Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who would love to hear these songs be played finally live????? That would be fuckin' amazing!!!! Dave would have the crowd in a frenzy... Or how about sammy doin' humans being, or something like 5150.. Something that we have never heard, or haven't heard in awhile!!!
    What do ya guys think? [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

~Matt
    "And my loves got no rain check baby!"-DLR

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'd like to hear all three songs live. Since they were all "living documents" of the 1996 debacle, would they translate into the 2002 reality?
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Dave stuff
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t just have one...
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Me Wise Magic would be interesting. Dave could take the low parts, Sammy the high, Dave the chorus w/ Sammy & Mike backing...yeah right in your dreams...
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing<br />quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have actually thought about this a lot more now, and realized that I would probably not like to hear solo sammy doing Humans Being.. I'm sorry, but vic is very very weak on guitar.. And sammy couldn't touch some of those licks in that song.. I mean, even when they do "dreams" or "why can't this be love." It has a totally different sound than the originals.. Unless thats what sammy likes, but somehow i doubt it. Eddie was a guitar genius, noticed i used the word was.. I'll use the word is, when I here some of his new material.. But, going back to the dlr side of things.. When i heard dlr play live lately, the band was almost dead on, and if the new guy behind the guitar is better than bart walsh.. WATCH OUT, its gonna be an amazing fuckin' set.. And i think he would do a killer job on Me Wise Magic, and can't get that stuff no more... This is gonna be an amazing show ladies and gentleman... I am a Sammy fan as well.. I'm gonna be there to see both shows.. I know sammy has a good stage act, and good setup with the whole cabo thing. And i'm sure it will be fun.. I'm sorry, DLR is gonna kick some major ass man.. He is gonna put smiles on a lot of people's faces!!
    And i would also like to hear some solo dave, besides tabaco road... Goin' crazy.. A little ain't enough, yankee rose, and many others.. I just really hope dave shocks us all, and finally brings the stellar track "Me Wise Magic" to the stage for the very first time.. It would be kewl if it were with the brothers, but hey, i'll take what i can get.. Maybe it would sound even better live, without the distortion, cause daves voice is very much improved since 96!!! Man it would be awesome.. Ok, i'm rambling on.. Hope to see some of you there opening night!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    ~Matt

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

03.24.15 @ 09:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd be very surprised if Sammy ever did Humans Being live. Even though it was the last song he recorded with Van Halen, it was also the song that helped fuel the separation of Sammy and VH. Sammy was supposedly totally against doing that song. The rest of the band had to complete the song with out him.

But as for Me Wise Magic. If I could pick 1 song to hear live, that would be it. Although it's hard to imagine anyone but Eddie playing guitar on it.
    "The sunglasses ask his permission to be worn every night, that's how badass Al is.." - sinner's swing

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I would love to hear Can't Get This Stuff No More and Me Wise Magic. I really doubt that Dave can pull of that deep voice he does on Me Wise Magic live though.

I think Humans Being kind of sucks so I don't want hear that. He should play Judgement Day instead.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

I don't think DLR would have any problem doing the low verse vocals for Me Wise Magic. Some of the high notes, no doubt they would tough to hit, and I imagine the yells would be left out for the most part, but it sure as hell would be the coolest thing to hear that played live. Or maybe rip out on a club days non released song. Oh yeah, and maybe House of Pain or Drop Dead Legs.
    I could go on and on.
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 1,390 Times in 763 Posts

An even bigger problem is the fact that Dave has a lot of trouble remembering songs. He couldn't even sing the lyrics right on his very poor rendition of "Mean Streets" (currently on his web site). So imagine with a complicated song like "Me Wise Magic". According to Ed, it took 2 weeks to record, with Glenn Ballard baby-sitting Dave through the song...
    I think he'll stick to "Panama" and "Hot 4 Teacher" for fear of embarrassing himself on stage...
    unfortunately.
    Little Dreamer

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think dave remembers the lyrics to most songs.. I think he plays with lyrics. Atleast thats what he was doing on the video. And "i forgot the fuckin' words" was indeed an actual fuck up on dlr's part back in the day, but it has been a line tha fans actually like.. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    It wouldn't be a dlr show without hearing that now
    I heard a rumor that dave was told by the brothers that he was not allowed to sing the second verse of little guitars during his last tour?!? (cause of plans of a possible reunion) also switching some riffs around, and some words around to other songs as well.. Is there any truth to this? Or did he just forget the second verse? I don't think he did, because he started doing it later on.

~Matt

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Dave can do the deep parts, and I think the high parts would be fine too. Dave can hit the notes. His problem is the fast parts. He can't sing quickly and maintain the sound.

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by mattjw01:
    I have actually thought about this a lot more now, and realized that I would probably not like to hear solo sammy doing Humans Being.. I'm sorry, but vic is very very weak on guitar.. And sammy couldn't touch some of those licks in that song.. I mean, even when they do "dreams" or "why can't this be love." It has a totally different sound than the originals.. Unless thats what sammy likes, but somehow i doubt it. Eddie was a guitar genius, noticed i used the word was.. I'll use the word is, when I here some of his new material.. But, going back to the dlr side of things.. When i heard dlr play live lately, the band was almost dead on, and if the new guy behind the guitar is better than bart walsh.. WATCH OUT, its gonna be an amazing fuckin' set.. And i think he would do a killer job on Me Wise Magic, and can't get that stuff no more... This is gonna be an amazing show ladies and gentleman... I am a Sammy fan as well.. I'm gonna be there to see both shows.. I know sammy has a good stage act, and good setup with the whole cabo thing. And i'm sure it will be fun.. I'm sorry, DLR is gonna kick some major ass man.. He is gonna put smiles on a lot of people's faces!!
    And i would also like to hear some solo dave, besides tabaco road... Goin' crazy.. A little ain't enough, yankee rose, and many others.. I just really hope dave shocks us all, and finally brings the stellar track "Me Wise Magic" to the stage for the very first time.. It would be kewl if it were with the brothers, but hey, i'll take what i can get.. Maybe it would sound even better live, without the distortion, cause daves voice is very much improved since 96!!! Man it would be awesome.. Ok, i'm rambling on.. Hope to see some of you there opening night!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    ~Matt
    Too right! Hopefully Vic is not only mountain-biking to rehersal, but is rehersing a little extra on the side.

Eruption
    Light industrial complex on Eastern Seaboard
    Last Online

06.08.07 @ 12:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by mattjw01:
    Who would love to hear these songs be played finally live????? That would be fuckin' amazing!!!! Dave would have the crowd in a frenzy... Or how about sammy doin' humans being, or something like 5150.. Something that we have never heard, or haven't heard in awhile!!!
    What do ya guys think? [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

~Matt
    i ripn on dave a lot, as everyone knows... but all kidding aside. MWM and SNM were mediocre tunes at best. if dave has any functioning brain cells left, i hope he sticks to the good shit.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t Get That Stuff No More
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't care too much for MWM, but CGTSNM is an amazing song, one of VH's best IMO. I think it would actually make an excellent opener for DLR, but since most of the fans won't recognize it, I expect him to play it mid-set, if at all.

If he doesn't play them, it might be b/c the songs are too painful for him; being connected to the "reunion that never was" and all.
    DIAMOND MAFIA FOREVER!<br /><br />"...How many times can somebody lie 'till patience runs its course..."<br /><br />DAVE AND SAMMY '02...DARE I SAY, "THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH, PT. II"

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

mediocre????? bight your tougne.. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] Me Wise Magic for any real van halen fan captured the best feeling in the world, made ya feel good.. Untill we heard the reunion was no more. But we can always listen back on what would of been.. Amazing guitar work, kick ass chorus, and dave's attempt to work in the studio again.. You have to keep in mind that dlr wasen't really warming up his voice in awhile due to lack of work, and bam van halen gets a hold of him to record.. I think for someone with not so many practices, he did a pretty damn good job.. The song is amazing, powerful, and made you want more from the original lineup.. [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]

~Matt

[ May 03, 2002 at 12:58 AM: Message edited by: mattjw01 ]</p>

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

CGTSNM and MWM are great songs but have you thought about what MWM would sound like without Mike's background vocals? Also how Dave would sound trying all the high parts?
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman