Register
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind Of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

You And Your Blues
    Last Online

10.30.15 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

I was on ticket master and one of the DLR-Hagar concerts was listed as a clear channel event. What is that?? Does that mean it's a nationaly televised concert on payper view maybe?? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]
    FULL TIME LURKER

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No it means it's got something to do with that tacky clear channel entertainment.

Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind Of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

You And Your Blues
    Last Online

10.30.15 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

damn! got my hopes up for nothing! Im soo pissed! The gorge, so far, is the most expensive for tickets! It's starting to look as though im not going! I hope you all have a good time!
    FULL TIME LURKER

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Clear Channel has been buying up local promoters as fast as it was gobbling up radio stations. they took over the Cleveland market a few months ago. i think having CC in charge will just raise ticket proces higher than they already are. in Cleveland, everything at Blossom is run by House of Blues, which used to be Universal. once Uni took over the venue, prices went through the roof ($85 for Melissa Etheridge? WTF?) Clear Channel will be doing events everywhere else in town, which means the Gund Arena, Tower City, the Odeon, etc. only the Agora has its own production company anymore...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Last Online

09.23.12 @ 09:12 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Clear Channel ruined my favorite rock station here. It sounds so corporate and stiff no I can't believe it. Plus, it's mostly programmed with no live djs.

But hopefully it'll mean we have a shot to get the show locally!

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by diamondD:
    Clear Channel ruined my favorite rock station here. It sounds so corporate and stiff no I can't believe it. Plus, it's mostly programmed with no live djs.

But hopefully it'll mean we have a shot to get the show locally!
    Clear Channel ruins every station they touch. LOL
    Hopefully, the Department of Justice will take care of that...

I'm not sure if the Radio Division and Clear Channel Entertainment are connected..I'll have to check..House of Blues is doing the Sam and Dave show at the Gorge.

"...I'm a spark on the horizon..."

Last Online

01.15.07 @ 05:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Clear Channel is a symbol of EVIL in my eyes. They have a hidden agenda behind buying up all these radio stations. They own 5 of the stations here. I will not listen to any of them. That's fine, cause I like NPR more anyway. Radio has sucked for years and besides that's what cds are for. To enjoy the music YOU want to listen to, instead of what THEY want you to hear. CC BANNED many songs from play right after 9-11. I don't support the banning of songs for any reason and I boycott any CC station. I'm disappointed that Sam and Dave have anything to do with them. I will not attend this show should it come to my area for this reason. Sorry but I feel that strongly about it.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

03.24.15 @ 09:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, I don't know about their radio politics, but I do know that being a member of their concert club has it's benefits. Especially if you go to a lot of concerts like I do. You are always guaranteed better seats than anything you can get from ticketmaster. Of course it's like 99 bucks a year to be a member. But I like to sit close so for me it's worth it.

Although I did notice a ticket price increase dramatically over the last year or so, after Clear Channel took over Belkin. I did complain to them about that. I mean $120 to see U2? $240 to see Paul McCartney?!!!! $80 for Ozzy!!! What the fuck!!!!
    "The sunglasses ask his permission to be worn every night, that's how badass Al is.." - sinner's swing

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

CC's radio and promo divisions are intertwined. how do you think the CC stations get access to the best tix to give away to the CC events? no Infinity station is going to have tix to give away. also, almost exclusive (and free) airtime for CC event commercials...it's only gonna get worse, with CC and House of Blues having a grip on national promotions.

i don't listen to much radio, after Stern goes off the local Infinity classic rock station, i'm into my CD changer. DLR and SH had no choice but to deal with CC or HOB, look at how well Pearl Jam went over in their battle with Ticketbastard. speaking of which, my $53 pavilion tix were $58.50 or so with service charge...

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Bernz:
    Although I did notice a ticket price increase dramatically over the last year or so, after Clear Channel took over Belkin. I did complain to them about that. I mean $120 to see U2? $240 to see Paul McCartney?!!!! $80 for Ozzy!!! What the fuck!!!!
    don't call CC about the Ozzy show, that's House of Blues. Blossom has been out of control for the last few years, ever since Universal/HOB took over. actually, $80 for that many bands at Ozzfest ain't bad to me. wanting $80+ for Melissa Etheridge is the crime...

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

03.24.15 @ 09:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by twonabomber:
    don't call CC about the Ozzy show, that's House of Blues. Blossom has been out of control for the last few years, ever since Universal/HOB took over. actually, $80 for that many bands at Ozzfest ain't bad to me. wanting $80+ for Melissa Etheridge is the crime...[/QB][/QUOTE]

Actually I was referring to the Merry Mayhem tour last fall with Rob Zombie. They were suppose to play at Gund Arena which was a CC event. Until Ozzy broke his leg of course.

But I hear what your saying about Ozzfest. I heard that all of the other bands have to pay Ozzy $75,000 each. Sharon Osbourne's reasoning is that the bands are getting the exposure.

I've been to Ozzfest in the past and I don't think I'll go again cause usually, I'm not interested in 80 percent of the rest of the bands there.

Yeah, I don't think you could PAY ME $80 to sit through Melissa Etheridge. Lol!

[ April 21, 2002 at 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Bernz ]</p>
    "The sunglasses ask his permission to be worn every night, that's how badass Al is.." - sinner's swing

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

my $53 pavilion tix were $58.50 or so with service charge...
    Service charges are ridiculous. My DLR ticket last November was $35 face value, but came to $44.45 after service charges. I also bought 2 tickets to see a Sixers-Cavaliers game. The face value were $37 apiece, but after service charges the price for two tickets cost a whopping $89.50. It's outrageous and unfair, yet people will continue to pay it, so the real fans get shit upon.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

CC's radio and promo divisions are intertwined. how do you think the CC stations get access to the best tix to give away to the CC events? no Infinity station is going to have tix to give away. also, almost exclusive (and free) airtime for CC event commercials...it's only gonna get worse, with CC and House of Blues having a grip on national promotions.

i don't listen to much radio, after Stern goes off the local Infinity classic rock station, i'm into my CD changer. DLR and SH had no choice but to deal with CC or HOB, look at how well Pearl Jam went over in their battle with Ticketbastard. speaking of which, my $53 pavilion tix were $58.50 or so with service charge...
    OK -- I thought that, but I was confused..I work for CC here is Spokane(believe me I'm not proud of it. LOL). When CSNY played in Tacoma, CC Entertainment wouldn't give us any comp tix for giveaways...Seattle doesn't have any CC stations...yet(a deal has been inked)...so I thought that they might be two seperate entities.

CC Entertainment put in a bid for HOB..now that's something that's gonna suck.

Are you sure the airtime is free? CC doesn't give anything away for free. LOL I'm not sure how it works because we've hardly had any CC Entertainment events here.

[ April 21, 2002 at 04:31 PM: Message edited by: D.O.A. ]</p>
    "...I'm a spark on the horizon..."

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

there was an article done here about CC buying out longtime Cleveland promoter Belkin, and how CC has the advantages, with giveaways, commercials, etc. if i can find a link i'll post it...

[ April 21, 2002 at 04:43 PM: Message edited by: twonabomber ]</p>