Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fairwarning
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets
    Last Online

03.03.08 @ 11:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have been watching the news with great interest this morning. Forest fires are raging very near the area where Saturday's show at the Blockbuster Pavilion is scheduled.

If anyone hears anything definitive either way (show goes on/show is off), please post it here.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../wildfires_147

Firefighting Turns Deadly in Calif.
    Tue Jun 18, 2:01 AM ET

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (AP) - A wildfire raging east of Los Angeles overran two fire engine crews Monday, burning three people and shutting down Interstate 15, the main route between Southern California and Las Vegas.

The accident came within hours of a firefighting plane crash in Northern California that killed three people. Video of the crash showed the plane's wings erupting in flames, then falling off as the aircraft hurtled to the ground.

In all, 20 large fires were burning in 11 states across the country. Two fires in Colorado and the blaze in Northern California have forced more than 6,000 people out of their homes since early June and all were wreaking havoc Monday.

The firefighters near San Bernardino suffered first- and second-degree burns to their hands, elbows, and noses, said Bill Peters, spokesman for the California Department of Forestry's San Bernardino unit. He said all six were listed in good condition at Arrowhead Regional Hospital.

The firefighters were trapped when flames fed by tinder-dry brush engulfed the two engines they were using as the vehicles were parked on a highway. One of the firefighters managed to deploy an emergency shelter as the heat from the flames peeled the paint off of their trucks.

Peters said the injuries, and the deaths of the three firefighters in Northern California, signal the beginning of an especially dangerous fire season for the West.

"These things happening in the middle of June do not bode well for the remainder of the year," he said.

Late Monday night, the southbound side of Interstate 15 was reopened, but the northbound lanes remained closed indefinitely as ash rained down around the area.

"A lot of people are terrified," said Perry Van, 42, of Pinon Hills, about 10 miles west of the fire.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Shit. Let's hope not.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:25 AM
    Liked 973 Times in 390 Posts

called the pavillion today and they said the show is still on

JMJ [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We don't need no water let the motherf@#$%* burn, burn motherf@#$%*, BURN. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Top Timmy:
    We don't need no water let the motherf@#$%* burn, burn motherf@#$%*, BURN. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    LMAO!

The ROOF, The ROOF, The ROOF is on FIRE!
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).