance!!! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

POUND CAKE
    Last Online

05.08.08 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I also hope he reconsiders the decision to open with Shaka Doobie. I think it would be a mistake.

[ May 07, 2002 at 09:49 PM: Message edited by: ouncie33 ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Judgement Day would be fuckin' bad-ass! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah...here's "Judgement" certainly would be a message to everyone who thinks Van Hagar is "soft." [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Judgment Day is quite possibly the best true Van Hagar song. The question is, can Sammy and Vic actually play it. And sorry, I just don't see them pulling off the drill thing on Poundcake.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

HELL YEAH JWS!!! Judgement Day rules, I like it more than Hot For Teacher, although I think HFT rocks as well. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I think Summer Nights requires the use of the Transtrem. Can a tune like that be played with any accuracy on a regular guitar? That's a song I don't see Sammy or Vic handling.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah Ford you're right. Here's the deal. When Sammy hired Vic, he said he didn't what ANYONE who sounded REMOTELY close to Eddie. He was quoted as saying, "Eddie's the best, you can only go down from there". To his credit, Sam didn't hire an Eddie clone, and didn't try to be a Van Hagar clone band.

The problem is Sam could drive a wedge between himself and Vic by asking him to play a bunch of Van halen tunes. Especially tunes like "Poundcake" and "Judgement Day", songs that just scream Eddie, and that Vic would be up to his neck in trying to pull off. Vic could say.."What. Now that we're touring with Roth, our stuff isn't good enough anymore?"

Sammy hasn't played either of the above since he split with VH. I hope to God he changes his mind. Dust 'em off Sam!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Maybe Sammy could hire a guitarist from the "5150" tribute band?
    Eat Us And Smile

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Doucet:
    The problem is Sam could drive a wedge between himself and Vic by asking him to play a bunch of Van halen tunes. Especially tunes like "Poundcake" and "Judgement Day", songs that just scream Eddie, and that Vic would be up to his neck in trying to pull off. Vic could say.."What. Now that we're touring with Roth, our stuff isn't good enough anymore?"
    Point taken, doucet. However, Vic had to realize that maybe one day Sam might want to lean a little heavier on his "Van Halen" stuff. Vic is an OK player, but he doesn't have "the fire" to pull off some of the VH material. Sam's latest solo stuff is not bad, but you gotta remember...

Both singers are on a mission to blow the other off the stage and IMO, I don't think the Rothians want to sit thru "Deeper Kinda Love" just like the Redheads may not wanna hear "Knucklebones".

This is about the revival of "Van Halen" to some extent...and if we can't get the lineup(s) we'd all like to see, at least let the singers do their thing. This is the perfect opportunity for Dave to blow the dust off some real vintage VH gems (ie: DOA, Romeo, Full Bug, LUTS) and Sam to do the same (ie: Judgement Day, 5150, Good Enough, Poundcake).

Hey, what the heck? Let me pick out the songlists. I'd make sure both sides leave the show exhausted. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:20 PM
    Liked 973 Times in 390 Posts

i don't see them doing judgeent day or poundcake, at least not doing it well. would be cool to hear humans being but i don't think that will happen either

he'll open with one way ta rock

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Cabo Kid:
    This is the perfect opportunity for Dave to blow the dust off some real vintage VH gems (ie: DOA, Romeo, Full Bug, LUTS) and Sam to do the same (ie: Judgement Day, 5150, Good Enough, Poundcake).

Hey, what the heck? Let me pick out the songlists. I'd make sure both sides leave the show exhausted. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    You're doing good with them so far.... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Eat Us And Smile

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by FORD:
    Judgment Day is quite possibly the best true Van Hagar song. .
    Sheep!! I hate that song, it's terrible. I think Sammy should open with "Why can't this be Dave?"

...or more seriously "Space Station #5". Wasn't he doing that on his last tour.
    Delusions of eloquence

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I TOTALLY DISAGREE with you!

I, like a lot of people have criticized Dave for doing nothing but VH tunes. I think Sam's show is perfect the way it is. He covers his entire career. From Montrose, Solo, VH, and Solo again. Granted, he should plug in a few more VH tunes and less of his latest material, because he isn't promoting Ten/13.... [img]redface.gif[/img] Well, I guess I AM agree with you!

Sammy, just don't play mostly VH tunes! Don't turn your show into a cover band! It wrong for Dave to do it. It was wrong when VH did it on the VDIII tour. It would be wrong now.

Vic has evolved into a very, very good guitarist. He handles the Eddie stuff VERY well. I don't think most of you have seen The Waborita's in a while and let me tell you...They have meshed into a very good, tight band.

You guys are going to LOVE it. Sammy is doing it right. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard

"......HEY!.............alright............." -BIG FOOT

" I know what you're thinking: "Do I want to watch Mard? We know that horses were very strong and could actually stop airplanes from flying away. The ones made out of stone called "statues" -- occasionally came to life and rode off is a colonial cliche. How many more times do we need to hear about how the oppressive Raj's wore villainous black capes, crafted cunning plastic masks to impersonate people, and drained all the blood from their slaves so they could keep the fluid in bottles in their dungeons? I mean, YAWN!

But if you're willing to sit through this dry sort of historical drama one more time -- or even just this dry historical review -- you will not be disappointed. In fact, some of you might just learn something they didn't teach you in school!-
    MARD-The Movie

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Eat Em and Smile
    Favorite VH Song

Yankee Rose
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe Sam should open with "Not Enough"?
    ******************************<br />LIVE in front of your naked, steaming typefont - it's "STEVE" from the DLRARMY!